Basic Magic Bands?

You should be able to do that through MDE with a booked reservation. I'm not sure you can get the solids without a reservation.

They have not been available on Shop Disney for a while. If you are staying onsite you can often purchase them through MyDisneyExperience.

They should also be available at WDW once you get there.

Last time I checked on my MDE, there weren't any plain color MB available for "discounted price" with my reservation. There used to be a few colors for $10, now I only see fancy designs for $20+, or a Magic Band Plus, for even more. I would love to think this means they would start giving basic ones for free again if you stay at a resort, but I'm not that naive. They want you to spend more money and buy the fancy ones.

Thanks everyone. I'll do more searching. I need this band for an August trip and I will be there in March so I can hope to find one then. We had a trip planned for 2021 that we had to cancel and at the time my grandson would have been under 3 so we didn't get him a band. However, we did get my granddaughter a plain one. If we have to get him a fancy one, of course she'll need one too. So many things I'd rather spend the money on!

I ordered MB's for our trip in January today. The only "plain" regular MB was a silver sparkly one for $15. There were no solid colors except for MB+. I should have ordered them earlier.

I wonder if it’s possible to recycle magic bands… As in, buy them used from someone, or reuse ones from a family member’s former visit, and get ask Disney to transfer a new identity into the old band?

It just seems really really wrong to have to pay $55 just to get a ride/room/shopping band.

I wonder if it’s possible to recycle magic bands… As in, buy them used from someone, or reuse ones from a family member’s former visit, and get ask Disney to transfer a new identity into the old band?

It just seems really really wrong to have to pay $55 just to get a ride/room/shopping band.
I have read here of MBs being transferred by GR from one person to another, but the circumstances were very unusual.

The Key to the World card is free and works the same for ride/room/shopping as the MB does.

The selection of regular MBs online is horrible. There are tons of them in the parks and Disney Springs.

The Key to the World card is free and works the same for ride/room/shopping as the MB does.
Thank you so much for responding. Would having a Key To The World in your pocket also trigger MemoryMaker photos to get assigned to your account?

I just checked them on MDE and there are several plain color bands (not +)

Pink, purple, black, navy, olive green.....definitely not many. $10 pre arrival price

I just checked them on MDE and there are several plain color bands (not +)

Pink, purple, black, navy, olive green.....definitely not many. $10 pre arrival price
Those will go quickly. They don't seem to keep plain ones stocked regularly.

We were in the same boat as @emily nicole when we ordered last week. There was only the silver sparkling one and the ones featuring lands ie liberty square tomorrow land etc. ended up with all MagicBand+ and since you have to charge these we will not be leaving them in our Owners Locker

Thank you so much for responding. Would having a Key To The World in your pocket also trigger MemoryMaker photos to get assigned to your account?
Unfortunately, no. The PhotoPass photographer can scan the KTTW card, and you can tap it at rides that have that option, but having it in your pocket won’t link long-distance ride photos such as SDMT.

But if you turn on your phone’s Bluetooth and set MDE as allowed to use it, long-distance ride photos will link to your account.

I know Magic Bands aren't free any longer, but can you still purchase the solid color basic bands? I looked on Shop Disney and I'm only seeing the Plus bands.

Thanks!
Same-even on My Disney Experience for an upcoming trip at WDW Resort stay-the ones offered for a special discount in advance of the trip are only the new + ones and cost at least $24.99 (except for 1 MagicBand 2 for Gaston and another for Up, $20 each).

This might sound like a good price compared to the Shop Disney prices, but, supposedly, one could get these for $10 not too long ago; and this makes a huge difference for my party of 5-7.

We were in the same boat as @emily nicole when we ordered last week. There was only the silver sparkling one and the ones featuring lands ie liberty square tomorrow land etc. ended up with all MagicBand+ and since you have to charge these we will not be leaving them in our Owners Locker
Do you have to charge the MagicBand 2? I see a couple of those. I never used them before (last visit was 2013; headed there in late April with my family).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter