August PTR-Are you crazy going in that heat?!?!?!

So I mentioned in a previous post that we would be dining at 3 signature restaurants. Originally back in February when I made all my ADRs they were Narcoossee's, Jiko and California Grill. Over time I kept questioning Jiko b/c The only thing on the whole menu I knew my DBF and I would eat would be the filet. None of the appetizers nor desserts looked appealing. So I went in search of another option. Now you have to understand that anywhere I want to dine, I have to make sure first that the kid's menu will satisfy my son's eating habits which are not that diverse. So I came up w/ Citricos. It was a hit for him and I figured my DBF and I would find something. Well allears just updated their menu for Citricos in May and there was no longer anything my son would eat listed. And the more I looked at the adult menu, the more weary I became. Soooooooo, I canceled it this morning. And in it's place I booked Captain's Grille. Was thinking about Yachtsmen, but no such long for the kiddo. I've heard good things about Captain's Grille and the menu looks yummy so I'm excited. And now we picked up another TS.

Ooh, they all sound really good. We already had two other signature restaurants, so I couldn't do any of these this time, but I definitely want to next time!!

It's too bad about Jiko's. I guess you have to be a bit adventurous for that one, huh?

Captain's Grille sounds like a great choice! I hear the atmosphere is very nice

Sorry I haven't updated lately.........I will try and come back later and finally talk about day 3.

Ok folks, we are now moving on to Day 3.

We are headed to Animal Kingdom where they will have morning EMH at 8am. We will head over to the Safari and hope to see some action. I know w/ the summer heat the animals may be less active, but I'm hoping to give us a leg up by doing it first thing. Then we will head to some of the other emh rides. EE not being one of them. I would like to try it someday, may even hop in the single rider line. But Stitch nor my DBF will join me. On our last trip we didn't do much at AK b/c it was kinda cold and rainy. We managed to see Festival of the Lion King and Nemo the Musical. We also did the Safari. Everything else was left by the wayside. So we have a lot to make up this time around. So our goals for this day (we have AK at least 2 more times) are the Safari, Pangani Trails, Triceratop Spin, Kali River Rapids and Jungle Trek. We have lunch ressies at Yak & Yeti at 11:30am. After lunch if we haven't hit the above we will do those and then head on back to Pop for a siesta.

We don't have an ADR for dinner only b/c we want to hit ESPN. So we will probably head over there for an early dinner around 4:30ish. We will then head to DHS for emh. The goal will be to see The Little Mermaid show. We have the same issues w/ ToT and RnR as w/ EE. I may hit them alone. I think we will do a lot of shopping here :cheer2:

So Day 3 comes to an end and we have an early wake up call on Day 4 so see the big cheese!

Ooh, day 3 sounds packed with excitement with two parks! morning emh at AK is so worth it, since the animals aren't even there after a certain time in the afternoon, even if they have evening emh.

I love the villians store at DHS. Gonna be spending a lot of time there

Sorry this is taking me forever, I clearly need to step up my game on updating.

Well we are now moving on to day 4. This is a very early day for us b/c we are having breakfast at Chef Mickey's at 7:05am! ::MickeyMoWe had dinner w/ Mickey last December and had no intentions of returning. Not that the food was horrible, but it wasn't good. I love breakfast buffets and thought this might be fun. So I threw this one in just a month or 2 ago. After we are done w/ Mickey and the gang, we will be heading to EPCOT for rope drop. We will be part of the mad dash to Soarin. (We more or less stayed away from most of the big attractions last year b/c I was not sure how Stitch would handle them. This year I've prepped him and shown him YouTube video and he is ready to roll!:thumbsup2) Then the plan is to head over to The Seas w/ Nemo and Friends! This was probably the place we spend the most time at in EPCOT last year. I couldn't have been a more proud momma:woohoo: when Crush picked my son to ask him a question. And it was a good one! Stitch asked what it was like living in the EAC? Dude!! I can't wait to go back. If we have time we will then head over to Universe of Energy which is a new to us as well. And then we will try and hit Innoventions before lunch. We are having lunch at Le Cellier at 11:30am. I'm excited to see what all the hype is about! We will then have our usual rest/swim time back at Pop for the afternoon.

We have dinner reservations at Cape May for the clambake at 6:35pm. This was probably one of my favorite places in December. Not only for the food, but we were the family of the day!!!!!!party: Our ADR was for 5:55 I believe but we arrived early like good Disers and checked in before 5:30, the start of dinner service. Chatted w/ the hostess a lil b/c we noticed on her name tag that she was in the college program and was attending the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth which is maybe 30 minutes from where we live. Then we are minding our own business:cool: and looking at the chocolate/gingerbread carousel and our buzzer goes off. I didn't really think anything of it and just went to the podium. The manager was there and informed us that we were chosen to be the family of the day and asked Stitch to ring the bell to let everyone know that dinner was ready! We each got a button saying Family of the Day and got a special table right near the buffet and the desserts. The table even had a real tablecloth on it. If you have eaten at the clambake you know that most tables have paper across it for the kids to color on and probably more so for easy clean up from all the mess cracking those claws makes. Stitch was a little disappointed that he couldn't draw on the table, but he got over it. The food was super good. I've lived in New England my whole life, the Beach Club is like my dream resort!

Anyway, moving on lol After dinner we will head back over to EPCOT for some more emh. We don't have any parks the next morning or early breakfast ADRs so we will probably linger around EPCOT and take in as much as we can. Day 5 has a huge surprise in store for Stitch! pixiedust: Stay tuned......

Turtle Talk with Crush is just the best. And seeing what kind of questions kids come up with is just so cute!

I've never been on UoE either, so it'll b the first time for me too!

The clambake sounds REALLY good. And now that I checked Allears, it's cheaper than Boma's dinner! Now I'm seriously considering it because I would love to go to a seafood buffet.

So Day 5 I think is going to be one of my favorites!pixiedust:

We will sleep in a little bit later than usual......like 8am :rotfl2: We will then head over to DTD. The plan is to have breakfast at WPE. I want to try the corn flake french toast::yes:: We will stick around and do some shopping. We will need a pretty good break in our day so we will head back to Pop around noon. Swimming and napping will be in order. Also some lunch at Everything Pop.

We will be having dinner at Ohana at 5:10pm. We have never been and I am super excited!:woohoo: We will have some time to kill after dinner before our surprise........a Pirate's and Pals Fireworks Voyage!!!pirate: I have somehow managed to keep this a secret from my son for about 5 months now! This is a miracle in itself :rotfl: I'm throwing around 2 ideas for how I am gonna tell him. I'm gonna create an invite of sorts inviting him to meet Captain Hook and Mr. Smee at the CR at the designated time. I am just trying to decide between having it "left" in the room while we are out or trying to have someone at Ohana bring it to him. Either way, he still will not know about the fireworks cruise until we get to the CR. My DBF and I are both excited and can't wait.

After the cruise is over, we will head over to Magic Kingdom EMH until 2am!!!! There is a DisMeet in the works and we are gonna try and meet some of you great people!

Ok so we are moving along on to Day 6. We are not going to the parks today. Our day will be spent at DTD. Sleeping in today may actually reach like 9am :rotfl: I can see us grabbing breakfast at Everything Pop and if not then maybe WPE at DTD. I'm hoping to do some shopping first thing.:yay: We have lunch ressies at T-Rex at 1pm. In December we ate at Rainforest Cafe so this time we thought we'd try T-Rex. My son likes dinosaurs so he is excited.:woohoo: After lunch we will head to Disney Quest for the afternoon. Fortunately I get a discount through my work for these tickets so I can save a little bit of money. I actually need to purchase them soon to make sure they arrive on time. We did not try this out in December but from what I've read, it sounds like it will be a ton of fun. My boys are arcade freaks so I have no doubt Disney Quest will be a hit. Not sure how much time we will spend here? I'm sure it will be at least a couple of hours. But we may wind up w/ some downtime before dinner so that will mean some more shopping:goodvibes Dinner is at 8pm at Fulton's. Never been here before either. We are from MA and love us some good seafood! After dinner we will head back to Pop to get some sleep. (An alternative to the beginning of the day may be swimming some before heading to DTD for lunch. It will depend on the forecast.)

Sunday, August 22...............We have a 9:20am ADR at Ohana. I'm excited for this one b/c my son loves:love: Stitch:stitch:. So this will guarantee (hopefully) that we can meet him and not have to wait in a huge line. I like the idea that this is a family style meal. I do like buffets, but this is nice too.

After breakfast we will head back to Pop. I like having so much time back at the resort. :goodvibes We have an early dinner at Hollywood and Vine at 3:40pm. It is for the Fantasmic dinner package. We did this in December when we probably didn't have to, but I'm sure it is a little more necessary in August. After H&V we will hit some attractions to kill time. Then we will see Fantasmic and be excited that I know how to use my camera in the dark this time :lmao: After Fantasmic will we head back to Pop and probably grab something to eat and maybe do some night swimming.

Day 8

We will be headed to DHS. Our goals for this morning are to see the Beauty and the Beast show and Lights, Motors, Action! We have lunch planned at 11am at Sci-Fi. I used to love going to the drive-in when I was little so that is a big part of the reason I want to try this place out. Today we will only have a short rest back at Pop. Mainly to freshen up and then we will be on our way to AK. I love parades and want to see Mickey's Jammin Jungle one. Up until this point in the trip we are avoiding being in the parks at this time of day b/c of the heat and such, but I want to see this parade and will melt if need be. A good spot is the goal so if anyone has any ideas, send em my way please. After the parade we will stay in AK for the night since they are having an emh. I want to eat dinner before 5 so we can just be ready to hit all the rides and such right away. We've never had counter service here before so where ever we go will be new to us. I think I read here on the Dis that Flametree will be closed for refurb while we are there :sad2: I love bbq. Oh well. EMH is only until 8 so we will be headed back to Pop for some nighttime swimming I'm sure.:yay:

On this morning we have an ADR at The Wave at the Contemporary at 7:30am. We've never been before, but the menu doesn't look that bad so we will let you know how it turns out. After breakfast we will head over to MK. On this day my goal is to explore Toon Town. We spent 2 minutes there last year and I want to devote more time before it's all gone. My son has never been inside Mickey and Minnie's houses and even though he's really too old for it to be super magical, I want him to experience it. So we will hit a couple of must do rides before Toon Town opens and then do all we can in there.
mickeylollipop.gif

We have lunch ressies at Chef Mickey's at 12:45. We did dinner last year and really weren't gonna return, but they added lunch for free dining, so why not? After lunch we will head back to Pop for the ever popular swim time. I want to head over to EPCOT around 5. Explore the WS for a bit and then we have dinner at Biergarten at 7:50. I made this reservation last week. I think it looks interesting and the food looks interesting but am almost positive there will be nothing on this buffet that my son will eat. Well guess what............it's too damn bad. He's 9 yrs old and refuses to try new foods and he is gonna have to start learning. I told him we would grab him something before or after but he's gonna have to make the best of it in the long run. At this point we've probably seen Illuminations at least twice so it will not be a priority to rush through dinner so we can watch. When dinner is through we will explore some more countries and it's an EMH night, so we will hit some rides in FW.

Day 10 will have us starting another morning at Animal Kingdom. For us non-thrill seeking people, the Safari will be first on our list again. After that we will probably do the Pangani trail. I love animals and want to see lots! Depending how successful our first trip on Dinosaur went, we may go for it again this day. What do you do after working up a sweat in Animal Kingdom?? Kali River Rapids of course! We loved the :fish:Nemo Musical in December and will hopefully make time for it again. Lunch will either be some counter service in the park or we will just wait til we get back to Pop for swim time.

Once swim/relaxing time is over, we will head to DHS for our 6:15pm dinner at 50s Prime Time Cafe. This is a first for us. I'm kinda nervous about the antics b/c Stitch can kinda be on the shy side and I'm not sure how he would react to this. Hopefully we can get a server who is in character but not overbearing. After dinner we will stick around DHS and do some shopping and exploring.

This day finds us eating, swimming, shopping and relaxing a lot! We start off our morning at Kona Cafe for breakfast. We dined here in December and it was probably one of my favorites. I had the big Kahuna and boy oh boy were those macadamia nut pancakes fantastic! I love the theme at the Poly and may play amateur photographer a bit after breakfast. Oh, and some shopping. I've just recently decided I want to try and collect a pin from every resort and will start this trip. Lunch will be back at Pop inbetween swimming and relaxing.

Dinner is at 6:40pm at Captain's Grille. Never been. The menu looks decent and brings me over to the Yacht Club which brings me right next door to my dream resort, the Beach Club! If we are not too tired I think we may check out the Boardwalk.

This day sounds really boring! :lmao:

Catching up on your plans! Sounds like you have a busy trip planned, but nice to have lots of downtime at your resort! You are correct, Flame Tree will be closed the end of August (we're there Aug 20-29 and it's closed for us - totally bummed).

I too am really looking forward to Mickey and Minnies houses! I was so hoping we's make it before they removed them for the expansion. I bet your son will still like them, at least you'll get to see them before they're gone. :thumbsup2

I think w/ 19 days to go I need to stop adding/subtracting reservations. This is what we have....

Monday 8/16 (arrival day)
Lunch: Grab something at Pop
Dinner: Narcoossees (new)

Tuesday 8/17
Breakfast: Everything Pop
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern (new)
Dinner: Coral Reef (new)

Wednesday 8/18
Lunch: Yak & Yeti
Dinner: ESPN Club (new)

Thursday 8/19
Lunch: Le Cellier (new)
Dinner: Cape May Cafe Clambake

Friday 8/20
Breakfast: Wolfgang Puck Express (new)
Lunch: Everything Pop
Dinner: Ohana (new)

Saturday 8/21
Lunch: T-Rex (new)
Dinner: Earl of Sandwich (new)

Sunday 8/22
Breakfast: Ohana (new)
Lunch: Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Package
Dinner: Everything Pop

Monday 8/23
Lunch: Sci-Fi (new)
Dinner: Counter Service @ AK

Tuesday 8/24
Breakfast: The Wave (new)
Lunch: Chef Mickey's
Dinner: Biergarten (new)

Wednesday 8/25
Lunch: Whispering Canyon Cafe
Dinner: 50s Prime Time (new)

Thursday 8/26
Breakfast: Kona Cafe
Dinner: Captain's Grille (new)

Friday 8/27
Breakfast: Tusker House
Dinner: Crystal Palace

Saturday 8/28
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Dinner: California Grill (new)

Sunday 8/29
Lunch: Planet Hollywood
Dinner: Counter Service

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter