Back pack or fanny pack?

I've bought multiple "Disney" bags, but I prefer my pink leather fanny pack overall. Doesn't hold a lot, but that's okay as I like to travel light. And I tend to wear it slung over my shoulder vs. around my waist.

My last couple of trips (whether I was solo or with my partner) I carried around one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ICK8U2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It worked out okay, but the outside pockets didn't carry much, so it ended up just being a purse with no zipper. Now that that's getting a little ragged, I bought one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PW51AQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems like it's a lighter, smaller backpack, and should work out pretty good for me, I hope. I'll be trying it out in June and taking my old park back as a backup.... but yeah, I can't bring myself to wear a fannypack.
Oh I really like that sling style one. I was all settled on getting a Star Wars loungefly backpack and now you have me reconsidering!

I prefer to wear a letter-carrier cross-body purse. It's light and small and doesn't get in my way. It holds a small pouch with a few dollars cash, credit cards and ID, and my sunglasses. I used a fanny pack for years, but it always made me hotter. As a family, we take one string-style backpack with whatever we're carrying for the day: autograph book in the kids' younger days, a couple of bottles of water to share, hats, lanyards and pins.

I may be out of fashion, but I wear a waistpack. I can't stand having my back sweat with a backpack and I don't like having a strap cross my front. I carry a small one with all of my essentials for the day.

I'm just curious what everyone uses to carry their stuff around in the parks. It's just me and the wife, so it won't be that much (camera/phone, water bottle sunscreen etc). I know fanny packs aren't the best looking things, but they're so darn convenient. We've also considered a smaller over the shoulder pack. What do you use?

Crossbody bag/purse!! Just large enough for necessities (small camera) etc. but secure, and hands free! Can't beat it! (approx. 10"X15" with several zip pockets) Has been my park bag for several years.

Can't imagine needing a back pack - or anything large, unless you have small children. I've been knocked in the head by rude people with large back packs sticking out a whole foot, when they turn in front of you. We get free ice water at CS.

This debate happens again and again. It just depends on how much stuff you need to carry and what is more comfortable for you. The trick is to carry as little as possible for your traveling party. I can usually get by with the pockets in my shorts. Other times - you'll see me in a fanny pack. I do now own a string Disney backpack - but I only take it on days I need to carry more stuff than I usually do - like the days I need my SOTMK binder to do trading or need a warmer outfit for the evening. Disney is probably the one place I see the MOST fanny packs of anywhere. You'll even see them on teenagers now. So - you aren't out of place with one there. There are also a lot of backpacks and cross-body bags. I'm personally jealous of the folks who seem to have nothing on them but their phone. I can't quite manage that minimalist. Fanny packs come in a huge variety of shapes, sizes, and colors now days - so if you are going to buy one for Disney - take the stuff you need to carry with you to the store and see if it fits in and see how it looks.

Another vote for a crossbody. Access is so much easier than a backpack, and I am not accidentally whacking people nearby.

I too use the Kipling waist pack. It's convertible to a crossbody. I used the small Coach crossbody a few times but like the waist pack best. Sometimes I just swing it over my shoulder anyway.

I would love to just carry a crossbody phone holder, but I like to carry a small pack of Wet Ones, a tiny ziploc of Tylenol, a small pack of tissues, my Disney Visa card for the benefits, my compact and lip balm, a small disposable poncho for Kali River, and my iPhone (mostly as a camera). I have a LifeProof case for my phone so I don't worry about it getting wet.

I have two daughters, ages 11 and 13, and they now carry their own stuff in a waist pack, like their iPods, Wet Ones, and autograph books, etc.

I dream of going bag-free one day but I don't see how.

Neither, we go with as little as possible. I carry my phone, my glasses on a chain around my neck, hat on head, sunglasses on head, a little cash, ID and CC in my pocket. Same with my son. MB on my arm, or in the case of the new ones, on a carabiner attached to a belt loop. If I'm wearing a dress or my pants have no belt loops or too small pockets (women's clothes just are silly) I wear a sort of running belt under my shirt (or dress) with just the cash/ID/cc in it and carry my phone through security then go to the bathroom and pull it over my dress leave it under my shirt down around my waist. https://www.amazon.com/Eazymate-Fas...w0&pd_rd_wg=SmDFW&refRID=GFWBMY4YW6T30Z0KCREA. I have worn it over my dress through security and the guard actually made me go through bag check because I had my cash/cc/ID in a small thin wallet that you could see the outline of. Too funny seeing me shimmy out of it and handing it the bag check man, he looked at me like I was crazy and waved me through.

I just bought this in grey from eBay.

IMG_3708.PNG
I removed the patch with a seam ripper and sewed on a Mickey Mouse club patch in order to Disney the bag up a bit. It's small but I don't carry much. My cell phone, glasses, hand sanitizer, travel size sunscreen, lip balm and some pre-cut moleskin.

I prefer the sling backpack. The easy access of a fanny pack but the comfort (and appearance :P) of a backpack.

I may be out of fashion, but I wear a waistpack. I can't stand having my back sweat with a backpack and I don't like having a strap cross my front. I carry a small one with all of my essentials for the day.

Back sweat like this? lol

I also wear a fanny pack. Mine is relatively "cool" looking and can also be worn as a crossbody if you extend the strap. (I prefer to wear it around my waist because I have a large chest and the strap drives me nuts.) I know some may argue that they are always awful looking, but even my teenagers and DH don't mind wearing this one on occasion. (It's not the one in the photo. That was the ugly but functional one we had first.)

Attachments

• Disney MK 2012-045.JPG
    Disney MK 2012-045.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 17
I have done backpacks, totes, and cross body bags. It really depends on what I am carrying on what type of bag I bring. I am thinking a belt bag would work best, but I have not found one I could buy that I actually would want to use.

I have plans to make my own, but unless I get my act together soon, I am going to have to use one of my cross body bags next month. I just have to find a wristlet or smaller purse that works and then I can put loops on it and run a belt through it.

Backpack, definitely. Can hold a lot more if needed and easy to slip off and back on. But we will be getting fannypacks for our Halloween costumes.

i find a sling bag to be useful. throw all the clutter, like brochures and others, with one sling, you can roll it to the front or back. and there are travel versions that are cut proof and pickpocket proof - not as much of an issue in these resorts, but in case you take the same bag to travel elsewhere, same a destination of a disney cruise.
https://www.amazon.com/Pacsafe-Vent...7441011&psd=1&keywords=travel+sling+bag+slash

ultimately, you are traveling, you are never going to see most people again. it doesn't matter if you wear a clown suit. no one would care... just be comfortable and secure and safe.

DH and I each have the Perfect Set of Cargo pants and sport utility button-up shirts with a million pockets each. What bag?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter