Aulani Trip report

hitthebids

DVC MEMBER 2000
This is our second visit to our home resort. We were here opening year and forgave a lot of things and even got a refund of some points back. So we were hoping for better. First the two room options leave a lot to be desired. The choices for us this time was take a pool view for 6 nights or an ocean view for 5 nights. Having stayed pool side last time we wanted an ocean view which we got. BUT. The ocean view is partial blocked by the Marriott and it faces the street entrance for the Marriott hotel and truck delivery. We are on the tenth floor and it can get very loud. It is what it is but I am not sure it was worth giving up a nights stay. Also the Disney spa is right below us and you would think that would be quiet and serene but you would be wrong. From up here it is more gym like then spa like. The hotel is beautiful, exceeding even Disney's high standards. The food options, although better are still not at the level of other Disney resorts. I have an extremely picky eater with me and we needed to be really creative for some meals. They just don't offer the staples on other kids menus. The staff is friendly and helpful to a fault but it took me a few days to figure out what was missing from them. Then is dawned on me that the entire staff is very young. It may be due to the demographic here but sometimes age means experience and being able to know what a guest needs before the guest even realizes it is key. The hotel is crowded and of course just like everywhere else, morning chair grabbing is a problem. The staff does try to open up unoccupied chairs left too long but I noticed some guests even betting that system. Staff will walk around and fold towels on chairs to see if they get used but I saw some people come by and move the towels or leave a personal item or two on the chairs. Overall a great time was had by all, I think DVC my be getting an email regarding the point suck that an ocean view seems to be. I think a pool view on a high floor would have been a much better, much longer (one day for us) alternative. This is a resort that all DVC members need to visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter