BACK AGAIN?? 10 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.....MAY 18 TRIP REPORT

Yay! Another Carole and Tom adventure! Looking forward to following along!:dogdance:

:welcome: Jocelyn...........glad you made it along and nice to see you post again........

Hope this one is as much fun for you to read along with .........and you were almost in it ::yes:: ........next time our timings will be better I’m sure .......:thumbsup2

I'm here :wave2:
Looking forward to your latest adventures :cool1:

:welcome: Vicki.........glad you made it here......I do hope you enjoy this one too...........I think I surprise myself looking back at what we did on this trip as I keep saying we didn't do much..........lol.........:wave2:

THURSDAY MAY 10TH................TRAVEL TO AIRPORT DAY.............

We slept really well last night, rather unusually again......and we only had one glass of wine each too.......I always say a good nights sleep sets you up for the day.....but I was shattered this morning.........thankfully the zingy grapefruit and lime scented shower gel was the invigorating wake up it promised.......isn't it awful when you want to go back to sleep and can`t, but the mornings you can go back to sleep you just can`t fall over.........rough......

I got downstairs and Kyle was already down, he was leaving early for work this morning so it was just after 6 and he was heading to put his suit on........and strangely I didn't feel too bad today with leaving him again........he was fine. He had a good day ahead at work and was going to be busy when we were gone........so, I carried on with all the usual stuff and Tom appeared just before he came back down and leave.........

I grabbed Kyle a couple of bottles of water and as I went to give him a hug, that's when the tears filled up........yep, I still get emotional leaving him despite all his assurances he`s going to be fine, and I know he will, but I`m his mum and will miss him. But, I don't go into full blub mode, and eventually let him give his dad a hug......and with his wishes to us to just have fun he is in the drive getting in his car and off he goes........watching him wave I fill up a little bit more......Tom jokes he`s barely out of the driveway before I`m fine, I wish. But, I`m glad he has plans for his time when we are away.

So with Kyle gone, I wipe my eyes and head back through to make our breakfast.........food will always cheer me up...........we make bacon rolls and a big mug of tea........then we tidy up, and get on with last minute packing.........I actually mean packing. We do pack the morning we leave as there`s no reason for us to be packed up before.........it doesn't take long at all, and we know we haven't forgotten anything then........we always say as long as we have passports and credit card we`re fine.......anything else we can pick up there. So, in about half an hour we`re packed......then it`s hand luggage which is easy.

I give my mum a call around 8.30 and say goodbye to her........trying to catch my mum in is hard work.......83 year old and is a social butterfly.......she claims she doesn't go out much, but she`s never in!!! However I do catch her in this morning and we have a brief chat and I can hear she`s rushing off somewhere and doesn't want to be rude and hurry me off the phone......lol........so I tell her we`re just leaving......and say our goodbye`s for a while......I talk to my mum a lot, so 13 days is a long time to not talk......she doesn't have internet up there so no modern technology like Skype........

We then do the final touches to the house and Tom loads the cases into the car.....always a dilemma........they never go in the same way twice!! But, he gets it done and we lock the house up after a last minute bathroom visit.........and we set off.

The drive is around 3 hours up to Manchester.......and today is a lovely day to travel......sun is shining but it`s more or less behind us all the way. We have on 80`s radio and we are in such a joyous mood as we have another trip in front of us........the roads were unusually quiet today for a weekday, and we arrive up in Manchester around midday.......

The car park of the hotel is mobbed. There isn't a parking space to be had which can be a problem at the hotel.....they have conferences and of course people park there, but there is no where else around to park if there are no spaces. We spot a manager wandering around, stop and ask him what we should do and he tells us to park in a disabled space. I`m not comfortable doing that at all. But, we have no choice. He tells us not to worry there will be loads of spaces after 3pm, we can move it then if we wish. So we pull into the space and unload our bags and pop them on a trolley the manager has thoughtfully brought over to us.......we do chat about the parking and they recognize it is a problem. Space as always is a premium. We thank him for his help and head round to the entrance.........

We are in an Executive room........just a normal room but you have access to the lounge which has snacks and drinks available all day and alcohol and wines available from 5pm till 9.30pm. We go up straight to the Executive check in on the 9th floor......its so quiet up there, and doesn't seem to be going to be busy this time. Check in quick and painless and he informs us the room will be 20 minutes or so, so we`ll wait in the lounge and someone will come and tell us when it`s ready. This hotel is lovely.....the staff are always so helpful and very professional.......it`s just a nice place to stay all round. There are other options around the airport, and some real bargains to be had I suppose, but the convenience of walking through the Skywalk in the morning is of more value to us. So that's why we always pay more to stay there than is probably necessary. The price includes our parking while we are away, we leave the keys with the front desk and they do move the car offsite while we are away, although sometimes it hasn't moved. But it`s always waiting for us when we come back......we`ve used this company for may years and fingers crossed there has never been any issues with the cars. They film all around the car and note any scratches or bumps......we have none of these and as long as it comes back like that we`ll be happy.........

So, into the lounge and it`s empty........we are the only ones here...........

i-b3ZdTsP-XL.jpg

i-9nX2wxP-XL.jpg

i-hdj4zzN-XL.jpg

During the day they have teas, coffee, fresh orange juice, waters, cokes and beers all out to help yourself and snacks like olives, crackers and chocolates laid out......they usually have chocolate covered strawberries, but none today.

i-zhDKn9N-XL.jpg

i-F9DhhSr-XL.jpg

i-qVbXgSJ-XL.jpg

Tom makes himself a coffee and I have a coke and we sit and enjoy the sunshine streaming in to the glass covered room......it is gloriously hot and at the same time cool with the aircon gently swirling around........and so peaceful. I know it will get busier, but for now we begin to enjoy what is in effect the start to our trip.

i-CFL3KCQ-XL.jpg

We enjoy just looking out of the window and watching the comings and goings of the airport, although this time of day is generally a quieter time.....all the big flights have arrived or already gone.......but we still enjoy it.

i-3BpRn7D-XL.jpg

i-Vmz3kKc-XL.jpg

One of the Concierge staff comes in to tell us the room is ready and she has taken our luggage down already.......so she gives us our room cards and we finish our drinks and head down. The rooms are no surprise to us anymore, we have stayed here so often it is very familiar.

i-Jc5D4Fv-XL.jpg

i-XdRmcS7-XL.jpg

i-8jTCGtg-XL.jpg

i-nB5NH7d-XL.jpg

i-tJsQRVP-XL.jpg

i-LfS46XS-XL.jpg

i-BjRRVmQ-XL.jpg

The room has the usual things like a safe, iron and board if required and they do give you two bottles of water complimentary........we have never used the coffee machine but we do use the kettle to make tea before bedtime.....or during the night on occasion when we haven't been able to sleep.........it is a nice room and the bed is unbelievably comfortable. Tom finds the pillows slightly too soft, but I like them. The shower products are nice too, but they used to be better.

We look down and see there are spaces that have become available, so we take down anything that`s not coming with us like jackets and long trousers Tom travelled in.........we both head down as it`s so lovely outside......Tom moves the car out of the disabled space and into a general space, and thankfully it`s a decent space. Hopefully no bashes or scrapes. We are over the far side of the car park, and on the way back up to the hotel Tom of course starts to think about pictures......bless him.........

i-bJJ58fF-XL.jpg

i-MpJ99W7-XL.jpg

I always think it`s quite an impressive looking airport hotel.

We of course are now starting to think of lunch as we are a little bit hungry now........so into the bar area where our trip really does begin........and it`s fairly empty today. Last time we were here in March it was very busy. We get our usual booth and decide to order a bottle of wine and take our time as we have nowhere to go for the rest of the day..........

i-rVMPxLs-XL.jpg

i-9thS8cM-XL.jpg

The wine is decentish........it`s ok for a hotel bar and I`m not expecting a top class wine list anyway here.........definitely overpriced but they have you there and it`s to be expected.........we then begin to think of food......we usually have something light and then enjoy dinner in the restaurant later, but it`s now around 2pm and we are hungry now, so we opt to share a pizza.......we decide on the meat feast and ask him for chilli flakes and tabasco as it`s not a spicy pizza.........no problems........

It`s so nice to be just sitting around sipping wine and passing the time thinking of what lies ahead for us........it`s just nice. But then the pizza arrives.......it looks so good.

i-gxSsPs2-XL.jpg

And it is good........and very filling!!! We can`t imagine being ready for dinner tonight after eating this..........again, it is larger than it looks.......

We finish up the pizza and the wine and we must have looked very romantic or look as if we were celebrating something, but the manager sends over two glasses of prosecco for no real reason......how lovely of him.......I don't think he had seen we had just finished a bottle of wine, or maybe he had............we would manage somehow...........lol........I`m not usually very good at drinking wine during the day, it makes me sleepy on occasion........but it`s vacation time and allowed........::yes::

i-BX4MVhc-XL.jpg

We sit till around 4.15 ish and then get the check paid and thank the manager again for the complimentary prosecco......it was very nice.......he says it`s a pleasure and thanks us for our continued patronage........I then remember we have seen him the last few trips.......I`m usually good with faces and names, but I had no memory of seeing him till he really spoke to us......he had grown a slight beard and looked very different.

We go up to our room and get our cases to walk down to the terminal for Twilight Check in. Thomas Cook offer this for flights up to midday the following day, well, they've stopped it now for flights to the USA but it was convenient and saved some time in the morning. The terminal is a 5 minute walk away so we are there and there already two couples in front of us. We check our bags in and there are new rules and measures for American flights. Although we are checked in, we don't get our boarding card.......we have to come back for that in the morning.........really!!! So no benefit whatsoever now.........the staff explain it is likely being stopped for the USA, I`m not surprised. I think from what they said they are getting a lot of grief from people not happy.......not an issue for us at all.

But, luggage gone and we see the priority tag go on the cases. We had paid for their priority package where your luggage comes off first and you are first on the plane.......if you are Premium you get this automatically, but this flight had no premium so not an option. We always hope and pray our luggage does indeed end up in the same place as us.

We take our time and head back to the Radisson.........and up to the lounge.

It`s 5pm now and the wine and alcohol is out as is the snack type food. We really aren't ready for anything so I have another coke and Tom another coffee.....and the lounge is very quiet to what it usually is. We did notice the door could only be accessed by using your room keycard, before it lay open and I suppose was easy to enter if you hadn't actually paid for it.........but it`s fairly quiet.

We sit here most of the evening chatting and relaxing and talking over the trip ahead and eventually we do get a little peckish. We had definitely decided we wouldn't be anywhere near ready for a proper meal in the hotel restaurant like we usually do, so we would partake in the snacks offered tonight, and I`m glad to say they had improved massively from the last few visits.

They had slices of rare roast beef, mini quiche and pork pies, spicy empanadas, spring rolls and a kind of curry samosa. So with the olives still out and the snack crackers, we made a lovely little meal out them.......and enjoyed some more wine, but not too much as we don't want to feel even a little under the weather tomorrow.........

It was a lovely evening.......and once it got dark we were getting ready to leave when the lady who kind of runs the lounge tells us we are more than welcome to take something back to the room. There is a sign up saying no drinks to be removed from the lounge, but I think that's to stop the extremists. We don't bother though as I just want a cup of tea now.

Back to the room and I love overlooking the airport at night.........we make some tea and Tom sprawls out and watches something on tv......we had free movies, but there wasn't really anything we wanted to watch.

We had tried to Skype Kyle but the reception was so poor we ended up giving up.....we left messages saying we would try on Saturday morning sometime. Such a shame but we would speak soon.

i-gfq9M2T-XL.jpg

i-m4887mS-XL.jpg

We watch some tv for an hour or so, then set every alarm we need to........we arranged an alarm call from the hotel and I set my ipad too.......we don't plan to be up too early as we only need to pick up a boarding card, so need to be there 4 hours ahead. We also have the priority line through security so we do plan a little longer sleep.........if only.

Around 11pm we put the tv off and settle down for what we hope will be a really good sleep...........and marvel again, that everything is in front of us for another trip.

Yay!! Another trip report. I get so much entertainment out of your reports. Thank you for writing them. When you mentioned that you had on 80's radio on your ride to the airport..... I chuckled.. I love that channel! Can't wait to read more!

So happy to see another Carole and Tom trip report started! Just the thing to help with my post trip blues - one of your awesome trip reports! Well, this along with planning another trip down in the fall;). I never told you how much I enjoyed your Mardi Gras trip report. It had such a fun,laid back vibe. And how exciting to hear you have three more trips to look forward to! That is awesome. As always, looking forward to reading all about this trip. Thanks for sharing.

Yay!! Another trip report. I get so much entertainment out of your reports. Thank you for writing them. When you mentioned that you had on 80's radio on your ride to the airport..... I chuckled.. I love that channel! Can't wait to read more!

:welcome: Holly.......nice to have you along from the beginning this time........

I am so stuck in the 80’s it’s scary..........:rotfl: love that music!

But, thank you.......really hope you enjoy this one too :wave2:

So happy to see another Carole and Tom trip report started! Just the thing to help with my post trip blues - one of your awesome trip reports! Well, this along with planning another trip down in the fall;). I never told you how much I enjoyed your Mardi Gras trip report. It had such a fun,laid back vibe. And how exciting to hear you have three more trips to look forward to! That is awesome. As always, looking forward to reading all about this trip. Thanks for sharing.

:welcome: cocofifi..........yay!! You made it......oh post trip blues are the worst!! Hope you get something else booked soon.......it helps ::yes:: Tom says I’m not allowed to have the blues anymore........lol......

Thank you!! I’m so glad you enjoyed the Mardi Gras trip too.........I think this one is even more laid back.......we were determined to chill a little.....and I think we did..........

Nice to have you along too :wave2:

One of the things I ove about your reports, is the way you encounter a slight challenge, and immediately talk through how to respond with resilience. All grumpy travelers should take you along!

Hi Carole! I so love your reports. I love how you and Tom truly get the party started the day before vacation. Nothing like that last-minute anticipation and excitement! I get lots of snide comments about going to Orlando multiple times a year, so I love reading reports from fellow FL lovers and knowing there's kindred spirits out there!
It'll be odd to read a TR of yours that doesn't take place at RPR! Looking forward to hearing about all your lovely experiences!

Subscribing. Loving this trip report--and I have to say the photos are awesome!

:welcome: Miffy...........Thanks so much for the compliments.......I will tell my "photographer" he`s doing a good job.......:rotfl: Hope you enjoy reading along too........:)

One of the things I ove about your reports, is the way you encounter a slight challenge, and immediately talk through how to respond with resilience. All grumpy travelers should take you along!

Aww thanks........you just have to roll with the punches you get sometimes..........especially with travel when there`s not much you can do about anything................:thumbsup2

Yay, just finished the other one yesterday. Loved your story about Vodoo doughnuts.

:welcome: along for this one too Romib...........hope you enjoyed the previous trip report, and this one too......

That might just be my favourite meeting event ever at Universal with the CEO guys.........it`s one of those things that timing was everything......and sheer dumb luck we were there when they were.......and of course having not a clue who they were........it was just funny and nice at the same time.......:D

Hi Carole! I so love your reports. I love how you and Tom truly get the party started the day before vacation. Nothing like that last-minute anticipation and excitement! I get lots of snide comments about going to Orlando multiple times a year, so I love reading reports from fellow FL lovers and knowing there's kindred spirits out there!
It'll be odd to read a TR of yours that doesn't take place at RPR! Looking forward to hearing about all your lovely experiences!

:welcome: Klacey1 for another one!!!!

Oh we`ll take any excuse to start a party......even if it`s just the two of us.........:D

Yep, why folks, well, some folks feel the need to comment about how many times we go is beyond me........I get that`s it`s quite a long flight from the UK , but hey ho.......it`s second nature now.....and so worth it for the time we get to spend there........:thumbsup2 I`m sure you can ignore those comments to, but yes, unnecessary.......yep, plenty of kindred spirit here!!!!

It was weird driving past the entrance to RP this year.......and not pulling in.......we did smile a little to ourselves it was different this time.

Hope you enjoy it anyway :wave2:

FRIDAY 11TH MAY.......TRAVEL DAY.........

We slept fairly well, till around 2am. The heat woke us up.....the A/C must have adjusted itself as the room was boiling hot......Tom fiddled with it and within 5 minutes the room was more tolerable.....but, I was awake. And trying to get back to sleep was going to be almost impossible. But we tried........I got up once or twice to watch the activity in the surprisingly busy airport at 3am. Thing is the bed was incredibly comfortable, so we should get a good sleep....but we all know that night before the trip feeling.......excitement just over rides the bodies desire to sleep. Eventually however Tom fell asleep first and I dropped off around 4 finally...........

I had set the alarm for 6.30am. Our flight left at 11.30am, so that gave us plenty of time to get ready, pick up boarding passes and then enjoy some time relaxing before the flight.

The shower was fairly poor though........I have a lot of hair to rinse and it took ages, but eventually I appeared and Tom jumped in asking if I had left him any shower gel........cheeky..........I had actually left him a little ::yes::.......I was using their hairdryer as I don't bring one with me, saves luggage space......and it`s awkward as it`s one of those that you have to keep your finger on the button to make it work.......fiddly. But, managed it. I also had no straighteners as I put them in checked baggage, so they were gone. My hair would be so untidy, but a long flight makes it messy anyway........

Once we were ready to go downstairs, Tom asked me where the Fob for the car was. We hand one in so they can move and store the car while we are away.....I had one of those blind panic moments :scared1:......I had put them in my handbag when we were in the bar yesterday.......and my handbag was packed away in checked luggage......in the airport!!! I groaned immediately and thought they won`t be able to move the car..........Tom just laughed and said he was sure that had happened before many times, he would explain to them what happened........but I felt annoyed I had done it.........then he checked his "party pack" bag and there they were.......thank goodness!!!! I know it wouldn't have been a problem really, but it saves any hassle........and I actually swore I remember putting them in my bag........I did, but must have given them back to Tom at some point..........panic moment over. I don't like to start the day with such a bad thought!!!

So, we checked the room over, made sure everything was out the safe and things like that........and we went downstairs to hand the keyfob and envelope with our return flight details on it........took a few minutes and then we walked into the connecting Skywalk down to the Terminal.......with just hand luggage it`s easy.......and we got half way down when Tom asked if I was sure I had got everything..........and had another NO moment........I had left my iPad charger in the wall..........doh!!!!! Thank goodness he had checked with me if I thought we might have forgotten anything.......I did have my iPads (of course) but no charger........so we trundle back down to get it..........that walk seemed longer somehow.........I waited in the lobby while Tom went back up to the Concierge desk and explained to the guy what we had done.......no problem, he knew us and took Tom down and let him in to the room and retrieved my necessary charger.......would be lost without it!!!! Tom jokes it is the hardest working item in our home.........he could be right actually :blush:

So setting off again we made it to the terminal this time where we had to join the line to get our boarding cards. And it looked a long line. But, as we had priority we had a much shorter line and there were only a few folks in front of us. One staff member went through the extra security questions.......how did we get here this morning.....he did smile when I said we had walked from the Radisson........few more questions and he put the tab on the back of the passport.......and by then we were at the desk and took seconds to get the passes. While we were waiting the couple in front of us turned around......I thought I recognized them vaguely.........she immediately pointed at us and reminded us we had been on the same Virgin Atlantic flights in December.......she even told us we had the opposite exit row seats from them........lol....what were the chances. I did remember them and especially when they started to talk about cruising.....they fly in and drive down to catch a cruise.......small world.

Again through security was a breeze with Priority........you don't have to take shoes off or bring out Ipads this morning........and we get through in no time at all......although as I put my hands up for the xray and the guy said stand still.......another officer waved funny and smiled through the glass.......so I burst out laughing and said to the first guy it was the other guys fault I laughed.........it`s nice to see the human side of them. But, I was good to go.....we collected our belongings back together and headed through for breakfast. Yep, I`m never far away from being hungry........

We pass through the alluring displays of every conceivable perfume and make up brand you can imagine......and the offers of strong alcohol at this time of the morning are not appealing at all. Just can`t do it at that time of day.......we will come back and see if there`s anything I need, but to be honest I don't this time......but, will still look. But, for now we head for breakfast and in this terminal we go to the same place and hope for a window seat......I`m very childlike when it comes to planes.......I love to watch them and see them whenever we are there......We arrive at Giraffe for food and I see there is only a big table free by the window, but as it`s not too busy I ask her very nicely if we can have it.......sure, no problems. So we do get our window seat..........

i-FM4tRh3-XL.jpg

This isn't a gourmet place by any means, but it`s decent.........I don`t take any pictures of the food here for some reason.........but we order a large pot of tea, I decide on toast and preserves and a side of bacon......I like bacon.......and Tom goes for the eggs, bacon, sausage and toast as he omits the tomatoes and beans that comes with it.....yuk!!! I don't like beans, but especially despise seeing them for breakfast..........but, it`s part of the classic cooked breakfast over here for some reason.......not for us though. Our food arrives fairly quickly and it`s quite nice.....we then pass the time while we wait to go downstairs.........and watch the planes come and go......always like to see the Virgin planes........even if it`s not the Jumbo.

i-BG87WMV-XL.jpg

i-DkrcGxZ-XL.jpg

I was looking rather flushed already and that was without alcohol.......only hot tea!!

We pay the check and head back down to the hustle and bustle of Duty Free.....I did go into Bobbi Brown, but they didn't have what I wanted, then I spotted a woman demonstrating GHD`s.....I actually don't have a pair of these anymore, although Tom struggles to believe that as I do have a very large collection of straighteners for some reason......but, I wander over and ask to see the larger paddle pair.....she offers to show me them working, I`m delighted as I feel my hair is in need of a straighten.......she does ok, not as good as I would do it, but I decide to buy a pair as I did like the feel of using them. You got your free gift of heat protection spray with it.....not fabulous, but I like this stuff. She had a deal on where you saved another $7 with a voucher......not a huge discount but I use the voucher. So that was the sum total of our purchases today......we pay for them and then we pick up some water and a couple of snacks for the plane in case the food isn't good......it usually is, but you never know.

We mooch around while waiting for the gate to be announced and just watch fellow travelers come and go.....some look happy but wow does travel stress some people......I`m afraid we like calm.

It`s not too long till our gate comes on the board and we wander down......the flight does show on time again which is always a bonus.....a delay for us is never fun. Not fun for anyone of course. We sit down for a few seconds when they announce boarding for assistance pax and Priority Pax.......we are right by her, so we jump up and get to go through first......I`ve never done that before......got on the plane first........and I don't get pulled aside for another security check again.......so we get to the plane and Cabin Crew welcome us and I actually tell her I`ve never been first on a plane before.......lol......she must have thought wow, she`s easily pleased......but she was lovely.......

We have Row 4 H & K which are decent seats.........although they don't have Premium seats on this plane the legroom is decent.

i-7xjTQgB-XL.jpg

i-hKGHvwx-XL.jpg

i-6N5FgVC-XL.jpg

The reason they don't have Premium on certain flights is they lease planes from a company called Airtanker........and folks tend to say they`re flying on the Airtanker.......which conjours up images of a mass military plane......but in reality its a decent plane, just no Premium.

With Thomas Cook, you pay for your drinks on board and also pay an upcharge to watch the decent movies on IFE....unlike Virgin where this is all complimentary. It`s just a different way.

We get seated and put our hand luggage in the overhead bins and we settle down while everyone else boards........I don't mind waiting. I see one of the CC talk to a couple on Row 1 and heard them say thank you.......I wondered if it was an anniversary or something........but, she heads towards us and checks the seat number.........I worry we`re going to be asked to move to accommodate someone else.......but, she checks we are Mr and Mrs X, we say yes.......she tells us as we are frequent flyers with them as a little thank you our first drinks will be free today and we will be upgraded to Premium movies for free. How lovely!!!! And a nice little touch from Thomas Cook......it`s not huge but still lovely all the same.

We are all ready to go in around 20 minutes when the captain announces a slight delay as 6 pax had not made their connection, so the luggage had to be offloaded.......of course.......if not for that we would have been already flying by now. But, these things happen........

Eventually at 12.10pm just 40 minutes later than planned we took with a very smooth takeoff on what was a very gloomy UK day. Just the type of day we like to take off on. We immediately hit some turbulence as we went through some very thick cloud.........didn't last long though and it was nice to come out the other side of the clouds and see blue skies and sunshine.......I do like a bit of turbulence!!!!!

So we plug ourselves in to the movies and await the drinks service before food is served...........I actually can`t remember which movie I watched initially but Tom plugged himself into some Xmen or similar type of movie.......but, Tom can watch almost anything.........

The drinks come around and we get a red and a white wine each........you get two for a certain price, but we asked for one as we didn't want to look as if we were expecting two......however CC gave us the two each.....we usually purchase the offer of two anyway.

i-7XwPTgc-XL.jpg

i-QnRm4GQ-XL.jpg

It`s a little bit before the food comes around as we experience some more turbulence, but the movies keep us from noticing too much......I flick between that and the skymap too which I prefer to see once we are closer.........but eventually the food appears and we both choose beef with dumplings which was very nice for plane food........

i-WF8gTzq-XL.jpg

And the usual accessories of water, crackers with cheese and chutney, a bread roll and a dessert. The dessert is usually very nice, but today it`s a mint chocolate mousse........I hate mint desserts and don't like chocolate very much.......Tom isn't keen but gives it a try........nope. Not for him either.

i-CGV988W-XL.jpg

After the food we settle down and I go between looking out the window at the seemingly never ending ocean, read a little, watch a movie and the skymap. Time splits between going very quickly at times, and dragging........Once we hit Canada and then head down the Eastern Seaboard it`s much more interesting.......seeing all the snow and ice as we fly over Canada is quite a sight.

We actually fly directly over the City of Boston today, but we cant see anything as it`s so cloudy.......what a shame.......and over Long Island and I can see roughly where my family live......it looks so clear today............sadly though we just can`t make out the city as cloud covers the distant view there.

I then snooze for an hour until I`m woken up by afternoon tea being served.........this helps pass the time too.........eating.

i-JFWtFHF-XL.jpg

It was actually very nice. I adore clotted cream....doesn't sound nice, but it`s lush!!! Very rich...........we don't take the tea or coffee as it`s not the nicest....so pepsi will suffice for now. They do give us a bottle of water when we get on the plane and you can go up and ask for free water anytime during the flight.

Now once this is cleared away we have an hour till we land.......and this is the longest hour ever!!!! We visit the bathroom and then settle down again to just wait to land. We see we approaching Kennedy slightly different this time and we only found out later why. I knew Kyle would be tracking the flight as he does if he is around, and he was gutted too when he told us we had missed a rocket launch by minutes.......we are huge space fans. This launch had been postponed a couple of times in the last weeks, so we knew it was close.

But, that's why we took the strange route.......Kyle told us the skies on the radar picture opposite us were empty which is unusual to see.

But we were almost there........even after so many trips the anticipation and excitement is palpable.......we were just ready to land. And land we did. Nice bumpy landing on the furthest runway possible.......and only 15 minutes late which wasn't bad. I do always feel a little sad when we land that Kyle isn't with us, but for today I felt ok as I saw the approaching hub in front of us.

Now we just had to complete the final step of our Global Entry process. That was on our mind now.

Two likes we had in common - watching planes and a bit of turbulence! Glad you had a good flight. Looking forward to the next installment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter