Best months for 7 month booking success at VGC or VDH???

MamaBear12

Mouseketeer
Are certain months easier than others to get a 7 month booking at one of the California resorts? Thanks!

Prior to owning we had several successes booking VGC at 7 months in late January (1 BR) and early May (1 BR). There are historical availability charts which can help you plan your strategy. This was the only reservation that we ever walked - 1/2024 - but I wish I had walked prior VGC reservations because it would have been easier/less stressful.

I have no experience with VDH and since it’s new it likely will be very fluid in terms of availability trends.

Last edited:
As a general rule the lower point seasons will be harder to book. Those tend to fill during home period. 1BRs usually do have an easier time with availability.

The odd thing about VGC and VDH is their point charts don’t align, so one week may be in a cheaper season at VGC but not at VDH, or vice versa. Those dates of the cheaper one seem particularly hard.

Whenever I have looked at VDH recently, it has always been fully booked right up to 7 months. I wonder how many have been successful at booking VDH.

LAX

I used to book at 7 months a lot for VGC. It was easiest to book during the summer months, and runDisney weekends are the hardest (can even be challenging at 11 months).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter