Bay Lake Tower Studios

Jmmdls1

Earning My Ears
im getting ready to do my check in, are there any studios bigger than others that I should try to request, lake view. We are staying as a family of 4 and I know it will be tight, only for 2 nights though.

They are pretty much all the same size. The shape of the ones on the inside of the curve makes slightly less room in bedroom area and more in the bath and kitchen, so I'd ask for an even numbered (outside) room.

They are the smallest DVC studios in my opinion, we usually get a one bedroom so the BLT studio was an adjustment. With that said, it was no big deal, the kitchenette and bathroom areas were nice. And as you said, for 2 nights it won't be a problem.

The BLT studios are all the same. Only the 1 & 2 Bedrooms at BLT vary in size due to the shape of the building.

Resurrecting this thread.

I stayed in 8209 (inside of curve) last night, and 8208 (outside of curve) tonight.

These were the differences:
8209 has a 60" tv, while 8208 had a 37" tv. The space difference in 8208 was given over to a cabinet containing shelves.

8209 had the bath sink in a long counter in the kitchenette; this made the kitchenette seem larger. The two sinks, across from each other, was weird. 8208 had a small sink in the bath, and a counter in the back corner of the kitchenette.

8209 had a hand towel holder on the wall next to the bath sink. 8208 had no place, other than the shelves next to the sink, to hold the hand towel.

8208 has an awesome view of the MK to the left and water center and right. Blinds open to the views!

8209's view was of the pool to the left, and villa balconies center and right. We kept the blinds drawn to avoid our neighbors looking in.

8209 had the bath sink in a long counter in the kitchenette; this made the kitchenette seem larger. The two sinks, across from each other, was weird. 8208 had a small sink in the bath, and a counter in the back corner of the kitchenette.

wait. there are BLT studios that never got the renovation?? So 8209 had no sink in the bathroom? You had to go to the kitchen to wash your hands?

I stayed in 8209 (inside of curve) last night, and 8208 (outside of curve) tonight.

8209 has a 60" tv, while 8208 had a 37" tv. The space difference in 8208 was given over to a cabinet containing shelves.

8209 had a hand towel holder on the wall next to the bath sink. 8208 had no place, other than the shelves next to the sink, to hold the hand towel.

8208 has an awesome view of the MK to the left and water center and right. Blinds open to the views!

8209's view was of the pool to the left, and villa balconies center and right. We kept the blinds drawn to avoid our neighbors looking in.

8209 still has the kitchen bathroom sink? Those were supposed to all be changed years ago.

We stayed in 7908 over New Years. So, lake view in the same location, a couple floors down. That one was the standard studio layout as described in 8209 above.

Is 8209 a handicapped room? I didn't know any BLT studios were not remodeled. I also didn't know any of the studios were given the larger TV. I thought all of them had the small TV because of the bookcase cabinet.

They are pretty much all the same size. The shape of the ones on the inside of the curve makes slightly less room in bedroom area and more in the bath and kitchen, so I'd ask for an even numbered (outside) room.

I didn't know that some of the lake view rooms were on the outside of the curve. BLT newbie hoping to see the Electric Water Pagent.

I didn't know that some of the lake view rooms were on the outside of the curve. BLT newbie hoping to see the Electric Water Pagent.

There's quite a few of them. BLT is a giant C shape, so the upper floors on the top and bottom of the C are considered Lake View. TP view is mostly the center portion of the C.

Lake view rooms facing the marina (south side of BLT) can see the water pageant.

So if these rooms, 8209 & 7908 are regular studios why weren’t they remodeled with the revised bathroom in 2010. Has anyone ever asked DVC?

3rd floor. Lake view, studio. MAGNIFICENT view. Saw the water pageant every night!47689652_1989894247772399_1505330056644263936_o.jpg

So if these rooms, 8209 & 7908 are regular studios why weren’t they remodeled with the revised bathroom in 2010. Has anyone ever asked DVC?

Just so this doesn't get lost, has anyone else since 2011 stayed in a BLT studio that the kitchenette was not remodeled and it still has a bathroom sink in the kitchen?

Last edited:
Just for grins I asked downstairs today at BLT. I said I had heard that some studios may not have been modified with the sink in the bathroom. I was assured that all had been and all must be to “assure a consistent guest experience” across a given room type. I didn’t argue. This was from the “suited host/greeter” person mid lobby. I’m certainly not questioning @CraigInPA, just passing along what was said.

Just for grins I asked downstairs today at BLT. I said I had heard that some studios may not have been modified with the sink in the bathroom. I was assured that all had been and all must be to “assure a consistent guest experience” across a given room type. I didn’t argue. This was from the “suited host/greeter” person mid lobby. I’m certainly not questioning @CraigInPA, just passing along what was said.

Since you have stayed in one of the rooms that never had the bathroom remodeled, perhaps you should write DVC Member Satisfaction (dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com) and ask them why 8209 still has the bathroom sink in the kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter