Best location for 3 adults, 2 kids?

KitWisdom

Earning My Ears
Hi all
I'm a bit stuck on which direction I should go for where to stay for a Jan 2022 trip!

It's 3 adults--my parents and I--and 2 kids (mine!). We've stayed at AoA before and I wasn't super fond of it--I personally love the Yacht Club because of the location and the pool and there are larger rooms available, but it would be all of us in one room and I'm not sure if my parents are comfortable with that.

I was also exploring staying off site--I'm ok with that but my parents are quite keen for the grandkids to experience the full Disney experience.

Would it be worth trying to rent DVC points? Any other hotels you would recommend?

A) I'd see what's available.
B) If you can get 2 rooms at Pop and add a traveling with to both reservations, you might be able to get connecting rooms. Or if you want something a little nicer, one of the moderates. We had connecting rooms with my inlaws at POFQ and that resort was PERFECT for them because it's super small and at the end of an intense park day, there wasn't a long walk back to the room.

I would go with two rooms at a value or moderate, if you can swing it. If you rent a room/rooms with DVC points, you are locked in - meaning you cant change or cancel your arrangements.

We actually love to rent points and love to be locked in so to speak. Renting points allows us to stay deluxe for mod prices and more room. I also like to be locked in and not allowed to change resorts as I used to find myself wanting to switch resorts and end up doing it more than once and every now and then ending up right back where we started. We usually stay at OKW because we like the laid back vibe, the lower cost of points, short bus rides in every direction and boat to DS. IF you want to be closer to the action, BWV and BCV are pretty close. We rented points at Riv last year and loved the skyliner access.

We usually rent points with 5 or we get two rooms at Pop. We have done 5 of us at CBR, but was pretty tight.

Hi all
I'm a bit stuck on which direction I should go for where to stay for a Jan 2022 trip!

It's 3 adults--my parents and I--and 2 kids (mine!). We've stayed at AoA before and I wasn't super fond of it--I personally love the Yacht Club because of the location and the pool and there are larger rooms available, but it would be all of us in one room and I'm not sure if my parents are comfortable with that.

I was also exploring staying off site--I'm ok with that but my parents are quite keen for the grandkids to experience the full Disney experience.

Would it be worth trying to rent DVC points? Any other hotels you would recommend?

We love the 2-bedroom DVC villas, however, we always book with cash through WDW as I'm a little leery of the terms and conditions when renting points. When we need more space and a 2-bedroom villa isn't available, we typically opt for 2-bedroom suites at the Swan or Dolphin - they are right next to YC, so you get the perk of a great location and the cost, I've found, is typically around what you would pay for a standard room at a WDW deluxe. You need to call the Swan/Dolphin directly to book the suites. If you are a Marriott Bonvoy member you typically get a slight discount.

DVC may work. A lot of the newer studios (BW and Poly to name a few) will have a Third bed under the TV -sounds odd but it works well- I have laid in these beds and fit with no issue. The down fall is the second bed will be a pull out or Murphy bed. If it were me i would try for the POLY as it has two Showers in different rooms which will help a lot with 5 in a room. another option is a 1 BR at SSR which will have a King size BR and a full kitchen with a Murphy bed and a third pull -- This layout is only in the renovated rooms I would expect all rooms will be in the near future. However only one Bathroom but it is a nice bathroom. There may be other options of similar as well with DVC but above is what I am currently sure of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter