"BACK" from OKW - photos added on page 5

Which building are you in this trip, Rob? I love hearing reports from someone who is satisfied with their villa! WE seem to be hearing teh worst lately, although we have not had issues.

We just came back on the 9th and had no issues with our villa. First time we stayed in the back section. We were in building 56 top floor, room 5631 (I requested a top floor near a quiet pool). View wasn't the best, balcony overlooked a swamp. But it was quiet and we got to see alot of birds and butterflies! Room was clean and ready when we checked in at 4pm.

No love bugs when we were there....last year we were there at same time and they were very bad...

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Thanks for the report! Looking forward to updates. We will be at OKW soon, it will be our first DVC stay.

Hemispheredancer said:
Doc, how is the love bug situation today? Are they in full force or just about done? Thanks!
There are still a few lovebugs around, but nothing like May and September.

spiceycat said:
is there still the free wining tasting in FW? if so- when and where is it? do you have to stay the entire time?
Yes, the seminars are free. We went to a Spanish wine seminar today and also a couple of the Sam Adams Brewery seminars. The wine seminars are held in the Wonders of Life pavillion and Sam Adams is next to the American Pavillion. We also went to the Mickey Thomas concert - the group was Jefferson Airplane in the 60's, later changed to Jefferson STarship and now just Starship, but the concert was fun. Next is David Cassidy.

ADP said:
We are spending 10 days at AKV starting 10/19. Can you let us know how the crowds are when you can?
Crowds at Epcot are fairly busy, but tolerable. Weekends are busy at MK, but OK during the week and MGM and AK are OK since none of the F&W activities are there at all. Epcot is hopping! :)

Merylyj said:
Do you think a wheelchair could get along there? Just with the comment about the uneven footing.
Yes, even though the pavement is not always level, I'm sure a wheelchair can comfortable navigate the walkway during the daytime. It's a pretty nice trip! Enjoy! :)

Rinkwide said:
Actually, you don't "have to" but you otter.
Nice to hear from you Rink! :)

We had a good day today. After our early walk, we went to Epcot at noon and enjoyed our time there. We tried the Segway at Innoventions - good experience and worthwhile doing as long as you are 18 years old and weigh between 100 and 250. 16/17 yo's can do it with parental permission.

Our Wine Pairing was very nice at Coral Reef. The wines were from South Africa and the Coral Reef chef described each course (chicken egg rolls/Grouper/Beef Tenderloin) and the winemaker (Anura Winery) described the accompanying wines (Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Syrah Reserve).

The Sam Adams seminar has tasting of Sam Adams Light, Boston Lager, Octoberfest and Festival Brew (specially created for the F&W each year). This year it was a good ale. Each guest gets a Sam Adams opener.

The seminar was the Marques de Riscal winery from Spain. We sampled a Rueda (white wine), and 3 reds - Riscal Tempranillo, Rioja Reserva and Rioja Gran Reserva. We really liked the Tempranillo and the Reserva. The Spanish grapes are unique to Spain and do differ from French and Italian grapes. Nice event - and FREE!

The Mickey Thomas concert was fun - they performed about 6 numbers in the 30 minute concert. Most recognizeable were Sara, White Rabbit, No way out, We Built this City and Nothing Gonna Stop us Now. The group began in the 60's as Jefferson Airplane with Grace Slick and then changed to Jefferson Starship and later just Starship.

We have a quiet day planned for tomorrow - probably another walk in the morning (temps expected in the upper 50s) and dinner at Narcoosee's tomorrow evening. We may hit a park, but Saturdays tend to be pretty busy - year round- so we try to avoid Saturdays when possible.

We're here now too Doc. In fact, we enjoyed dinner at California Grill tonight. As we viewed the new construction at the the CR I certainly thought of the DIS.

We're currently at the Polynesian and move to BCV on Sunday.

My lovebug report is that I only saw a few on Wednesday as we arrived. Hopefully the infestation is at the end. I really don't remember them in the Fall in the past.:confused3

Today was lovely wasn't it?

Have fun!

Doc-How long is this visit?

BCV23-How long is this visit? You mentioned splitting it among 2 resorts?

Nine nights for DS2 and me, Lisa. My DH arrived a day after we did though. Off to the MK.

We're here for another week.

So much to do ... so little time! :)

At our wine pairing yesterday we were seated with a couple from TN. We found that they come to WDW often, have just joined DVC and are staying at SSR for their first time. After a little more conversation, we discovered that they are also DISers - who faithfully read the boards but have never registered. Finding something to talk about at dinner was not a challenge at all!

Small world! :)

We're here for another week.

So much to do ... so little time! :)

At our wine pairing yesterday we were seated with a couple from TN. We found that they come to WDW often, have just joined DVC and are staying at SSR for their first time. After a little more conversation, we discovered that they are also DISers - who faithfully read the boards but have never registered. Finding something to talk about at dinner was not a challenge at all!

Small world! :)

Those kind of chance meetings at WDW are always fun! Which building are you in this trip?

Those kind of chance meetings at WDW are always fun! Which building are you in this trip?

We're in Building 24 with a fairway view.

Just got back from a wonderful dinner at Narcoosee's. We both had the "special" - flounder and rock lobster. We also enjoyed the crab cakes and the pumpkin/spice soup.

The parks were all busy today and the parking lot at MK was really filled - with cars still arriving at 7:30pm.

Temperature today was 87 with the same predicted the next 3 days. No rain in the forecast

Tomorrow we'll try to take in some more wine seminars at Epcot as well as the David Cassidy concert.

Hey Doc,
So glad to hear you all had a good dinner at Narcoossee's. I love that place but have had a couple of so-so meals so I haven't been there in a couple of years. I've heard it was getting better so I'll put it back on the list now.
thanks,
John

Hey, Doc! Thanks for the report, now DW (JCDisneyFan), DD and I know what to look for when we are there the 25th through the 28th.

We are really looking forward to the F&W Fest since we have not been there during it for 3 years now.

I will definitely be doing the Sam Adams Booth. DW is into wines so we will probably do one of the wine seminars.

Hope you enjoy your trip. :cool1:

Ho Doc,
Have you noticed a change in the weather? Any less rain? We are getting right into Fall in the NE, how about at the mouse?
Thanks
Chris

As to the Otters, I was told that in no uncertain terms they "prefer" OKW and if you wish to see them, you will have to stay there. :goodvibes

Yeah, I heard that they prefer the "condo" style buildings, as opposed to the long hallways at BWV. Not that they dislike BWV, of course. They are in no way trying to offend owners there.

I will try to get some current photos of the CR construction next weekend when we have dinner at CA Grille. If I get a chance, I'll try to get over to AKV for some construction photos. (We were just there a month ago and I didn't take any pics at all :( ).

Doc, don't tell me you're slipping up on your responsibilities???? :cool2: You've been so wonderful at being "spy extrodinarie" during construction of the resorts! Please don't take this seriously and spend some time just enjoying yourself at WDW! Wish I was there -- sounds like the weather is beautiful.

We're in Building 24 with a fairway view.

Just got back from a wonderful dinner at Narcoosee's. We both had the "special" - flounder and rock lobster. We also enjoyed the crab cakes and the pumpkin/spice soup.

The parks were all busy today and the parking lot at MK was really filled - with cars still arriving at 7:30pm.

Temperature today was 87 with the same predicted the next 3 days. No rain in the forecast

Tomorrow we'll try to take in some more wine seminars at Epcot as well as the David Cassidy concert.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time, and I must say I am officially envious! I wouldn't be able to enjoy much of the F&W right now though, because of some medical issues, but it is fun to experience them vicariously through your reports!

We arrived last night about 6:30pm.
It looks like we missed you by an hour -- our DME bus left the BWV at 5:30pm. It sounds like you are enjoying the F&W festival as much as we did, but are having better weather (less heat and humidity). If you get a chance, try the Curried Butternut Squash Soup in India. It was delicious!

We're just back from another Epcot afternoon.

Weather was again wonderful. The temperature was 85 today, low humidity (at least by FL standards) and no rain again.

We took another walk along the Trumbo Canal this morning to DD. There were 4 swans in the lake in front on Congress Park - they were spectacular.

We took in 2 wine seminars today - in the Festival Center (the Wonders of Life Pavillion). The first was a winery from Argentina and the second a Spanish winery. Very informative and very nice wines - ranging in price from $10/bottle to $100/bottle. Some were also available in the Festival Wine Shop! ;)

Next we took a stroll around World Showcase - the line was huge by 4:30pm for the David Cassidy concert (5:45pm). We opted to take in another Sam Adams beer seminar (each participant receives a free beer opener) and then had a good SRO spot on the outside of the theater with a center view of the stage. The concert was very average - especially since David Cassidy had very few "hits". He performed "I Think I Love You" as the closer - probably a good decision or he might have lost most of the audience had he done it earlier. Still and all - an enjoyable program ... and the price was right (FREE!).

Dinner was from the American Pavillion stand - Lobster Roll, Short Ribs and Cole Slaw ($10) and a couple of Sam Adams beers (Cherry Wheat for DW and a Black Lager for me).

Next is Little Richard - (Wednesday and Thursday) before Juice Newton next weekend.

Tommorrow we plan to head to MK (HM has reportedly reopened) and then back for some more wine "education" in the afternoon.

The crowds were again busy this afternoon, but we expect smaller numbers until next Friday.

All is well! :)

HM has reopened. We went on Thursday and Saturday and really enjoyed the changes.

We were also at Epcot this afternoon and had dinner at Tutto Italia. We enjoyed it so much that we're going back on Thursday.

Have fun at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter