*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Hi all. I have a upcoming reservation at BLT in Dec which we are renting DVC points. Do we get access to the Top of the World Lounge since we are staying on rented DVC points? We are not DVC members so I am assuming no... Thank you

Hi all. I have an upcoming reservation at BLT in Dec which we are renting DVC points. Do we get access to the Top of the World Lounge since we are staying on rented DVC points? We are not DVC members so I am assuming no... Thank you
I believe it is only for DVC direct members.

Hi all. I have an upcoming reservation at BLT in Dec which we are renting DVC points. Do we get access to the Top of the World Lounge since we are staying on rented DVC points? We are not DVC members so I am assuming no... Thank you
As above, you’re correct that you will not have access to TOTWL.

Thanks for the info. I had a family remember check out today from BLT and she said they were on the sixth floor lake view side and the past several days when they were in their room they could hear this loud music playing all day into the evening when they were in the room. She said they faced the pool but no one was swimming and don’t know where this music was coming from.

In general what time are rooms coming available at check in these days? I know the official line is "after 4," but curious what people are acting experiencing. We've got a 2bd in May.

In March and August, we arrived a little before 4 and the room was ready. In October, we arrived a little before 4 and room wasn’t ready until 4:45. October was a busy time with MNSSHP. Front desk will do their best to get you a room once they know you’ve arrived and are waiting.

Just got back last night after a nice 5 night stay. I asked for an upper floor and near the elevator and got both requests. We were on the outside facing the Wilderness Lodge and the Tower. We could even see part of Main St and the train station. Ate at Steakhouse 71 twice. Once for breakfast and for dinner and both were really good. Also ate at the Contempo Cafe and it was really good too.

Just got back last night after a nice 5 night stay. I asked for an upper floor and near the elevator and got both requests. We were on the outside facing the Wilderness Lodge and the Tower. We could even see part of Main St and the train station. Ate at Steakhouse 71 twice. Once for breakfast and for dinner and both were really good. Also ate at the Contempo Cafe and it was really good too.
Great to hear you had a nice time and that your requests were accommodated. We always enjoy SH 71, the food is usually excellent and the service even better. It's an underrated dining option in my opinion.

I don’t know why some people are so down on BLT. It’s one of my favorites. I can’t wait for the refurb.
I think people are down on it because the resort is rooms are needing an update with the newest pull down beds and updated technology like USB charging ports. One thing that those that complain forget the number one rule in real estate is location, location, location. In my opinion, BLT has the best location as we love the Magic Kingdom plus the location for boarding the monorail in the contemporary.

I think people are down on it because the resort is rooms are needing an update with the newest pull down beds and updated technology like USB charging ports. One thing that those that complain forget the number one rule in real estate is location, location, location. In my opinion, BLT has the best location as we love the Magic Kingdom plus the location for boarding the monorail in the contemporary.
Yup, totally agree. We own at Bay Lake and just returned from a trip to the Villas Disneyland Hotel where we also own as well. Both locations have a similar ease of walking access to the parks and also the monorails. Having stayed at VDH, here's hoping the hard refurbishment goes well for BLT. I'm not wanting a complete VDH Disney retheme brought to BLT but something on par with VDH contemporary aesthetic would be nice. Fingers crossed....

Last edited:
Any updates on its refurbishment schedule?
This is my question too.

Since the DVC meeting where "2025" was mentioned I feel like there was some chatter about whether that meant "not starting until 2025" or "not finishing until 2025". Either way it's a pushback from what we'd thought last year.

This is my question too.

Since the DVC meeting where "2025" was mentioned I feel like there was some chatter about whether that meant "not starting until 2025" or "not finishing until 2025". Either way it's a pushback from what we'd thought last year.
I thought it was supposed to start in 2024 and be completed in 2025. I know we’ve talked about this but it seems that refurbishing a tower is challenging.

I thought it was supposed to start in 2024 and be completed in 2025. I know we’ve talked about this but it seems that refurbishing a tower is challenging.
That was my hope and inference as well, but just looking around at BLT availability I don't know if there's any way to guess when it will be starting?

I would think that top down (which is what VGF did) would make sense as compared to BWV's blocking off of wings (we stayed there right before that started).

Maybe with so many room and view categories, it would be impossible to tell if they were taking floors out of service over a period of time since there's still so many rooms available.

I wonder if it is better to start on a top floor and work down or a bottom floor and work up?

Or if it it doesn’t matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter