Bad news

How awful for you both.
I agree-earlier notification would have been the first appropriate step from Disney..
A honeymoon suite is quite a specific style of vacation to book.
as others have suggested-look for alternative higher grade rooms & if they are available:
They then become your choices.
The key being YOUR choices.

Club level at least is my recommended option.

Or, take a refund and book elsewhere off property.

I would see if there is ANYTHING available at Poly or another resort of your choice. If it is deluxe, I would ask for club level access, even if the room you occupy itself is not "club level", they can arrange it so that your magic band works for the elevator/secure door. I would also ask for other compensation---a few free nights, MANY extra fastpasses, comp'ed dinner, etc. At the very least, if there were any hard to get reservations you were not able to secure, they should be able to make it happen.

I'm assuming you didn't book through a TA? I used to be one and had things like this happen and thank goodness for our Disney sales rep - she could make things magically become available.

If I was the OP I would ask for a bungalow at the Poly or a nice theme park room w/concierge and a refund of the price difference. They'll find something for you and I'm sure it will all work out.

I completely understand how disappointed you are. This is a special trip and I'm sure expensive. I would continue to press the issue also, they could have called you 10 days ago and at least give you a heads up. Maybe something was available then? Can you possibly re book for another time? I know with the kids and jobs etc it's easier said than done. Good luck!

My husband and I booked a honeymoon suite at the Poly, we have never stayed in a honeymoon suite, even on our honeymoon, we NEVER, ever get away alone, without our 3 kids and we are heading there NOW. We have been planning and planning, ready to go.......we are going to have a magical time......AND, this happens....
a call this morning, saying our suite is not available, due to mechanical issues.....
there are no other honeymoon suites available on property. They want to send us to contemporary, but its our least favorite deluxe......we actually really dislike it
I know there are bigger problems, then not getting our suite, but this opportunity probably will never come up again. I am so sad and want to cry. Trying to keep things in positive perspective. Has anyone experienced something wrong with resort room? What did Disney do? Please help, send magical vibes.....so disappointed.
What ended up happening to you OP?

Hi everyone.
First of all I felt this entire experience I had some DIS friends along the was. So thank you. When we spoke with the manager there was absolutely nothing.
When we mention. Getting a refund, he surpringly and magically for something at boardwalk facing parking lot.
We called general reservations and the 2 woman I talked to, TRIED their hardest for us. We were on the phone for an hour and a half.
There was nothing available. So, we are at CR, making the absolute best of it.
The suite is beautiful but more like a family suite that's oversized in garden wing facing parking lot and lake view.
No fast passes No free dinner
No gift basket.
Enjoying my time with my husband.
Again thank you for all the advise. Did ask for room at Cinderellas, the lady said if she could she would. Haha.

Hope you are able to enjoy your trip! It wouldn't hurt to follow up with an email to guest services. Hopefully they are at least discounting your stay-if not, I would follow up with that on site.

Hi everyone.
First of all I felt this entire experience I had some DIS friends along the was. So thank you. When we spoke with the manager there was absolutely nothing.
When we mention. Getting a refund, he surpringly and magically for something at boardwalk facing parking lot.
We called general reservations and the 2 woman I talked to, TRIED their hardest for us. We were on the phone for an hour and a half.
The suite is beautiful but more like a family suite that's oversized in garden wing facing parking lot and lake view.
No gift basket.
Again thank you for all the advise. Did ask for room at Cinderellas, the lady said if she could she would. Haha.

Hi everyone.
No gift basket.

Make sure to follow up with guest relations, either while there or after and let them know of your experience. If you do it while there, you may get some pixie dust. I really like the guest relations folks at Epcot...they helped my mom and I out in February and were super great.

Hi everyone.
No gift basket.

I usually can see both sides to a story but not this time. While I understand that problems occur that may leave a specific room out of inventory, there should be something available as a substitution that meets the needs of both parties. This "solution" only meets Disney's needs.

I know you have spent a good deal of time on this already, but if you could spare a bit more I would insist on guest services getting involved. I suggest that you be ready to detail what you booked and expected, and what you wound up with, and why this room is a disappointment, I suspect that there were other options that Disney management could have offered you, that while not what you wanted, would have provided more of a honeymoon suite vibe than what you have. AS others have pointed out, a bungalow or villa, CL at the Grand are just a few of the options that could have been offered.

As it stands, you did not even get and "I'm sorry" gift, not even a FP. I believe that kind of good will gesture matters, and the manager dropped that ball as well. Tell GS that you did not expect a monetary gesture, but the change was clearly not satisfactory for you, and you had to lose a great deal of time for that concession from the manager, so you woudl have appreciated a small gesture that acknowledged that your time was valuable, and your expectations were respected.

Good luck

I agree that you should contact guest relations while you are there. While I am understanding that maintenance issues can sometimes necessitate a change, I don't feel Disney offered an alternative which was equal to what you had originally booked. Was all of this negotiating done over the phone? Did you talk to management in person once you arrived? I would ask to speak to a manager at the resort and relay your disappointment in how this was handled. When you are talking to someone over the phone, it is someone in a call center. If you have the time, I'd even suggest going to the Poly and asking to speak to the manager there in person.

I'm usually not a complainer and I go with the flow for most everything in life. I try not to let things upset me that I can't change BUT this would have me upset.

I'm a mom. It can be hard to getaway and when you've planned a trip (any trip, not just WDW) and booked the perfect room and they stick you with something, which IMO, is not on the same level. It's not cool. You booked a honeymoon suite. Not any regular room.

I would email guest relations also.

Good luck OP and enjoy your time away!

OP I would not be happy at all with the outcome you have currently experienced. I feel sure there is a club level room with a view or some sort of suite sitting empty. I don't care if it is usually more expensive, that is on Disney. I can't stand the CR and neither can my DH. There is nothing about that place that says romantic getaway. I'd be furious.

I've heard of people getting a free dining plan for just a view change. They should do something for you. I would talk to a manager when you get there.

I agree that you should contact guest relations while you are there. While I am understanding that maintenance issues can sometimes necessitate a change, I don't feel Disney offered an alternative which was equal to what you had originally booked. Was all of this negotiating done over the phone? Did you talk to management in person once you arrived? I would ask to speak to a manager at the resort and relay your disappointment in how this was handled. When you are talking to someone over the phone, it is someone in a call center. If you have the time, I'd even suggest going to the Poly and asking to speak to the manager there in person.

I would do this too. However keeping in mind that with the hurricane and everything that took place, Disney seems to be pretty booked up. I would press on the issue too, but it is possible that there are no upgraded rooms or villas to move the OP to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter