*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Maybe with so many room and view categories, it would be impossible to tell if they were taking floors out of service over a period of time since there's still so many rooms available.
I think this may be it. At BWV it was pretty obvious when ALL BW view villas were blocked from booking, because their plan was to work on the entire wing as opposed to just one floor. At BLT maybe one floor at a time makes more sense.

That was my hope and inference as well, but just looking around at BLT availability I don't know if there's any way to guess when it will be starting?

I would think that top down (which is what VGF did) would make sense as compared to BWV's blocking off of wings (we stayed there right before that started).

Maybe with so many room and view categories, it would be impossible to tell if they were taking floors out of service over a period of time since there's still so many rooms available.
Two wishes:
1- when checking availability, it would be nice to have an indication of how many rooms in that category are available (even an approximation such as 50% if rooms in this category are booked/available).

2- that Member Services could provide info on if and when rooms are taken out of inventory for the refurbishments.

Two wishes:
1- when checking availability, it would be nice to have an indication of how many rooms in that category are available (even an approximation such as 50% if rooms in this category are booked/available).

2- that Member Services could provide info on if and when rooms are taken out of inventory for the refurbishments.
I can't imagine that they'd be willing to do that, given how quickly inventory can change with online booking, WLs and the like, and also how every refurbishment has not gone exactly on schedule. I was quite pleasantly surprised at the VGF refurb, and quietly and quickly they did it, but that was a much smaller building. I think it would be human nature to have certain expectations once there's more info out there, and then to be disappointed if those expectations aren't met or beaten. (I too would love the information, but I'm not holding out much hope - was just wondering if anyone had heard any scuttlebutt)

Since the refurbishment has been moved to late 2024 into 2025 the thought occurred to me that it's about the time that the Poly Tower will open. That would provide rooms where guests could be moved during refurbishment if something like rooms didn't get completed when expected.

Since the refurbishment has been moved to late 2024 into 2025 the thought occurred to me that it's about the time that the Poly Tower will open. That would provide rooms where guests could be moved during refurbishment if something like rooms didn't get completed when expected.
Oooh, and what a great sales tool!

I had a BWV studio booked for Labor Day weekend, but kept looking for other availability daily because it’s just what I do. I don’t know why, but I just like to see what resort changes I could make IF I wanted to. Anyways, I was so excited to see that BLT became available that entire weekend and I switched it. I know BLT needs an update and they are supposed to be starting on it soon, but I still love staying there since we are big MK people. The short walk and low points can’t be beat! I love VGF the most and we have two contracts there, but it costs more points than everywhere else. When we first bought there, we planned on going twice a year for 5 nights mainly at VGF. Then the AP sales returned…and our priorities changed. Now the goal is more visits that are 3-4 nights and using less points per visit.

We're looking at doing a big extended family trip next year and I'm very surprised to see what a relative bargain the BLT grand villas are! They appear to be cheaper than most of the other newer resorts (CCV, RIV, VGF) and just a bit more than many of the other resorts (about 10/15% more than BWV, SSR, AKV where other room categories are closer to 20-25% higher). We had been thinking we would reserve at BLT (where we have the most home resort points) and then look at switching to CCV because normally it's a small savings over BLT and we can stretch our points there. Was surprised to see we're actually better off staying at BLT (Lake View- but that's the same view you'll get from a CCV Grand Villa)!

Am I missing something? Why were GV allocations relatively modest here?

We're looking at doing a big extended family trip next year and I'm very surprised to see what a relative bargain the BLT grand villas are! They appear to be cheaper than most of the other newer resorts (CCV, RIV, VGF) and just a bit more than many of the other resorts (about 10/15% more than BWV, SSR, AKV where other room categories are closer to 20-25% higher). We had been thinking we would reserve at BLT (where we have the most home resort points) and then look at switching to CCV because normally it's a small savings over BLT and we can stretch our points there. Was surprised to see we're actually better off staying at BLT (Lake View- but that's the same view you'll get from a CCV Grand Villa)!

Yep, you're on the right track. We went through this thought process last May for our youngest high school graduation. Booked the 3 bedroom grand villa for 6 nights with a lake view but ended up turning into a partial theme park view. Love the theme park view but for the points the lake view is lovely as well.

The only thing I can think of as to why the points are cheaper for BLT 3 bedroom villas is because there are 14. Yes 14 3 bedroom villas, so unlike most of the other resorts they have the rooms to book. But that's just my guess.

Loved our stay at BLT by the way and I think you would as well.

Good luck!

You're right. We usually spend 7-10 nights each year in the 3BRs.

They are a great point value, but let's keep that to ourselves. :ssst::D

Got me to thinking about which resorts have the most 3 bedroom villas:

36 Saratoga Springs
27 Old Key West
21 Aulani
16 Animal Kingdom Kidani
14 Bay Lake
9 (12) Riviera

Then goes down greatly from here.

Got me to thinking about which resorts have the most 3 bedroom villas:

36 Saratoga Springs
27 Old Key West
21 Aulani
16 Animal Kingdom Kidani
14 Bay Lake
9 (12) Riviera

Then goes down greatly from here.
Of these, only Aulani and Riviera have the single level 3BRs! Which means there are very few of those generally.

For those wondering what order the refurb will happen: I went back through old posts from the 2016 soft refurb, and found out that (according to a cast member asked at the time) renovation started on floor 12 and worked down, then would move to the top floors. Someone reported staying on floor 5 when that floor was being rehabbed and the work started on the south-facing section. The guest was in a theme park view room and their room hadn't been done yet. Of course, this might not be the plan for the next refurb, but that was the order in 2016.

I'm not sure if links work in this group, but here's a link to the FB discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/baylake/permalink/10157251682135454

We are owners at BWV and BLT. While I am excited that both of my resorts are getting some refurb love - I am nervous about what to expect at BLT now that we have seen the blandness of the BWV renovation. I hope BLT retains some of its unique character in the refurbishment.

Looking at staying here in a two bedroom the 1st week of September. Any idea when refurb begins? Think I should book somewhere else to avoid all the construction? Thanks

Looking at staying here in a two bedroom the 1st week of September. Any idea when refurb begins? Think I should book somewhere else to avoid all the construction? Thanks
I would book either way. Refurb probably starts in Fall/Winter but imagine most of the construction goes under radar as it probably is a floor at a time. Maybe some noise above or below but imagine this is pretty contained compared to other renos.

We are owners at BWV and BLT. While I am excited that both of my resorts are getting some refurb love - I am nervous about what to expect at BLT now that we have seen the blandness of the BWV renovation. I hope BLT retains some of its unique character in the refurbishment.
This is exactly how my wife and I feel. The character is slowly being stripped out for the bland monotony of similar room configurations and styles. While I hope for a pull down bed over a sofa-couch, I am hoping for a tasteful renovation.

We do not like some of the bathroom configurations of 1BR rooms in many of the resorts (like Beach club 1br's) and truly hope our saving grace is that they wont be able to move the plumbing around in a cost effective way.

My wife also loves the current tubs in the 1BR BLT rooms but based on history elsewhere, we have no hope they will remain in a similar fashion. The new tubs have much steeper sides and make it much tougher to use as an adult who likes a tub versus a shower.

Getting rid of the hole in the wall between the tub and the bedroom isn't a big deal.

Lastly, I truly hope they stay as quiet as they are currently. These may be some of the quietest rooms in all of WDW.

This is exactly how my wife and I feel. The character is slowly being stripped out for the bland monotony of similar room configurations and styles. While I hope for a pull down bed over a sofa-couch, I am hoping for a tasteful renovation.

We do not like some of the bathroom configurations of 1BR rooms in many of the resorts (like Beach club 1br's) and truly hope our saving grace is that they wont be able to move the plumbing around in a cost effective way.

My wife also loves the current tubs in the 1BR BLT rooms but based on history elsewhere, we have no hope they will remain in a similar fashion. The new tubs have much steeper sides and make it much tougher to use as an adult who likes a tub versus a shower.

Getting rid of the hole in the wall between the tub and the bedroom isn't a big deal.

Lastly, I truly hope they stay as quiet as they are currently. These may be some of the quietest rooms in all of WDW.
I don't think they change the bathroom layouts. Beach Club, SSR, BW, Boulder Ridge were all built with the same floor plan. BLT doesn't even have square rooms, so they couldn't change to that other layout anyway. But those other ones weren't changed, they were just built similarly. (Thankfully, because I don't like that bathroom layout either!)

Question for the seasoned BLT's!! My future son-in-law just got his first reservation with BLT for a studio for 4 adults - queen bed and pullout couch - how tight is the couch for 2 adults? Wondering if he should keep trying for another location.... thoughts?

Question for the seasoned BLT's!! My future son-in-law just got his first reservation with BLT for a studio for 4 adults - queen bed and pullout couch - how tight is the couch for 2 adults? Wondering if he should keep trying for another location.... thoughts?
The couch is a double bed size. How tight it will be is dependent on what the adults are used to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter