Be Our Guest frustration!

Congratulations...Im very happy for all of you. Im glad it worked out for you. For me, im not going to waste my time on that app when I can check myself. That's just what I prefer. I've had great success getting any ADR I want by simply being persistent and checking MDE on a regular basis. Getting notifications from TP in the middle of the night (for example) wont do me any good anyway because there's no way i'll be logging onto MDE at 3am checking for ADRs. Thats just not me.

Your time, your choice. Different strokes and all that. I just don't want people to think it doesn't work. I missed out on one alert when I first set it up, because I forgot about it and left my phone in my purse. It was 30 minutes later and too late by the time I saw it.

Personally, I think it's a great service. I don't have the time or patience to check MDE constantly. I still check on my own if I really want something, but I appreciate the res finder checking hourly for me.

This is why i dont bother with touring plans. It doesnt work! Do you know how many people around the world could be checking for ADRs just like you? Its frustrating. By the time you search for the ADR, it'll be gone. You'll be doing yourself a huge favour by checking for ADRs on the disney site yourself.
Use all your internet devices to your advantage. Leave MDE open in a tab on say your laptop. Set your smartphone up so you've a customized ringtone for which ever website's you're using for a reservation finder.

So far I've received a Christmas Eve ressie for V+A using this system so I have to say it works you just have to be ready.

I'm in the same boat as the OP - have tried Touring Plans over the past 2 years to grab a BOG dinner ressie but no luck. I just haven't been quick enough to get it. However, the price is right (free) & I continue to try.

I suspect my best chance for BOG dinner will be when I'm at WDW within 12-24 hrs of the night I want. I'll make a point to check a few times while I'm waiting in line, at meals, etc.

In the end, I remind myself that I had a wonderful dinner at Skippers last Fall w/o any stress or effort. I may just let it go & find myself in Skippers again this year. :-)

There is a slight delay in getting the text from Touring Plans from when the reservation becomes available through MDE.

Earlier this week, I put in a request on TP for a BOG lunch on a Saturday in November. I still randomly checked MDE when I had a moment. I drove somewhere, parked, and checked MDE. An 11:00 was available! I snagged it, and a moment or two later, I received the Touring Plans alert, which was followed a smidge later by the email.

My ADRs are how I want them for my November trip, but I'd use them again in the future, especially for an ADR that isn't quite as insane to get as BOG.

This last weekend, I received an alert from Trouring plans for a 8:15 PPO BOG reservation in two weeks and ... I GOT IT *happy dance*!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter