• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
YrMajesty3 said:
Sounds like most of you are early birds. Makes me wonder if my girls and I will be late loners. Anyone else dining late? We are 5 with ages 12,10,8 and one old fart besides me. Carla
Hello again Carla. Yes a bunch of people are linking up for late dining also. One of the ladies, EileenAmI, is coordinating it. Try to PM her. She doesn't frequent here too much lately. (Drinking problems I hear!!) You'll never be alone on this cruise, I promise!!...Mark

mark & sandra said:
Now, now Denine, I think it's very irresponsible of you to talk about Grumbo and Jazzman that way!!...Mark

Just don't be showing my sweet impressionable DD any of your, umm, interesting pictures!

Denine said:
Just don't be showing my sweet impressionable DD any of your, umm, interesting pictures!
I would never!! Well maybe...Nope never do that!! By the way, did you see the new "family photo" Jerry sent to Jason's site with the photos?? I would've thought you to be a much more conservative gal!! Is that a bathing suit or dental floss??...Mark

Scratch42 said:
I have the transfers booked and was told that they will only be from DL Hotel to Port. We still have to find our own way to the DL Hotel.
We have the transfers booked too, and the CM for DCL told me they were from LAX to the port only! It had better be that way or we're going to have a serious transportation problem on August 20!!

mark & sandra said:
I would never!! Well maybe...Nope never do that!! By the way, did you see the new "family photo" Jerry sent to Jason's site with the photos?? I would've thought you to be a much more conservative gal!! Is that a bathing suit or dental floss??...Mark

That would be dental floss!

Ok, I've looked back through the indexed discussions, but don't see anything definitive. Does anyone know for sure whether passports will be required for this cruise? We need to think about getting our applications in now if we'll need them.

Thanks,
Paul

No answers yet. We seem to be following the May repo cruisers lead. They'll be able to find out first if any additional documents are needed...mark

:cat:

On the question of passports. My gut feeling has been all along that we will be required to have them. But wether we do or not they really are a good thing to have.

Carla, are you flying out of LVIA or Philly.? We are leaving on the 18th from ABE(still trying to remember that it's LVIA), on Delta.

All of you who do a little or more imbibing ever hear of a Flaming Dr. Pepper? Our youngest dd came home today and mentioned having one on New Years Eve. If you are interested I will get her to give me the recipe. She says it really tasted like Dr. Pepper.

We are due for freezing rain here tonight. I'm beginning to think we will never have snow just ice. Yuck.

Estelle :wave:

:earsgirl::earsboy:

I know what you mean Estelle. We were missed by that last storm and are supposed to miss the one due later tonight. As long as it doesn't snow next Friday. The way my luck runs, we're in for a blizzard!!...Mark

Well i am here..But am lurking instead of posting...but i will just post here for now...

See, not only i am cutting back food to lost some weight for the cruise, i am also cutting back on postings to bring my posting stats down... :earboy2:

kmiles did you update that meets list on your site yet. I e-mailed you rather then post or pm here, this board has eyes you know!!...Mark

Melinda, this threads not the same without you!! We've (I've) manage to scare away all the sisterhood. They realized they met their match and then some!!!

Sandy FREAKING OUT starting to pack!! Sandy's wondering when my son grew?? Says his suit fit him last month!! Daughter says she doesn't have any clothes either. 20 pairs of shoes, 15 pocketbooks, many, many dresses, pants and tops, but nothing to wear!! My kids will be the ones on Deck 9 at the sailaway party wearing those blue plastic bags from WalMart!! Sandy will be the wacko runnind g around the deck screaming and I'll be the content looking man ignoring it all!! AAAHHHHHHHH!!!...Mark

Mark we stayed at Ron Jon's last year and ate at Grill's before the cruise. As Bob mentioned it gets busy/crazy on a weekend. We went over too late. They do take reservations but they're not worth it as it makes no difference once you get there. If you're taking the kids, as we did, I suggest you go around 5 at the latest. It is neat to watch the ships, the food was pretty good, but it was sure crowded. I'd do it again though. There is a coupon on the Grill's website too if you are going. It gives you a discount.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Thanks Grumbo- I took Bob's advice and visitied Dave's site and found their link and coupon. Is it pretty easy to get there from the area around the Radisson?? I can't find a decent map and I only know the area around the Radisson. How did you like Ron Jon's?? Any advice to make the stay better?? Room selection?? We're renting from Budget. How'd you get to the pier in the morning. I think I'll drop the car off first thing and take the shuttle with the family to the pier. Does that sound like a good idea?? Was the water park area as good as described? How were the rooms??...Mark

Oh yeah its like a 3 minute drive. We had driven to Florida so we just parked at the port. I think Budget would be the way I'd do it too if I were flying in. I personally would drop the family off First, and then get the shuttle back by myself. This way you have no luggage to haul around. It is no problem going in alone as whe we drove I dropped everyone off, they looked after the luggage and then by the time I'd parked they were already in and I came in shortly after.
You'll be in the units by the pool if it is a short stay (1 or 2 days). We had a unit overlooking the pool and it was great. I've heard some people can check in early. We had no problem but I've also seen others not being permitted. The pool is phenomenal and you can go down to the beach by either walking or taking the golf carts they have.
It is really cold today and after having sat in a freezing arena tonight (It was actually colder in this old arena than outside. I'm NOT kidding) I would love to be laying around the pool at Ron Jon's about now :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Gentlemen, WILL YOU PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD AND RESTURANTS!! SHEESCH!!!!

Mark, just go to a restuarant, any resturant and just eat...what is the big deal???? Here an advice: Have a Big Mac at Mcdonalds and head your way to the Cruise...SHEESCH!! You talk about women, going on and on and on, on the same subject!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ok, also i am having an arguement with Bob now...He and my son are watching Disney David Crockett right now and there is a movie scene of them riding on "Mike Fink Keelboats" and i said, "oh, i rode on that when i was little" in Disney. Bob thinks i am crazy and hallucinating. I told him there was such a ride. He said, there never was....The ride was situated next to that big white steam boat,(forgot the name and the Haunted Mansion) Now, am i right or am i right??? I need your support so i can win my arugement here!!!

MEN!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and also Mark, HELP SANDRA TOO!!! poor woman!!! or i send her an e mail to pack only walmart bags in your suitcase!!!!!

Bmwdsny said:
Ok, also i am having an arguement with Bob now...He and my son are watching Disney David Crockett right now and there is a movie scene of them riding on "Mike Fink Keelboats" and i said, "oh, i rode on that when i was little" in Disney. Bob thinks i am crazy and hallucinating. I told him there was such a ride. He said, there never was....The ride was situated next to that big white steam boat,(forgot the name and the Haunted Mansion) Now, am i right or am i right??? I need your support so i can win my arugement here!!!

MEN!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are right Mel. There is a ride (or at least was the first few times I went to DL in the late 90s.). From Mouseketrips: "Frontierland: Splash Mountain, Walt Disney World Railroad, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Raft to Tom Sawyers Island, Mike Finn Keelboats, Country Bear Jamboree". Can't find it on the DL website, but when you search for Mike Finn, it comes up with Tom Sawyers Island.

THE WOMEN ARE RIGHT AGAIN!!!

Just got back from Disney on Ice Beauty and the Beast. It was really good! We were in the fifth row from the corner of the ice. The skaters used the corner to jump on and sing or talk to the crowd. Mrs. Potts sings Beauty and the Beast from there at the end. We had a great time! Now I'll have to get back to work on my winter photos! Need to win Mickey hands!!

Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter