August PTR-Are you crazy going in that heat?!?!?!

SweetMommy

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone.........This is my first venture into a PTR of any kind. I love reading other PTRs and TRs so I figured I'd take a stab at doing this myself. I guess I will start this off w/ our cast of characters.....

There is me, Audrey and I am 27 yrs old. I went to Disney for the 1st time when I was about 8 or 9yrs old w/ an aunt, uncle and cousin. Sadly I don't remember much from that trip at all :( Ever since my DBF and I decided we were gonna take my son the 1st time in Dec 09, I've been Disney obsessed!

101_0652.jpg

This is me and my son at our 1st character breakfast.

Then there is my DS9.....we will call him Stitch for this report.........he loves Stitch and is so excited to have breakfast at Ohana so he can meet him!!!!!!!
101_0941.jpg

This is one of my favorite pics of our whole trip!

And then there is my amazing DBF who is 25. He is equally obsessed!!! Thank god b/c there is nothing better than sharing our crazy ideas or complete fascination w/ something! He actually had been to Disney quite a bit as a kid, but hadn't been in probably 10 yrs or so.

101_0772.jpg

Here he is w/ my son being goofy as usual!

So right after we got back in December we knew we wanted to go back, like in 2010! We had stayed at Pop and it was awesome! But after eating at Cape May at the Beach Club, I was in love:lovestruc Also while we were there in Dec we attended MVMCP:santa: We thought it was good, but nothing amazing. So our original plan for 2010 was to go to the World in Sept/Oct (around the time of my DBF's bday) and to attend MNSSHPpirate: which from reading on the Dis, is the amazing I was looking for at MVMCP. So we initially booked a week at the Beach Club.

Somewhere in all this talk, DBF joked that we could stay at Pop for 2 weeks at the price we were paying for BC. :idea:

Duh........of course I'd love to go on vacation for 2 weeks!!!!! Only problem, can't take my son out of school for that long which is how we ended up booking for the last 2 weeks of August at Pop. 8/16-8/30. Here in MA we don't go back to school that early thankfully. Stitch will go back to school on Sept 7. So he'll have a week to recover, as for me, I return to work on Sept 1st.

So no bday trip or MNSSHP, but 2 weeks works for me!!!! :cloud9:

We are flying out of Providence at 7am on the 16th. I love being able to take such an early flight so we don't lose out on any time I could spend in my most favorite place! We know that our room will most likely not be ready. We have paid for a preferred room as well. In Dec we stayed in the 70s preferred and loved every minute of it. We did request the 60s:hippie: this time, but I'll take whatever really.

Have to finish up some housework and grab some lunch, so I'll end this for now. Next up I'll talk about what we plan on doing for Day 1! :laundy:

I must add we are on the DxDDP. We figure it will be a nice break to have a couple of TS meals a day to cool off. And w/ 14 days, I'm looking forward to eating at a ton of delicious places including 3 signature restaurants!

Arrival Day

August 16th is our arrival day. We should land at MCO around 9:55am! We will be taking Magical Express to POP! Hopefully we won't have to wait forever for a room. Yes I know the rooms aren't technically supposed to be ready until 3pm, but a girl can wish right?pixiedust: The plan is to spend the majority of the day exploring, swimming and just taking in all the scenery. We didn't do much of this at all when we were there in December. Oh, we can't forgot to grab some lunch at the Everything Pop Food Court!:woohoo: I think this is my DBF's favorite place to eat.

The only thing planned for the day is our first venture into signature dining. We have 7:30pm reservations at Narcoossee's. Our first night in December was spent at Grand Floridian for our dinner at 1900 Park Fare. We took the :boat: over from the Magic Kingdom and I just loved the location of Narcoossee's. Not to mention the menu sounds great. So there was no way I was not going to be eating here this trip. And I love the GF. It is definitely one of my must do resorts in the future. So back to Narcoossee's...........I can say w/ most certainty that I will be having the whole Maine lobster as my entree. I love lobster and I love it even more when everything is done for me!

So day 1 is not all that adventurous, but more relaxing. Day 2 is when the park hopping begins :cool1:

Hi Audrey!

Congrats on the 2 week trip! We will also be staying at Pop the end of August - 20th to the 29th! Great start to your PTR!

That is nice that your first day will just be arriving and relaxing, then a nice dinner! Rest up for your next busy day!

Looking forward ot reading more of your plans!

Hi! I'm in!

We stayed at POP last year and loved it, too! It's the only value that I was really, really impressed with!

That sounds like a GREAT first day to me!! We'll be going straight to a park after we check in. No down time for us this trip. Eerp!

Hey Audrey! No, you're NOT crazy for going in August at all!

You're family will be arriving there one day before I get there! It would be lovely if we could meet up. I'm a HUUUUGE Stitch fan too. I have at least....FOUR Stitch dolls!~ And I hope to add another one to my collection soon (Disney just came out with a Stitch with SOFT ears!) Also, WDW sells that GIANT Stitch plushie I've been wanting since my first trip back in 2006. :stitch:

Don't know if you'll be interested, but a bunch of us are planning a Dismeet on Aug.20 for the MK eve EMH at the PotC ride. You should think about joining us!

And ofcourse, I'm so coming along on this ride. :thumbsup2

Btw, I LOVE your DS9's face make-up. That's just awesome.

I'm in too...we will be there the same time as you, though unfortunately not as long as you! We went in August last year, and while it was HOT, there were hardly any crowds the last week in August. We are also doing Deluxe dining...we did it last year too and loved it!

Hi Audrey!

Congrats on the 2 week trip! We will also be staying at Pop the end of August - 20th to the 29th! Great start to your PTR!

That is nice that your first day will just be arriving and relaxing, then a nice dinner! Rest up for your next busy day!

Looking forward ot reading more of your plans!

Thank you sooo much for taking the time to read, I didn't think anyone was going to lol

Hi! I'm in!

We stayed at POP last year and loved it, too! It's the only value that I was really, really impressed with!

That sounds like a GREAT first day to me!! We'll be going straight to a park after we check in. No down time for us this trip. Eerp!

Thanx for joining! I feel so fortunate to be able to have the 2 weeks there so we can also just relax somewhat, b/c we all know, relaxing at Disney is somewhat of a crazy though :lmao:

Hey Audrey! No, you're NOT crazy for going in August at all!

You're family will be arriving there one day before I get there! It would be lovely if we could meet up. I'm a HUUUUGE Stitch fan too. I have at least....FOUR Stitch dolls!~ And I hope to add another one to my collection soon (Disney just came out with a Stitch with SOFT ears!) Also, WDW sells that GIANT Stitch plushie I've been wanting since my first trip back in 2006. :stitch:

Don't know if you'll be interested, but a bunch of us are planning a Dismeet on Aug.20 for the MK eve EMH at the PotC ride. You should think about joining us!

And ofcourse, I'm so coming along on this ride. :thumbsup2

Btw, I LOVE your DS9's face make-up. That's just awesome.

I keep trying to explain to people that the heat is going to be crazy and I get it, but we live in MA and it can get insanely hot here too so I'll just be prepared. It would be great to meet up if it works into our schedules :) I would love to be apart of a Dismeet. We do plan on being at MK for EMH that night. What time will it be at? We are doing the Pirates and Pals cruise first then we will be over. Thanx for the compliment on my son's makeup, he got such great compliments from all sorts of other people that day!

I'm in too...we will be there the same time as you, though unfortunately not as long as you! We went in August last year, and while it was HOT, there were hardly any crowds the last week in August. We are also doing Deluxe dining...we did it last year too and loved it!

Thanx so much for stopping by :banana:

I keep trying to explain to people that the heat is going to be crazy and I get it, but we live in MA and it can get insanely hot here too so I'll just be prepared. It would be great to meet up if it works into our schedules :) I would love to be apart of a Dismeet. We do plan on being at MK for EMH that night. What time will it be at? We are doing the Pirates and Pals cruise first then we will be over. Thanx for the compliment on my son's makeup, he got such great compliments from all sorts of other people that day!

I'm actually a big fan of the heat, since I come from all the way up North. It DOES get hot over here, but not for as long as I'd like.

We haven't thought of a time yet. I'm considering making a thread over on the DisMeet board. I'll let you know when I do! We're planning to go on PotC, then getting a Dole Whip :thumbsup2

I just started a thread about it. The link is in my siggie. Please come take a look!

So we are moving on along to day 2. My goal is to make rope drop at Magic Kingdom for emh at 8am. We've never made a rope drop before so this will be new and exciting :yay: The goal is to hit the emh rides that appeal to us and then hit some more until lunch at 11:35am at Liberty Tree Tavern. This is another first and I'm really excited. I can tell you I will probably have the Tavern's fried cheese for an appy and the Pilgrim's Feast as my entree. I will definitely have the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake for dessert! I hope ordering will be this easy for my DBF and Stitch :lmao: If we have any fast passes left we will use them after lunch. We will then head back to Pop for some fun in the sun at the pool.

So after the pool and relaxing we will get ready to head to EPCOT for dinner at Coral Reef at 6:45pm. Not sure what I'll get for an appetizer (maybe the Creamy Lobster Soup) but will probably have the Seared Chicken Breast as an entree. Dessert is up in the air as well. After dinner my goal is to head over to France and grab a yummy alcoholic slushie to enjoy while watching Illuminations for the first time! :cloud9: That just sounds like a good plan, doesn't it?

After Illuminations I want to head over to Japan and see if just maybe they will still be doing Pick A Pearl. My DBF bought me one of those Cinderella Coach cage pendants. So even if I don't get it done this night, we have quite a bit more time at EPCOT and I will eventually get it done.

Then we will head over to Future World to hit some of the emh rides. I'm sure we will throw some shopping into this whole day and pin trading which Stitch is into.

So Day 2 is done and soon we will venture into the plans for Day 3.

Hey there!

Awesome trip report. Stitch is so cute! I love the Dalmatians face painting, I would so get my face painted at Disney!

Can't wait to read more :)

Yay for another August PTR! We went on our first summer trip last August (after we swore we'd never go during the summer) and it wasn't that bad. Yeah, it was hot but very doable. Just have to take lots of breaks. I'm going to be there the 8-14 with my sisters. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Hey there!

Awesome trip report. Stitch is so cute! I love the Dalmatians face painting, I would so get my face painted at Disney!

Can't wait to read more :)

Thank you so much for joining :) I never thought my son would enjoy having his face painted especially since it usually starts to itch if it is warm out. But he was a trooper for the most part. And I will have to let Stitch know that even months after our trip, his face painting still is a hit! :yay:

Yay for another August PTR! We went on our first summer trip last August (after we swore we'd never go during the summer) and it wasn't that bad. Yeah, it was hot but very doable. Just have to take lots of breaks. I'm going to be there the 8-14 with my sisters. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Thanx for stopping by......I'm actually subscribed to your April TR. I'm a big time lurker.

I figure I will learn to live w/ the heat for the ultimate vacation! :banana: We have tons of breaks planned, so we should be fine..............hopefully :laughing:

:cutie:
So we are moving on along to day 2. My goal is to make rope drop at Magic Kingdom for emh at 8am. We've never made a rope drop before so this will be new and exciting :yay: The goal is to hit the emh rides that appeal to us and then hit some more until lunch at 11:35am at Liberty Tree Tavern. This is another first and I'm really excited. I can tell you I will probably have the Tavern's fried cheese for an appy and the Pilgrim's Feast as my entree. I will definitely have the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake for dessert! I hope ordering will be this easy for my DBF and Stitch :lmao: If we have any fast passes left we will use them after lunch. We will then head back to Pop for some fun in the sun at the pool.

So after the pool and relaxing we will get ready to head to EPCOT for dinner at Coral Reef at 6:45pm. Not sure what I'll get for an appetizer (maybe the Creamy Lobster Soup) but will probably have the Seared Chicken Breast as an entree. Dessert is up in the air as well. After dinner my goal is to head over to France and grab a yummy alcoholic slushie to enjoy while watching Illuminations for the first time! :cloud9: That just sounds like a good plan, doesn't it?

After Illuminations I want to head over to Japan and see if just maybe they will still be doing Pick A Pearl. My DBF bought me one of those Cinderella Coach cage pendants. So even if I don't get it done this night, we have quite a bit more time at EPCOT and I will eventually get it done.

Then we will head over to Future World to hit some of the emh rides. I'm sure we will throw some shopping into this whole day and pin trading which Stitch is into.

So Day 2 is done and soon we will venture into the plans for Day 3.

If you get there for rope drop, you should be able to walk onto everything! We went to Magic Kingdom on Aug. 25 last year, and walked onto Splash Mountain three times in a row, had a 5 min. wait for BTMRR, walked onto Jungle Cruise, walked onto POTC, walked onto basically everything other than Peter Pan's Flight, which we skipped that day because of the long line. The French alcoholic slushies are sooo good. I tried both and like the orange one better. I also did pick-a-pearl and am very happy with my necklace

:cutie:

If you get there for rope drop, you should be able to walk onto everything! We went to Magic Kingdom on Aug. 25 last year, and walked onto Splash Mountain three times in a row, had a 5 min. wait for BTMRR, walked onto Jungle Cruise, walked onto POTC, walked onto basically everything other than Peter Pan's Flight, which we skipped that day because of the long line. The French alcoholic slushies are sooo good. I tried both and like the orange one better. I also did pick-a-pearl and am very happy with my necklace

Well thank you very much for giving me hope that I will be able to ride everything...........twice :rotfl: I will definitely be trying both slushies but think I will end up liking the orange one better as well. Although I am a huge lover of the Grey Goose!

Since you'll be at MK for EMH, you'll be missing the Rope drop ceremony at 9am.

I'll be there at Epcot for EMH as well! Maybe we'll bump into each other!

Since you'll be at MK for EMH, you'll be missing the Rope drop ceremony at 9am.

I'll be there at Epcot for EMH as well! Maybe we'll bump into each other!

From all that I've read here on the Dis that if there is an early EMH, then rope drop ceremonies are at that opening time, in this case 8. I could be wrong, I just thought that is what I had been reading.

And I think we could be bumping into each other a lot :)

Crazy loves company so here we are!

We are going just before school starts too!! Were very anxious about the August heat thing then thought....why not? Airfare is decent, 1/2 the country is back in school and it is hot everywhere in the summer so why not be hot in a place we love?

We will be there most of the same time but do not go down until the 22nd as the kids are in a camp show the 20th. So excited to find your TR......just started posting on mine again can't wait to compare plans:) always get great ideas from other excited Disney fans like you!

Crazy loves company so here we are!

We are going just before school starts too!! Were very anxious about the August heat thing then thought....why not? Airfare is decent, 1/2 the country is back in school and it is hot everywhere in the summer so why not be hot in a place we love?

We will be there most of the same time but do not go down until the 22nd as the kids are in a camp show the 20th. So excited to find your TR......just started posting on mine again can't wait to compare plans:) always get great ideas from other excited Disney fans like you!

Thank you so much for stopping by :) I am subscribed to about 20 TRs and dining reports.............I swear that is how I am learning everything I need to know about Disney! So my DBF kept suggesting I do a PTR and finally I said "why not?"

I hope there aren't too many other crazies like us! :laughing:

So I mentioned in a previous post that we would be dining at 3 signature restaurants. Originally back in February when I made all my ADRs they were Narcoossee's, Jiko and California Grill. Over time I kept questioning Jiko b/c The only thing on the whole menu I knew my DBF and I would eat would be the filet. None of the appetizers nor desserts looked appealing. So I went in search of another option. Now you have to understand that anywhere I want to dine, I have to make sure first that the kid's menu will satisfy my son's eating habits which are not that diverse. So I came up w/ Citricos. It was a hit for him and I figured my DBF and I would find something. Well allears just updated their menu for Citricos in May and there was no longer anything my son would eat listed. And the more I looked at the adult menu, the more weary I became. Soooooooo, I canceled it this morning. And in it's place I booked Captain's Grille. Was thinking about Yachtsmen, but no such long for the kiddo. I've heard good things about Captain's Grille and the menu looks yummy so I'm excited. And now we picked up another TS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter