Best hotel or condo rental with full kitchen near Disney?

eac578

Mouseketeer
We have 2 teen boys with significant food allergies, and want to find somewhere off property to be able to prepare safe foods for them and reduce cost (I know Disney is great with allergies, but cramming 4 adult sized people into a value room and buying all of the food at restaurants is going to be more $$$)

Looking for somewhere within ideally 15 min drive of Disney, with a nice pool and a kitchen in the suite. Best case would be a 2 bedroom so we have more space, but a 1 bedroom with 2 queen beds could work too. We'll have a car.

Thanks!

We have 2 teen boys with significant food allergies, and want to find somewhere off property to be able to prepare safe foods for them and reduce cost (I know Disney is great with allergies, but cramming 4 adult sized people into a value room and buying all of the food at restaurants is going to be more $$$)

Looking for somewhere within ideally 15 min drive of Disney, with a nice pool and a kitchen in the suite. Best case would be a 2 bedroom so we have more space, but a 1 bedroom with 2 queen beds could work too. We'll have a car.

Thanks!
SO MANY options for you. Folks can jump in with ideas.

Lately we've been staying in Marriott Vacation Club units. Marriott World Center is my favorite. Choice of 2 and 3 bedroom units. Each section (there are three) have it's own pool but you can also use the pool at hotel (mixed campus) which is nice. Regular condo style you legit can live in so everything you would need. Parking is free there for the MVC (not hotel) and it's right outside your unit. Just over I-4 from Disney Springs.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare units are great, right there by Caribbean Beach Resort so you can't get any closer. They do 1, 2, 3 bedroom units.

Sheraton Vistana Resort is just over I-4 from Disney Springs with a variety of style/sizes and they have full kitchens. They have a variety of pools. A bit spread out, so we never venture from our own pool.

Lots of hotels have suites with modified kitchens (usually no oven but do have microwave, stove, dishwasher and full sized fridge). We do Hilton Homewood Suites and Home2Suites. Pools won't be anything fancy, basic amenities.

This is like asking what is the best grain of sand to pick up at the beach.

You can pick from rental homes, townhomes and timeshare resort villas all with a variety of amenities.

I would start by setting a target budget. That will help you eliminate some selections.

Then look at what amenities and "feel" you want. For example, do you want a resort-style experience or do you want a single-family home or apartment-type of experience?

If you are staying for a full week Fri - Fri, Sat-Sat, Sun-Sun, I really like to rent one of the many fabulous Orlando timeshares. When renting I have most often used TUG2.net classified ads section or Redweek.com (look and then pay the $15 a year if you see you want something to rent). Places I have rented most often are Sheraton Vistana Resort and Cypress Pointe. These both have two bedroom / two bath places and great amenities. There are numerous other excellent options too. The second bedroom in Cypress Pointe is kind of small, so I sometimes go for a three bedroom there. The condos have sleeper sofas too, but I like to keep the main areas open without folks sleeping there for early risers, those who stay up late, or anyone who gets up for a while in the middle of the night. The timeshares are great for nice kitchen, great common area, washer and dryer, screened in porch or balcony (and owner rentals are a great deal - less than a value room at Disney by a bunch even with car rental and parking costs).

Even less expensive are condo rentals at a residential community like Windsor Hills.

My personal favorite are the timeshares for the resort feel that I enjoy.

I also recommend TUG or Red week to rent a 2 bedroom timeshare. Also some people have success with SkyAuction also. Wyndham Bonnet Creek is inside Disney gates. You have LOTS of options. Have fun planning.

I would start by setting a target budget.
The second step is decide on the "vibe" you are looking for. Quiet, peaceful, and private; or a more active "resort-y" feel? Private townhomes/pool homes/etc. via VRBO will give you the former; the larger timeshare resorts will give you the latter.

Good questions thanks!
If we can get $200/night that would be great. Up to $250 doable. Planning to stay 8 or 9 nights.
Would probably prefer a resort type feel, like with a nice pool and maybe activities or arcade for the kids. Pool bar, etc. would be nice.
I was looking at Floridays but the recent reviews have been a bit sketchy with cleanliness so that has me leery.
I was looking at Wyndham Bonnet Creek but it seems like there are so many places to book through and a significant variation in price.
We are going end of August 2023

I was looking at Wyndham Bonnet Creek but it seems like there are so many places to book through and a significant variation in price.
Bonnet Creek is a great choice. There has been a lot of discussion about how to book it, because Wyndham has been aggressively targeting owners who are renting at scale independently (Wyndham forbids "commercial use"). If you can find the unit you are looking for through Extra Holidays at a price you are comfortable with, that's completely safe: that is Wyndham's "official" rental arm for owners. You can rent from individual owners for less, and probably be fine, but you are taking on at least a small amount of extra risk.

Other good choices include Sheraton Vistana Resort, or any of the Marriott Palms sections at Marriott World Center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter