August 2011

Hey Lizzy!!! :goodvibes

I'll join in!!! :) I don't have an official ticker yet because we not exactly certain of our dates but we are PLANNING on being at the POLY :banana: August 24-Sept 1 2011 for our youngest DD's 8th birthday!!! :cool1: We are waiting on a really GREAT RO code to come out!!! :cloud9:

Yay! We get to plan together again!

We will be there from August 23rd thru August 31st we decided to give Pop a rest and see how the kids like Carribean Beach Resort they begged to try it! I'm quite content at Pop ! :)

We will be there from August 23rd thru August 31st we decided to give Pop a rest and see how the kids like Carribean Beach Resort they begged to try it! I'm quite content at Pop ! :)

We enjoy Pop too but it is nice to try something new. Are you going for the Pirate themed room?

Welcome! You are crazy!:rotfl: I don't think I could handle being in a cabin with my parents and sister!

What dates are you going?

Whoops! We're going Aug 19-26...sneaking in a trip before DS starts second grade!

We all ended up in the cabins because my parents are frugal....when it comes to lodging, anyway. They have no problems paying for good food, however:confused3!

We definitely cant wait til our Disney vacation but it seems so far off!!!August 19th to September 2nd at Caribbean beach for my daughters 16th birthday!!!

Whoops! We're going Aug 19-26...sneaking in a trip before DS starts second grade!

We all ended up in the cabins because my parents are frugal....when it comes to lodging, anyway. They have no problems paying for good food, however:confused3!

Well a trip to Disney is better than no trip at all :)

We definitely cant wait til our Disney vacation but it seems so far off!!!August 19th to September 2nd at Caribbean beach for my daughters 16th birthday!!!

Welcome! How awesome for your daughter!

Hi All!
Count me in :banana::banana:

We booked AKL Aug 20-31 for Free Dining and I am just SOOOO excited.
I told my husband we will have to be on a bit of a budget this winter but it will be so worth it!!
My DD7 is so happy to be staying at a place with animals, I will admit I am a little nervous b/c we love CBR so I am hoping AKL will meet our expectations. We have never stayed at a Deluxe before. But we are pretty low key people.
As long as we get to MK everything will be ok.

Thanks for listening !!!!!

Glad to celebrate with all of you :cool1:

Hi All!

We must be crazy, but we're going in August! :sad2:What's even worse than that? My parents are coming with us, and my DS(6) has convinced us to all get a cabin at FW together!:scared1: Not only that, but, my sister lives with us, and is coming too - that means we're going to have 5 adults and 1 child jammed into that little cabin! My parents will share the room with my DS and DSis, while DH and I take the Murphy bed...it will be tight, but going to the cabin allows us to upgrade from Free to DxDP...less planning stress for me!:thumbsup2

Think of all the positives of the vacation (which I am sure you have)
Will it be crowded - yes (we've done it) but it won't be as bad as you think. The biggest downfall is one bathroom. But other than that I think you will be surprised!

Think of all the positives of the vacation (which I am sure you have)
Will it be crowded - yes (we've done it) but it won't be as bad as you think. The biggest downfall is one bathroom. But other than that I think you will be surprised!

We did an August trip with DH's family a 3 years ago, so we know what we're up against:rolleyes1. Hey, if nothing else, Fort Wilderness is shady, right? Besides, I've always wanted to see the Hoop-de-Doo, and this will be the perfect opportunity for that!:hippie:

Updated the list!

Wow! Our group is really growing and we are still over 11mths away:)

Question....

How are the crowds in late August?

Last year, the hubs and I went from Sept. 12-19 and it wasn't too bad. I'm hoping that in late August, enough kids have already gone back to school that it won't be *too* bad.

Question....

Last year, the hubs and I went from Sept. 12-19 and it wasn't too bad. I'm hoping that in late August, enough kids have already gone back to school that it won't be *too* bad.

I'm not really sure... haven't been in August but since the kids are usually in school by then (in the US at least) I would think it shouldn't be too busy

I haven't even had my 2010 Disney vacation yet! But I've already booked Aug 27- Sept 5 2011. It will be my DD 6 birthday surprise. I am not telling any of my kids until I wake them up that morning to get dressed and leave.

Question....

It's no worse than any other time of the year . Sometimes theres long lines sometimes not it really varies but I find it to be do able we've been going late august into september the last 4yrs ! Down South florida, carolinas etc... the kids are back in school by then! We live in South Jersey our kids do not go back until Sept 7th ish give or take a few days ! It's always the Tuesday after labor day our kids go back.

We just returned on Sept. 5 after 2 fabulous weeks at WDW. Crowd levels were really low and most rides didn't have a wait time longer than 10 minutes. We are now booked at POFQ for Aug. 21 - Sept. 2, 2011. It will be here before we know it - at least that is what I keep telling myself!!!:goodvibes

We just returned on Sept. 5 after 2 fabulous weeks at WDW. Crowd levels were really low and most rides didn't have a wait time longer than 10 minutes. We are now booked at POFQ for Aug. 21 - Sept. 2, 2011. It will be here before we know it - at least that is what I keep telling myself!!!:goodvibes

Welcome! Good to hear that the crowd levels were low... hoping it holds true for next yr!

Is it bad that I am obsessed with being on DIS boards and I still have 11mths until our vacation???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter