*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Group poll: "Would you rather... stay in studio theme park view or 1 bedroom standard view for 5-6 nights?"

Situation includes 2 flexible parents, a 4 year old and a 1 year old. Girls

Struggling to validate point cost still and value.... the question was posed before but someone please just tell me the correct answer!!!

Group poll: "Would you rather... stay in studio theme park view or 1 bedroom standard view for 5-6 nights?"

Struggling to validate point cost still and value.... the question was posed before but someone please just tell me the correct answer!!!
With 2 adults and 2 small children - the 1BR. No question.

With 2 adults and 2 small children - the 1BR. No question.
Maybe it helps to say I have stayed in studios 12-16 times and once in a 2 bed. Toddler has done studio 3 times with us but adding that extra 1 year old next time. You still think that it's that important? Giving up theme park view too? That's the tempting part.... less points and better view but appreciate your honesty.

Think we will move to a 1 bedroom at BR or BWV for last portion of trip so that's nice for laundry late in trip at least.

1BR. You will not look back once you see how nice it is to have all that space.

Unless you're really barely going to be in the room, but with two littles I doubt it

1 bedroom for sure! Honestly we really liked the lake view plus with the one bedroom you get the washer and dryer.

@hilltopper152, I agree with above - the 1BR. With a 1 year old, I’d rather have in-room laundry available at all times, not to mention the full size fridge and real freezer for food and snacks. Our family has always done better with one parent fixing/feeding kids breakfast while the other concentrates on getting ready!

Maybe it helps to say I have stayed in studios 12-16 times and once in a 2 bed. Toddler has done studio 3 times with us but adding that extra 1 year old next time. You still think that it's that important? Giving up theme park view too? That's the tempting part.... less points and better view but appreciate your honesty.

Think we will move to a 1 bedroom at BR or BWV for last portion of trip so that's nice for laundry late in trip at least.
Ultimately you know what can work for you. Part of the thing is that your Theme Park view studio might be only one floor above the standard view 1BR. The BLT studios living area is smaller than most as they put in the U-shaped kitchenette. It's nice but takes up part of the living area. Not certain what you are thinking of for sleeping arrangements with the toddler and the 1yo but if a pack n play is part of it then it gets even tighter. The bathroom is a nice size though.
If you go with the standard 1BR and want to try and see some fireworks from the room request an even numbered room, center or north side. The north side has the laundry and delivery loading area though so daytime views can be so-so but you'd have peeks of the lake to the right.

I would go with the 1BR. The studios at BLT are small. If you want a studio to save some points, I would look at the Poly or VGF. At VGF I prefer the Deluxe Studios. They are a traditional DVC studio. The resort studios are more like a standard hotel room with a microwave.

1BR without a second thought. Regardless of view, I would only entertain a studio if it was just DW and myself, and then it would have to be significantly cheaper.

Expanding on that, 1BRs have a 2nd bathroom, a full kitchen and in-suite laundry. These are all things I didn't know I wanted and now can't live without. With the 2 little girls, I would even request a 1st floor room for easy access to the pool. The view is over-rated.

Last edited:
@hilltopper152, I agree with above - the 1BR. With a 1 year old, I’d rather have in-room laundry available at all times, not to mention the full size fridge and real freezer for food and snacks. Our family has always done better with one parent fixing/feeding kids breakfast while the other concentrates on getting ready!
I know people cook on vacation and such but do you do it for fun or to save money. My wife and I thought we would do that one trip and quickly realized we were on vacation and told ourselves that made no sense. We use the fridge for small leftovers and milk mostly. We do not eat breakfast at all really and usually bars for the toddler but habits change and sure they will with the second kid arriving.

1BR without a second thought. Regardless of view, I would only entertain a studio if it was just DW and myself, and then it would have to be significantly cheaper.

Expanding on that, 1BRs have a 2nd bathroom, a full kitchen and in-suite laundry. These are all things I didn't know I wanted and now can't live without. With the 2 little girls, I would even request a 1st floor room for easy access to the pool. The view is over-rated.
Very helpful. We are not point rich. 185 used for a week trip a year so we always think points first to some extent and this time we have banked points so willing to splurge. That is why we almost certainly were going to use extra points to get into BWV or BRV at 7 months assuming 1 bedroom made that easier. Save points early to spend on the back end of our split stay as we always split trips.

I would go with the 1BR. The studios at BLT are small. If you want a studio to save some points, I would look at the Poly or VGF. At VGF I prefer the Deluxe Studios. They are a traditional DVC studio. The resort studios are more like a standard hotel room with a microwave.
We enjoyed our resort studio last time overall with the one kid but probably would pass and do poly this time if we do stick with a studio. Only reason I considered staying at BLT (home) was we be first people to see the new rooms in Sept 2024 but hard to know of course.

Ultimately you know what can work for you. Part of the thing is that your Theme Park view studio might be only one floor above the standard view 1BR. The BLT studios living area is smaller than most as they put in the U-shaped kitchenette. It's nice but takes up part of the living area. Not certain what you are thinking of for sleeping arrangements with the toddler and the 1yo but if a pack n play is part of it then it gets even tighter. The bathroom is a nice size though.
If you go with the standard 1BR and want to try and see some fireworks from the room request an even numbered room, center or north side. The north side has the laundry and delivery loading area though so daytime views can be so-so but you'd have peeks of the lake to the right.
This was great info and helps a lot. Yeah I liked the kitchenette well enough and yes we always use the crib option which has always been somewhat annoying in any studio layout but not horrible. We are easy to please mostly. Stroller parking and a more active 4 year old does sound a little stressful so we may lean away from getting the view. We like Lake view but it was not really a huge deal for anyone except me... I drink a glass of KY water some nights and watch the EWP.

Are any standard rooms high and do they tend to face the contemporary side exclusively? I dont mind looking back towards other resorts and the monorail. I guess view wise I want to see space mountain or the monorail this time around but not a deal breaker. Functional space is important.... do not want to spoil myself until I get a raise for more points lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter