Be Our Guest - do you prefer lunch or dinner?

I've had good experiences at lunch and dinner but prefer dinner due to it being less hectic and the beast is only present at dinner.

I've only done breakfast and lunch, but we LOVE lunch. The braised pork is on par with what you will find at a table service. Plus, we love to enjoy the A/C and put our feet up for a while in the middle of the day. There are a lot of people roaming around, but it really doesn't bother us. We usually sit in the gallery (?) room off to the right, which is a little quieter.

We have done the lunch probably 10 times :love:, the breakfast once (never again, yuck),and the dinner once (ok) ....so we love the lunch! We did the dinner to meet the Beast, but I found the food overpriced and I really love the food at lunch and sitting where you want.

We've done dinner twice and were unimpressed both times. This last time my chicken was so tough I couldn't cut it.. It was so rubbery that I literally could've dropped it on the ground and it would've bounced. Not to mention it was the second most expensive meal of our trip (behind only Tiffins) and we ate at least 2 TS meals a day (Spice Road Table, Tutto Italia, Tusker House, Yak and Yeti, Cape May breakfast, Garden Grill breakfast, Mama Melrose, Hollywood Brown Derby to name a few)

Plus the line to meet the beast was 30 minutes long.. after our dinner already took a little over an hour and a half.

I just think the place is way overrated and overpriced and the experience at dinner isn't much more special than lunch. Do lunch if you just want to see the castle.

We have done both many times, but very much prefer dinner. We've had some really good meals with excellent service at dinner. And you get to meet the Beast which is always a plus! The steak has been very good and the pork chop I had last time was melt in your mouth tender and delicious. Dinner is also quieter and not the busy cafeteria style dining of lunch.

Lunch was okay, and a better than average QS option, but after they changed my all time favorite sandwich I'm not sure we'll be going back. It's the only thing that really stood out for me.

After doing dinner last month I believe we are through with Be Our Guest. Reservations were ~20 mins behind. Service was horribly off.. Wife's pork was served way undercooked, side of fries = 5 fries..., veggie dish had little flavor, was hoping that dessert would redeem the meal but quickly realized that the delay was going to make us miss the fireworks so we called it. Paid nearly as much as Ohana the night before. Ohana was one of the highlights of the trip!

I need advice for someone who's going for dinner....because my group wants to. They're all super excited about it - I'm not. I had breakfast and thought it was blah and overpriced. It's at 9:45pm so I'm wondering if I should 1. Eat dinner somewhere else beforehand and just get a little dessert (can I even do that?) or 2. Skip it and tell them I'm just not into it?

We love the dinner there! We have been several times. Lunch was not nearly as special for us.

We have never done dinner there. The price is too high for me, and DD14 wouldn't like any of the food. But we love lunch, there! I love the braised pork and strawberry cupcake. DD14 usually only orders fries and a cupcake, but she really likes it. I could sit in the ballroom all day.

My favorite meal at BOG is dinner. I like the menu and service is great. Lunch is good but it doesn't have the same relaxed feel as dinner.

I only been to BOG once and it was for lunch which I enjoyed. I got the turkey sandwich with fries, drink and the masters cupcake which came up to be 24 dollars which is the same price is the breakfast. Anyway, I haven't heard that many great things about dinner other than the atmosphere and picture with the Beast. I am going to BOG for the second time this Saturday for lunch at 11:30 am.

Is it true that you can go in and meet the beast if you had breakfast or lunch there earlier that day?

We did both on our last trip...LOVED dinner, lunch not so much. Won't be doing lunch there again.

We prefer the food at dinner and book it at least once every trip. Most of my family doesn't care for the food or atmosphere at lunch, unless it is 100 degrees out and we just want a place to cool off.

We used to have dinner at BOG once a trip - my 6yo LOVES it. While we have never had lunch there, we liked the pace at dinner - sit down, actually get served. NEVER been frowned upon to look in the other rooms (and the first time we went, we were initially seated in the rose room and my ODD was too scared - they moved us to another room with no issues whatsoever). We actually enjoy the food although last time it was a bit salty for us.

Also - although individual entrees are expensive, there is no minimum charge. It's not like you are required to order an appetizer, entree and dessert.

Also also - the only place you can get adult beverages in the magic kingdom.

Yes, it's true that there are many restaurants nearby that have better food (e.g. California Grill, most TS restaurants at GF) but for a sit down dinner at MK it is probably the best. (I also like Skipper's Canteen, though I know many who disagree with me :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter