Be Our Guest frustration!

Really?? This surprises me. I think its just a fluke. Lol. :laughing:

I've had good success with it, just not with BOG ... yet. The other day, I had my phone in my hand when I received an email saying that an available time had been found. I immediately pulled up the MDE app to check availability, and it was already gone.

Keep trying. Everytime you get a notice and miss out, make sure you reset the request. It took me a lot of tries (I even missed out within 5 minutes of the notice) but eventually I was able to get the reservation. In fact, I put in another notification request because I didn't really care for the time and was able to snag a better time within two weeks, so I cancelled the original one. People do this all the time so you will eventually have some luck! Keep the faith and good luck! :)

Both Touringplans and Mouse dining are free, so really doesnt hurt to set up alerts.

I did snag a few reservations with them, especially the week and the day before.

I wanted a lunch at Sci-Fi on august 12 and I got an alert a few days ago, successfuly got the reservation. Then we changed plan and we wanted a dinner at Sci-Fi instead, so I set up an alert again. I did not receive an alert yet AND I found one randomly checking MDE on my computer this morning.

It's hit or miss.

Also, BOG is crazy. I even got an alert once with my phone in my hand, successfully press the "hours" I wanted, saw the page where you chose guest and once I hit next it was gone...

I've been able to get about 4 different ADRs using the reservation finder alerts from touring plans. Sometimes, I missed it, but I just restarted the search and got it later. Also, when you click thru from the text or email, it may say the reservation time is no longer available, but if you go back out into MDE and search it yourself, it will show up.

It happened to me when I got the alert for BOG. May not always be the case, but it's always good to double check!

I'm thinking, people are probably also looking for "better time" so if someone has a 4:30 BOG and wants a 5:00 BOG, gets it with the alerts, you might be able to snag thet 4:30 BOG instead? Who knows ;)

At this point (2 weeks out) I just keep my phone with me at all time!

The closer you get, the more likely you are to catch a cancellation. I'd check myself a few times every day if I were you.

@goofyintoronto My personal experience so far with Touring Plans has not been good. I've been hesitant to post and criticize it because so many posters here seem to be lucky with it.

Yes, it's free, but from the get-go, I had a devil of a time figuring out how to sign up for the free account. Nobody here mentioned that it was labeled as a "Test" or that you could have only 2 searches going at once.

I discovered through trial and error to use only my Email address. Texting doesn't seem to work. Also, this is on me, but if I have my phone on low power mode, I don't get new Emails right away.

TBH, it doesn't hurt to try using it, I guess, but I'm still checking myself for what I need, and twice now, I've gotten lucky, but I haven't gotten anything yet from the TP finder.

I've gotten so many ADRs with TP but I have been lucky enough to grab them within minutes each time.

Also: I have tried clicking through the email and it hasn't worked. It works best when I go into MDE and book it that way.

This is why i dont bother with touring plans. It doesnt work! Do you know how many people around the world could be checking for ADRs just like you? Its frustrating. By the time you search for the ADR, it'll be gone. You'll be doing yourself a huge favour by checking for ADRs on the disney site yourself.

I know it is not perfect, but it DOES work. I started a search last night. I missed a text while sleeping, then got a second text for a different time literally ten minutes ago and was able to book for a lunch. I had been checking in MDE and there was no availability.

This is why i dont bother with touring plans. It doesnt work! Do you know how many people around the world could be checking for ADRs just like you? Its frustrating. By the time you search for the ADR, it'll be gone. You'll be doing yourself a huge favour by checking for ADRs on the disney site yourself.

Really?? This surprises me. I think its just a fluke. Lol. :laughing:

It's worked for me every time I've used it unless I got the notification in the middle of the night while I was asleep. I used it to adjust my ADRs for Akershus (a PPO) and Ohana to more desirable times than what I was able to book on my own. The one for Akershus I had to wait about 4 months for, but I got it. I used it for a few other ADRs as well when DH changed his mind after booking what we originally wanted. My sister has also used it successfully.

I know it is not perfect, but it DOES work. I started a search last night. I missed a text while sleeping, then got a second text for a different time literally ten minutes ago and was able to book for a lunch. I had been checking in MDE and there was no availability.
Congratulations, im glad it worked for you. But had you kept checking MDE, you would have gotten an ADR eventually anyway. That's my point. Touring Plans use MDE to check ADRs for you. I'd rather go straight to MDE to check for myself. But thats just me.

It's worked for me every time I've used it unless I got the notification in the middle of the night while I was asleep. I used it to adjust my ADRs for Akershus (a PPO) and Ohana to more desirable times than what I was able to book on my own. The one for Akershus I had to wait about 4 months for, but I got it. I used it for a few other ADRs as well when DH changed his mind after booking what we originally wanted. My sister has also used it successfully.

I got several ADRs thanks to TP. You have to be really fast.

Congratulations...Im very happy for all of you. Im glad it worked out for you. For me, im not going to waste my time on that app when I can check myself. That's just what I prefer. I've had great success getting any ADR I want by simply being persistent and checking MDE on a regular basis. Getting notifications from TP in the middle of the night (for example) wont do me any good anyway because there's no way i'll be logging onto MDE at 3am checking for ADRs. Thats just not me.

Congratulations, im glad it worked for you. But had you kept checking MDE, you would have gotten an ADR eventually anyway. That's my point. Touring Plans use MDE to check ADRs for you. I'd rather go straight to MDE to check for myself. But thats just me.

Congratulations...Im very happy for all of you. Im glad it worked out for you. For me, im not going to waste my time on that app when I can check myself. That's just what I prefer. I've had great success getting any ADR I want by simply being persistent and checking MDE on a regular basis. Getting notifications from TP in the middle of the night (for example) wont do me any good anyway because there's no way i'll be logging onto MDE at 3am checking for ADRs. Thats just not me.

It's great for you you've got all day to keep checking MDE, but I don't, and I'm guessing most people don't, either. TP checks for you, and it checks for free. I don't know what "waste of time" you think using TP is. It's a waste of time to keep checking MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter