• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*August 2019 check in*

Lol I love it! I think I spent the most time before both of my previous family trips deciding on & shopping for matching and coordinating outfits for my girls. Not only is it great for keeping track of them in the parks, but it’s nice for all the pics I take too!

This trip is just me, so not nearly as much to pack - but I am already planning my outfit(s) for each day. I’ve been on an Etsy kick lately for fun tanks & tees!

I splurged on new luggage (it was time) and now we’ve got two giant suitcases so I can bring everything but the kitchen sink if I want.

View attachment 415373
Super! Congratulations on the purchase.
We got these purple polka dots luggage a decade ago. They can be spotted from very far in an airport! But DDs, now teen/tween are asking when we can change them... I wonder if I could convince them to get something like yours?!
0DD64043-6AEC-48A3-B186-491A6CC5DF33.jpeg

Now that the schedule is out for our touring dates, August 15-17, I have a quick question. I am staying at a GNH (offsite) and have 3 days w/ PH and MaxPass tickets. That means that I am not eligible for EMH but that I can go to one Magic Morning at Disneyland. Would you recommend that we go for one hour on Thursday or two hours on Saturday? We will probably want to attempt Star Wars. TIA

This may be good news and a good sign for those who were worried about the Haunted Mansion and Hyperspace Mountain's operation status after the 19th of August. I checked their operation schedule this morning and both attractions are showing hours as of August 20th... I can only imagine that both will remain on-line until the D23 Expo is over, then again, I could be wrong. Just a hunch!

We just decided to put together a last minute weekend trip for my husband's 52nd Birthday!! :bday:
Friday Aug. 9th thru Sunday Aug. 11th mostly due to the AP promo bring along somebody (my son) for $99 one day park hopper!! :thumbsup2
Although I have a question: Why are the Extra Magic Hours for SAT & SUN reversed for that weekend as I checked on the website? EMH Sat is IN DCA .......EMH Sun IN DLR PLUS starts LATE morning 9 AM????
Did I READ it WRONG???? We are OFF site Friday the 9th but staying ON site the 10th AND should be able to use Check IN EMH as well as Check out EMH . :teacher:

Will this schedule change once more by the time we visit ? I will check website NOW just in case I read it wrong.

Thanks to any or everyone!!! :-)

Although I have a question: Why are the Extra Magic Hours for SAT & SUN reversed for that weekend as I checked on the website? EMH Sat is IN DCA .......EMH Sun IN DLR PLUS starts LATE morning 9 AM????
Did I READ it WRONG???? We are OFF site Friday the 9th but staying ON site the 10th AND should be able to use Check IN EMH as well as Check out EMH . :teacher:

Will this schedule change once more by the time we visit ? I will check website NOW just in case I read it wrong.

Thanks to any or everyone!!! :-)
I had this question as well; it is due to the CHOC walk on Sunday

I do the same thing with clothing. Breakfast with minnie? Better wear a Minnie outfit. Doing BBB and visiting princesses? Kids get princessed out and I need to put on a matching tank. Oh and all 4 kids plus Mom need to coordinate and/or match. Also, we cannot reuse outfits from past trips so I can always tell what year the pictures are from based on the outfits. 🤣

This is so me! Unfortunately, I now have a teen son, but at least I can still convince him to wear the same color t-shirt for group photos.

Just out of curiosity (and to compare) I checked the weather in Anaheim. In Anaheim, it's 79, feels like 81, and the low tonight will be 64. In Houston, it is currently 96 and feels like 104. Our LOW tonight (81) will be Anaheim's high. I can't wait for a week of lovely weather.

Just out of curiosity (and to compare) I checked the weather in Anaheim. In Anaheim, it's 79, feels like 81, and the low tonight will be 64. In Houston, it is currently 96 and feels like 104. Our LOW tonight (81) will be Anaheim's high. I can't wait for a week of lovely weather.
Here in Seattle it is 72 but feels like 68 and raining. I haven’t even worn shorts this summer yet. I can’t wait for some warmer weather!

This is so me! Unfortunately, I now have a teen son, but at least I can still convince him to wear the same color t-shirt for group photos.

I bought this white shirt with black dots and my girls told me I looked like Minnie so now I’m supposed to get a red bow. I guess I can where it for our Minnie breakfast. Lol. Both of my girls are into Disney Bounding.

Here in Seattle it is 72 but feels like 68 and raining. I haven’t even worn shorts this summer yet. I can’t wait for some warmer weather!
I can't wait either, we are not far from you on Vancouver Island and it is raining and grey. I need to see the sun!!!

So we were hoping to do Walk in Walt's footsteps on our trip nut I noticed there haven't been times available for it for August. I called to see about it and all the CM could say is they don't have any tours available. That's weird right?

So we were hoping to do Walk in Walt's footsteps on our trip nut I noticed there haven't been times available for it for August. I called to see about it and all the CM could say is they don't have any tours available. That's weird right?

That does seem weird, we did it last trip in later August.. The difference in planning Disneyland and world can be so frustrating lol In some ways it is nice to be able to have more flexibility in land but the not knowing about parade times or closure etc can be hard.

Same here! I’m down in the Puyallup area, and waiting for summer to kick in. All this grey & rain is bumming me out! We get enough of that the rest of the year.

Seems very weird.

We did the tour last Aug. I called at 7a Pacific on the 30 day mark and was able to get it. I would keep calling back everyday in case they open up to be safe.

I would bet there are less tours being offered in August due to the low crowds. I just saw a post earlier about Disneyland freezing their hiring, reducing operating hours, reducing staff and instructing managers to cut costs. Maybe there will be more tours after the AP blockout is lifted on August 19th.

My packing list is insane. Or really I’m just insane. I even plan my outfits with what we’re doing each day. Like oh gee we might meet Captain America this day I better wear my Marvel tank. 😂

I always overpack hence the giant two suitcases for just me and my son to share!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this! I am jealous of all the new suitcases. Mine are so old- they were a graduation gift from high school, and I'm now 41. My husband just had a cloth duffle bag when we got married, and we've never bought anything else. I really need to upgrade. But now I know what suitcases I will buy when mine are totally dead- they have held up amazingly well.

Anyway, I've been spending my cash on new clothes, new shoes, and packing cubes instead. And of course, it's a wardrobe to match what we're doing each day- haha! I've also been watching videos of Marie Kondo packing bags, so I can practice squeezing it all in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter