• Donald's Breakfastosaurus @ AK

• Cape May Cafe @ BC

• 1900 Park Faire @ GF

• O'hana @ Poly

• Chef Mickey's @ Contemporary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ducky4Disney

-->Place Tag HERE!
I am thinking about doing a character breakfast on my next trip! Which one offers the best all-around character breakfast experience? (not including the Princess breakfasts) Good food, good atmosphere, and good character interasction. They all appear to be the same price, so that doesn't matter!

Thanks!

D4D

You didn't have Crystal Palace "Pooh and Friends'' Character Breakfast...so I didn't vote. It is the best, IMHO.

I second the vote for the Crystal Palace, we enjoyed that more than Chef Mickey's. There was a great selection of food, and the food was hot (at Chef Mickeys we found it to be luke warm) and the character interaction was fantastic. The character interaction was really good at Chef Mickey's but we liked the food and the ambiance better at the Crystal Palace.

I have not been to Donald's Breakfastosaurus, Cape May Cafe or 1900 Park Faire.

Of the remaining, 'Ohana & Chef Mickey's, I prefer 'Ohana. The food is better and the view is nice. I have not been there since Minnie left, but I recall the character interaction to be very good. Unlike Chef Mickey's, the breakfast is pre-plated.

Maybe I'll try Crystal Palace on our next trip! My counter is getting close!

Here's another vote for Crystal Palace - I love the food!!

We have done so far..
1. Chef Mickeys-love it, it's a must do once for each trip. Characters are good, place is hopping. It is noisy and frantic tho. Food is decent, but we aren't going for the food.

2. Donald's Breakfastasaurus...love it. We've done it twice now. Food is good, character interaction not quite as good as CM's. Place is big and tough to navigate at times.

3. 1900 Park Faire....did once, then dd dropped a plate, it broke, she was mortified and won't go back!!! No one even seemed to notice and no one said anything to her. But you know how 8 y/o's are. Food was good, characters good. Quite noisey.

4. Cape May..Goofy's...finally did this last month. Loved it!!! OUr new favorite!!! The characters were wonderful, the food very good, servers were terrific. It was much more peaceful. Now that dd is older(11), we don't seem to need as much 'napkin waving' as before.

5. Crystal Palace...very nice spot. We really like it here. We don't do it as much as we would like because it's inside MK. But the food is terrific and if you love Winnie-the-Pooh, it's the spot for you!!

Another vote for Crystal Palace. Best breakfast on property in our family's opinion. :) If I had to choose from your poll, though, I'd pick Breakfastosaurus. We all enjoyed that last October!

Chef Mickeys was great and the breakfast buffet at the GF was great also and we loved meeting Mary Poppins and Burt

New kid on the block here.

My wife and I love Cape May. Great food, good character interaction. Less frantic-feeling than Chef Mickey's.

Cape May. We go later around 9:45 Most people are rushing to get to the parks. It is the most laid back of all the CB. Except for Goofy, Chip & Dale they are Nuts!

Kae

Cape May is our favorite too! Character interaction is very one on one and the food is the best of any CB that we have been to. I have already made 2 priority seatings for Cape May on our upcoming trip. Yum!::MinnieMo

Chef Mickey's - only been for dinner, but really liked it

Ohana - just okay. I liked the fact that it was family style so I wasn't getting up all the time to go to the buffet, but the selection is limited. Also, the characters only came around once and were very brief. I probably won't go back.

1900 Park Fare - Love it! I've been there several times for breakfast and dinner and it's always great. The food is good, lots of selection, service is always good, and characters have always visited multiple times. I never feel rushed there the way I have at other character meals.

Donald's - Not so good. I had the 8:00 seating and felt rushed the whole time. The place is huge. The characters only came around once and spent very little time at each table. The buffet line got longer and longer as the breakfast went on. The food was good though and there was a lot to choose from.

I haven't done any of the others. I have only heard good things about Crystal Palace and Cape May though.

How did I miss Crystal Palace! I must have skipped over it when i was looking over allearsnet.com for breakfast places! I was leaning towards Donald's Breakfastosaraus but now I'm not sure. They all sound so good! Tell me more about Crystal Palace...

D4D

Chef Mickey's is our favorite....a Disney classic that we make our very first morning on vacation.
But, Crystal Palace is a very close second.....great atmosphere, very good food, great characters!

We have done Cape May, it was very laid back, which was nice. The food was very good as well. We had actually made the PS for it the night before while we were at BWV. It took us less than 10 mins to walk there. The kids loved it and we're planning to go back there this Dec.

Pam

My family loves Chef Mickey's. All our experiences there have been wonderful. We go every trip for dinner our first night in.

We also love Crystal Palace. It's crowded waiting though, as the porch fills up, but it's wonderful inside. Once, it was crowded enough that we didn't get Piglet and we had finished the meal, but ds asked a CM and he brought Piglet over personally. Great interactions here.........these were the only characters that gave the little one time to warm up to them, and as a result, we actually got some pictures with him and them......he wouldn't do it for any others except Lilo. They also interacted great with ds and grandma. We hit this one each trip also.

We loved the food at Donald's. But it's pretty hard to navigate for us, and the characters didn't interact as much. We didn't go back after the first time.

We had the Villians breakfast at 1900. It was fantastic, but they stopped doing it. DS says this is his favorite.

We liked the one in the land at Epcot..........what's it called? I forget, but there was great character interaction there, and got some of our most favorite pics there. This wasn't breakfast, but dinner. We're doing it again this trip, and I do have a PS, I just can't remember its name!

We are trying the dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern this time for Christmas day dinner. We haven't done this one before.

We're also going to try Gulliver's Grill with the Lion King characters.

I guess my vote is split between Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace for now until I experience some more!

I'm surprised you didn't include the Winnie the Pooh breakfast at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom. I think that is the best.

I may change my mind after my upcoming trip as we are going to be going to the PSB and Cape May Cafe.

Very dissappointed with Ohanna's.

Please understand we love the dinner there. GREAT! However the breakfast food was very very very very poor. The Characters were fine, but the food was not good at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter