Bad news

I would do this too. However keeping in mind that with the hurricane and everything that took place, Disney seems to be pretty booked up. I would press on the issue too, but it is possible that there are no upgraded rooms or villas to move the OP to.

Perhaps not, but from the post, it sees like the manager had no empathy for this couple. I know that there may not be the rooms available that are open during "slow" seasons, but it seems to me that the manager could have tried to mitigate the disappointment, and he did not. It costs nothing to offer a few fast passes, or a ticket to the party. Something that indicated that the management understood that the couple had a bit of a loss in their expectation.

AND the pixie dust just keeps on evaporating
SO, I have been back and fourth with MY IPO and set up something beautiful for Jason after dinner tonight (at citricos). Confirmed everything this am for Disney Floral to come after 7.
$407 and my excitement crushed.
Jason and I in room about to start getting ready and a knock on the door. Yup, you guessed it, sweet Joshua from floral and gifts setting up here at 515. I started crying. Poor Joshua I think was more upset then me.

SO, I have been back and fourth with MY IPO and set up something beautiful for Jason after dinner tonight (at citricos). Confirmed everything this am for Disney Floral to come after 7.
Jason and I in room about to start getting ready and a knock on the door. Yup, you guessed it, sweet Joshua from floral and gifts setting up here at 515. I started crying. Poor Joshua I think was more upset then me.

Okay....this confirms it....you are meant to have memories from this trip for a long time. You cannot help but start to laugh now.....because well....you knwo the alternative!

Perhaps not, but from the post, it sees like the manager had no empathy for this couple. I know that there may not be the rooms available that are open during "slow" seasons, but it seems to me that the manager could have tried to mitigate the disappointment, and he did not. It costs nothing to offer a few fast passes, or a ticket to the party. Something that indicated that the management understood that the couple had a bit of a loss in their expectation.

Definitely! Which is why I said I would press the issue too. Even if there are no upgraded rooms or villas to move the OP to, they should do something!

What and where are the "cottages "at Boardwalk?

I think they mean the villas.

No, there are Garden suites/cottages at the Boardwalk Inn, on the Inside on the ground floor near the quiet pool. My Dh and I stayed in one this past January. I think there 12 or 14 of them? You walk in to a living area that has a half bathroom, then you go upstairs to a bedroom with a full bath, including a large soaking tub. They are considered part of the club level.

ETA: Post number 4 of this thread explains more https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...n-and-questions-thread.3344344/#post-52514679

I think they mean the villas.

There are Garden Cottages at the Boardwalk Inn. I've seen them advertised as honeymoon cottages though I could see a small young family staying in one.

They are adorable! They have front yards with picket fences and each one has its own special birdhouse. They have two floors with a loft. Google image them. Super cute and would have been great for the OP.

To the OP--next time you want a suite at Disney, call the Swan & Dolphin resort. ;) It would be a long, long time before I'd be staying in a Disney resort if I were you.

That sucks OP. I hope things start to turn around for you soon. I cannot imagine spending as much money as you must have spent for the service that you are getting. I guess that's the gamble though when you book with Disney. :(

I really feel for you. I hate when something like that happens. It's even more crushing when it's a surprise for someone else. In light of all that has happened, I hope that something special happens for you later in your trip. It's too much time, money, and effort to spend planning a vacation for stuff like that to happen to you.

OMG that's a crazy mess-up. For that much money too.

That Disney Florist service stinks IMO. I ordered a Father's Day gift one year for my husband as a surprise and it got all lost and buried in the convention center and I had to go dig it out. Took me over an hour to find it. I would never use them again.

No, there are Garden suites/cottages at the Boardwalk Inn, on the Inside on the ground floor near the quiet pool. My Dh and I stayed in one this past January. I think there 12 or 14 of them? You walk in to a living area that has a half bathroom, then you go upstairs to a bedroom with a full bath, including a large soaking tub. They are considered part of the club level.

ETA: Post number 4 of this thread explains more https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...n-and-questions-thread.3344344/#post-52514679

There are Garden Cottages at the Boardwalk Inn. I've seen them advertised as honeymoon cottages though I could see a small young family staying in one.

They are adorable! They have front yards with picket fences and each one has its own special birdhouse. They have two floors with a loft. Google image them. Super cute and would have been great for the OP.

To the OP--next time you want a suite at Disney, call the Swan & Dolphin resort. ;) It would be a long, long time before I'd be staying in a Disney resort if I were you.

Oh my gosh, they are adorable!

Definitely! Which is why I said I would press the issue too. Even if there are no upgraded rooms or villas to move the OP to, they should do something!

Oh my goodness, I just looked at those cute cottages and I really wish I could advocate for the op! I would love to try to negotiate one of thise for them. I really pretty good at what I do.

These are so cute! I have my son and his girlfriend booked into one for there upcoming Dec. trip. They only sleep two and the king sized bed is upstairs in all of them so a little to much stair climbing for this old girl but for a young couple I think they are lovely. There is just no way I am climbing a set of stairs every night to make it to my bedroom after all day hiking around Disney, but this way I get to see photos of the room without all the effort.

I would do this too. However keeping in mind that with the hurricane and everything that took place, Disney seems to be pretty booked up. I would press on the issue too, but it is possible that there are no upgraded rooms or villas to move the OP to.
Oh yes. I'm aware of how booked up they are right now with everyone who rescheduled due to Irma. We were there during Irma and benefited from all the cancellations. But I was thinking Disney should have offered a little something else to make up for the room. At a minimum, send a bottle of champagne and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. Maybe comp a meal. Maybe throw in some anytime fastpasses. And with the mixup regarding the floral delivery, I think they should refund some of what the OP paid. Just as a gesture of goodwill.

At this point, I'm afraid I'd be asking for a refund from Disney for the rest of my stay and taking my $ to the Four Seasons (or similar) as suggested up-thread. It seems the Disney magic is not working this time. I know the saying is usually three strikes and you're out, but I don't think I'd have the patience to wait for strike number 3 on a might never happen again, romantic, belated honeymoon-ish getaway. I love WDW and definitely enjoy staying in the bubble, but the stakes for our trips are typically not as high as yours is this time. In this case, I think I'd want to salvage what I could and try to have a romantic vacation elsewhere. I am so, so sorry your trip has had such a rough start.

I'm so sorry, I hate it when things don't work out the way we planned. I'll send up a prayer for you and your hubby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter