• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a great link for all of the women in the group. You can easily pack all of these items in a suitcase and have a TON of room left over.

<a href="http://www.goddessofgarbage.com/archive/october.html">How to make a formal dress on a budget.</a>

lovely, just lovely.

I am sticking with what I have. No garbage bags needed.

No way ! I'm going to hold off shopping til the spring - and figure on two formal nights & two semi-formal (plus the purchase of an additional garmet bag for all the clothes :flower1: )

To enter into the upgrade debate for the cruise -- I'm using All Seas (Sandie), and did the opposite - When I booked in the afternoon - they only had Cat 5's available. A week later they had some Cat 6's (but by then they switched to the GTY). Since I originally wanted a Cat 6 - Chuck the owner switched me down to it -- and made the comment that DCL was holding the pricing structure based on the prevailing rate when you booked your cruise. So when I downgraded I got a price reduction vs. an increase (since the prices had gone up already).

And speaking of vouchers -- I had one from the hurricane cruises - and got DCL to bend a little on it after a couple of emails. They stuck to the 25% off seven night cruise but allowed me to apply that credit towards this cruise. Sandie at All Seas did the follow up to make sure they put it through.

Erica

Grumbo said:
Which war was that Bob?
Bet it was hot as heck at the Alamo
He was too old to serve at the Alamo!! He was busy fightin' those darn Johnny Rebs!!
Here's a shot of Bob's company during a break in the action.
civil_war.jpg

We are currently on main dinning, but following our recent cruise have decided that we are now able to make the 'leap' to late dinner. I know that main dinner is in demand and wondered if anyone wanted a heads up - not sure if it is easy to do to swap....

Lorraine

We've got a group of 14 so far that will be flying together on MONDAY Sept 5, 2005 (2 days after we disembark).

I've looked into group airfare and we can do a group with United for $137.70 per person ... leaves Orlando at 7:40am (yawn) and arrives LAX at 9:43am.

If any fellow fools would like to join us please PM or email me ASAP so I can include you in the group (will be calling United in the next couple of days to get it finalized).

:cool1: :earboy2: :cool1:

And speaking of vouchers -- I had one from the hurricane cruises - and got DCL to bend a little on it after a couple of emails. They stuck to the 25% off seven night cruise but allowed me to apply that credit towards this cruise. Sandie at All Seas did the follow up to make sure they put it through.

Erica[/QUOTE]

Good for you! :cheer2:

Grumbo said:
Janet I don't care if you're flying First Class or not. You're only allowed so much luggage on that plane. Get a reversible Tilley outfit. Good for all occassions ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Don't forget, I can use DD's allotment!

She can have the Garbage Bag Dress and the Tilley Outfit!LOL

Scratch
pirate:

Gee, Everyone is linking with everyone!!

Early Dining Seating Linked-Reservation List-EAYOR

Bmwdsny (6)
Mississaugamom/piglet33 (8)
Carolsherman (3)
Izzinmac/Gassmandy (5)
Winnyis (4)
Mark & Sandra (6)
Denine (3)
Ivanova (21) or (23)
Tigger24/DCLDreamer (10)
Sandygirl (3)
Buckaroo's Dad (3)
Scratch42 (2)
Grumbo/Jazzman/DeniseW (11)
Luv2Dream (3)

Total: 88/90 people

Lorraine said:
We are currently on main dinning, but following our recent cruise have decided that we are now able to make the 'leap' to late dinner. I know that main dinner is in demand and wondered if anyone wanted a heads up - not sure if it is easy to do to swap....

Lorraine

My daughter Gassmandy is a group of three trying to join us at main dining. She is waitlisted through Dreams Unlimited and linked to our ressie. Don't know if it is possible, but I called her so if you want to PM her maybe you two can work something out.
Bob

Bob as a resident near the Port, can you suggest a decent place to eat near Ron Jon's resort? We'll be there Friday the 14th and I'm not familiar with many of the local places...(In other words-What's Mary cooking for dinner Friday night??)...Mark

izzinmac said:
My daughter Gassmandy is a group of three trying to join us at main dining. She is waitlisted through Dreams Unlimited and linked to our ressie.
Bob, are you sure she booked onto the right cruise?? I've noticed her attention to details have waned!!...Mark

Hey Mark,

no chance she messed this one up! Believe me, i've checked and rechecked...but to no avail. I can't slip away from her no matter how hard I try!!

Regarding dining near Ron Jon's...we don't go there much. Mary told me she's planning Gator Tail and Possum that night! Seriously, we have eaten at Grill's along the ship channel. It's relatively cheap seafood and burgers, etc. with a very casual atmosphere. Pretty lively on weekends, especially if the weather is good. Has a large outside bar area overlooking the water. Food is nothing spectacular, but a lot of folks like it.

Atlantic Ocean Grill is right on the pier in cocoa Beach, and supposed to be good. If you want upscale, The Mango Tree is excellent, dressy for this area, and pricy.

Two options if you want to drive some. Vero Disney is a very scenic drive from Cocoa about 1 hour south on A1A, and has two nice places to eat..one fairly casual and a smaller upscale one. Also if you have never seen the resort it is fun to roam around.

Going the other way north on US1 is Verandah Man's favorite place Dixie Crossroads. Reasonable, very popular, and very fresh, simply prepared seafood, especially shrimp.

If you head west on 520 out of Cocoa Beach to Merrit Island, you can find all the regulars - Outback, Carrabas, Applebees, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc. A zillion places of all shapes and sizes in Cocoa Beach!! Very casual.

As a visitor on vacation, I think my first choice would be Disney Vero...only drawback is drive time!

Hope this helps
Bob

Bob, thanks for the info. We'll pass on dinner, what time do you keep the pool open till? After our hotel closes the pool, maybe we'll head over to your place!!
Where is Grill's located? Last time we cruised we stayed at the Radisson. Is Ron Jon's easy to get to from there?? Any idea on the weather next week?? Weather.com says rain, but we all know how accurate they are!!...mark

winotracy said:
With some of the people (loonyheads) on this list, I don't know if this event would be appropriate for anyone impressionable, Denine, if you know what I mean.

I understand completely!

mark & sandra said:
kmiles I got this off the other repo thread. There is a winery in St. Pete, maybe you could bring a wine from there for your contribution.
http://www.floridawine.com/introduction.htm

WELCOME TO FLORIDA'S MOST UNIQUE WINERY
AND TASTING ADVENTURE!

Key Lime, Mango, Pink Grapefruit and 25 other fine
Florida Citrus and Tropical Wines

Florida Orange Groves Inc and Winery is a family owned business that had it's beginnings in shipping and packing fresh citrus in the early 1970's in St. Petersburg, Florida. Our location eventually grew to include retail sales of fresh squeezed juice and a gift shop.

Armed with determination and a dream reminiscent of many Florida pioneers, the Shook family started development of their unique wines in 1991. Realizing the importance of striving for exceptional quality, the winery opened its doors in September of 1997 - only after the secrets of making exceptional wine from fruit other than grapes had been discovered. Producing Florida's only ultra-premium citrus and berry wines, we are proud to say that our wines are the only Florida wines allowed to display the Florida Department of Citrus' official mark of superior quality - the Florida Sunshine Tree.

We are licensed as manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of fine wine and premium wine products. All of our premium specialty citrus wines are made 100% from pure Florida Citrus Juice. It can take upwards of nine pounds of citrus fruit to give us enough juice for just one bottle of our Orange Sunshine, Grapefruit, or Tangerine wine. Using a special process of fermentation, aging and bottling we produce true to the flavor wines without any artificial flavorings.

As Pinellas County's first and only winery we were recently the subject of an article in the St. Petersburg Times newspaper. Food critic Mr. Chris Sherman gave the winery and it's products glowing reviews and stated that he wanted to "share the news of the breakthrough in fruit wine quality."

The winery is open for tasting and tours Monday through Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Sunday hours are from 12:30 PM to 5:00 PM. We look forward to seeing you then.

They actually have some of these wines at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. The cocopolada wine is really good!

Sounds like most of you are early birds. Makes me wonder if my girls and I will be late loners. Anyone else dining late? We are 5 with ages 12,10,8 and one old fart besides me. Carla

winotracy said:
With some of the people (loonyheads) on this list, I don't know if this event would be appropriate for anyone impressionable, Denine, if you know what I mean.

Denine said:
I understand completely!
Now, now Denine, I think it's very irresponsible of you to talk about Grumbo and Jazzman that way!!...Mark

Grills is right in the port area on the sout side of the channel, and RonJons is pretty much due eat of there near Jetty Park. Radissons is a little farther to the south. Dave has an excellent set of maps showing the whole area. Here is a link to the port area showing all three places. http://www.dcltribute.com/maps/cc.htm

His site is really helpful for port info.

Regarding weather...it looks like you are going to have to hear the locals tell you, "you shoulda been here last week. It was beautiful" We've had a streak of perfect days since right after Christmas. High 70s to 80 and no rain and low humidity. Looks like it will change about Thursday, but not drastically. Temps down a little, and rain chances up. Friday looks tolerable..may get a lot of rain for sailaway. Probably want an alternate inside location for any dismeet plans.

Sorry. Good thing about the weather..can always change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter