Being turned away at the port

What I’m curious about is those who were denied boarding…..what did you do next. Were you transferred back to the airport? Rent a car to get back home? Did you find a hotel to stay at?

OK this is the straw for me. I'm cancelling our January cruise. No way am I flying across the country for this level of stress.

Same-NYE cruise cancelled. I re-booked for March/college spring break trip. I would only need to fly to Florida v. Texas from the northeast. A bit easier-sort of. And with winter coming, I know I could really use the break from the weather by March. But waiting for the world to change, at some point-will it by PIF for this cruise? I just can't justify spending that amount of money and emotional investment to just be turned away at the port. We are all vaccinated and 3 out of the 4 of us have had covid. One or any of use could pop a positive test-and a positive test means by CDC standards that you are positive, no way around it. Thinking of other vacations for awhile. While quiet time and nice dinners and the ocean is what I really need, and the ships seem quite safe, the toned down experience- no club hosts etc., makes me wonder if it is worth the "full" price ticket and all the stress that goes with it

I think we will keep ours for now. It seems my youngest will be able to be vaccinated before cruising in December, and we only have to drive to the port, so I guess the only hassle we would have would be reimbursement for port parking which would none like $70.
If we only had to drive to the port then I would totally still go for it. We also have a kid too young to be vaccinated so if that changed it would take away a lot of the stress also.

I'm generally willing to deal with a lot to get my Disney fix - esp lately, even with a toned down experience - but this is too much even for me. Not blaming Disney - just being realistic about what I can and can't handle for $8k plus two days of Cross country travel, plus kids missing school.

Was it a rule that no one was allowed on if you rode together or your choice? Even though you tested negative?

Was it a rule that no one was allowed on if you rode together or your choice? Even though you tested negative?
This is an example of one reason we are cancelling - you just never know what curveball could be thrown last minute. There is very little control at this point on the cruisers' side. I totally get why and that the situation is constantly evolving. We booked our cruise way back when we thought being fully vaccinated would alleviate most our risk.

As I understand it, arriving together constitutes a "travel party" by DCL's definition. Everyone in the travel party is denied boarding if a any person in that party tests positive. A travel party may include multiple staterooms.

Best case scenario…,,don’t link reservations and do not travel with others who are not in your stateroom unless they are your immediate family.

Best case scenario…,,don’t link reservations unless they are your immediate family.

The downside to that is if you don't link your staterooms you: 1) Won't be seated together at dinner; 2) Can't make reservations for Palo and Remy together, so you won't be seated at the same table for those; 3) Can't book other onboard activities or excursions together which is, at best, an inconvenience on booking window day (at worst, it could mean that you won't be able to get the same activities/excursions at the same time). It's a weird balancing act right now in terms of risk/reward.

Curious if people are being denied entry and turn around and go to Walt Disney World instead. Not saying I would, just pondering.

We were not allowed to board even though we tested negative because a person in our car tested positive. We had separate reservations, they were linked but that didn't matter, only that we rode together. Had we arrived in separate vehicles we would have sailed while he would have been denied boarding. Since we live in the Orlando area, we went home where we have quarantined until we all got negative tests again just to be sure.

Curious if people are being denied entry and turn around and go to Walt Disney World instead. Not saying I would, just pondering.
If someone admitted to doing this people would come out of the woodwork to crucify them. I would not, but oh the humanity!

This doesn't count for those that take DCL transportation to the port, right? You would all be on the same bus to the port...

From reading on the boards others experience they posted that since you have to wear a mask on DCL transportation if someone on the bus test positive but you test negative they still allow you on the ship cause everyone was wearing masks.

From reading on the boards others experience they posted that since you have to wear a mask on DCL transportation if someone on the bus test positive but you test negative they still allow you on the ship cause everyone was wearing masks.
I don't like that policy at all. What if everyone in a private limo wore a mask? Bet they don't get on.

We sail this Friday and if we happen to test positive at the port we plan to test again at the airport test facility and if it comes back negative we plan to enjoy our now Florida vacation. They don’t retest at the port if your test is positive so it could be a false positive so testing at the airport would show if true positive or not.

We sail this Friday and if we happen to test positive at the port we plan to test again at the airport test facility and if it comes back negative we plan to enjoy our now Florida vacation. They don’t retest at the port if your test is positive so it could be a false positive so testing at the airport would show if true positive or not.

If you test positive at the port they will retest the current sample again (they won't collect a new sample and test that). But they do retest at the port, I've seen that discussed by others on here.

I'm curious if people are being denied entry and turn around and get on a plane home. I wouldn't do that, but I bet some people would/do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter