Best of the best. What brands will you not compromise on?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Ok so what brands will you not venture from no matter how high the price goes? Here are a few of mine...

Milk- Mayfield
Mayo- either Kraft or Dukes
Beef- has to be at least 85-90% lean
Hot Dogs- either Oscar Meyer or Ball Park 100% beef

I think those are the only things I am 100% dead set on.

Mayo--Best Foods
Soy Sauce--Sempio for Korean food, Kikkoman for Japanese.
Gochujang-- Haechandle "meyun mat" (spicy flavor). Super picky on this as most are not hot enough.
Sauerkraut--Wildbrine if not homemade
Thai curry pastes--maesri
Kimchi-- Seoul (not the vegan kind) if not homemade
TP and paper towels--Kirkland
Detergent--Tide
Cheeses--not picky on Parm, but it has to be real parmegiano-reggiano. Blue--Rogue creamery. Brie like cheese--really partial to Saint Angel triple cream

I will add that I really like the double sized rolls of toilet paper too. I can find those usually at the Dollar General. These over sized huge rolls that are more mainstream now, does not fit at all onto my holder.

I'm not so much into brands as i m into origin and organic. I only use San Marzanos tomatoes if I use canned. I use grass fed, grass finished (not all grass fed beef is grass finished) beef. Only free range eggs. I can tell a difference in the taste. I do prefer White Lily flour for the texture when baking. I do stick to organic for the dirty dozen.

Ok so what brands will you not venture from no matter how high the price goes? Here are a few of mine...

Milk- Mayfield
Mayo- either Kraft or Dukes
Beef- has to be at least 85-90% lean
Hot Dogs- either Oscar Meyer or Ball Park 100% beef

I think those are the only things I am 100% dead set on.

Milk?! How can milk be different?

These over sized huge rolls that are more mainstream now, does not fit at all onto my holder.

YES! I thought I was the only one with that particular problem!!!

Mayo - Hellmans (Best)
soap - Ivory bar
coffee creamer - Land o Lakes half & half
sour cream - daisy
butter - kerrygold
toothpaste - collgate

I'm sure there may be others??? But I can't recall them at the moment.

Milk?! How can milk be different?
It is sooooooo different. Milk is my biggest one, no joke, lol. And with Wal-Mart and Dollar General no longer selling it, I really have to go out of my way to get it but I do. When we were in the Caymans they did not have Mayfield. But they did have a brand that was also in a yellow jug that was good. It was higher in price, but it was worth it. Have no idea if that has an effect, but I will do without milk before I will drink Wal-Mart brand milk.

It is sooooooo different. Milk is my biggest one, no joke, lol. And with Wal-Mart and Dollar General no longer selling it, I really have to go out of my way to get it but I do. When we were in the Caymans they did not have Mayfield. But they did have a brand that was also in a yellow jug that was good. It was higher in price, but it was worth it. Have no idea if that has an effect, but I will do without milk before I will drink Wal-Mart brand milk.
Check the coding on the container. Dairies have consolidated so much in recent years. The Great Value Milk here is from the same dairy, using the same milk as the "premium" brand milk that costs $2 a gallon more.

Check the coding on the container. Dairies have consolidated so much in recent years. The Great Value Milk here is from the same dairy, using the same milk as the "premium" brand milk that costs $2 a gallon more.
From the same dairy as? And the coding, what numbers do I look for?

From the same dairy as? And the coding, what numbers do I look for?
Yup. Same dairies. Same processing plant. Same cows. Same milk. On the gallon jugs the processing plant code is usually across the top above the label. They bottle the milk not knowing which brand it will be sold as. The label goes on later depending on orders from stores. A lot of times it will say "Processed at Plant XXXXXXXX " Compare that code from one brand to another. Same code, same plant, same milk, just a different label on the same plastic jug.

Yup. Same dairies. Same processing plant. Same cows. Same milk. On the gallon jugs the processing plant code is usually across the top above the label. They bottle the milk not knowing which brand it will be sold as. The label goes on later depending on orders from stores. A lot of times it will say "Processed at Plant XXXXXXXX " Compare that code from one brand to another. Same code, same plant, same milk, just a different label on the same plastic jug.
I really doubt that with Mayfield. But I will look into it because you just never know. The reason I heard that Wal-Mart quit selling Mayfield was because Wal-Mart got their very own dairies and milk production and only wanted to sell their own milk. Which is fine. I have yet to buy a gallon of it. Mayfield is a southern brand, so anyone else that lives elsewhere have this brand milk in your stores?

I really doubt that with Mayfield. But I will look into it because you just never know. The reason I heard that Wal-Mart quit selling Mayfield was because Wal-Mart got their very own dairies and milk production and only wanted to sell their own milk. Which is fine. I have yet to buy a gallon of it. Mayfield is a southern brand, so anyone else that lives elsewhere have this brand milk in your stores?
Walmart here contracts with a local dairy, they don't bottle their own. The local grocery store chain (they have 126 stores) about 30 years ago opened their own processing plant, but sold it a few years ago. Just easier for them to place an order for 10,000 gallon jugs of milk delivered with their label on it than to negotiate with dairy farms, process the milk, and ship it to the stores.
Now I looked up Mayfield and I have never heard of them but their website lists their brands as DairyPure and TruMoo, we have those brands here, but here it doesn't say Mayfield above those names on the label. DairyPure and Trumoo are the brands you find in 7-11, Circle K and gas station mini-markets here. Not what I would consider premium milk brands.

Walmart here contracts with a local dairy, they don't bottle their own. The local grocery store chain (they have 126 stores) about 30 years ago opened their own processing plant, but sold it a few years ago. Just easier for them to place an order for 10,000 gallon jugs of milk delivered with their label on it than to negotiate with dairy farms, process the milk, and ship it to the stores.
Now I looked up Mayfield and I have never heard of them but their website lists their brands as DairyPure and TruMoo, we have those brands here, but here it doesn't say Mayfield above those names on the label. DairyPure and Trumoo are the brands you find in 7-11, Circle K and gas station mini-markets here. Not what I would consider premium milk brands.
DairyPure and TruMoo are Mayfield but I will tell you that Mayfield is the best of the best in milk in the south east. I have actually visited their dairy farm in Tennessee and seen where they make their milk. They also make ice cream, sour cream, cottage cheese and such.

Brands? Hmmm...
I take 3 supplements for my health, I stick to Designs for Health brand only. (3rd party tested and proven to be what they claim to be) Solgar if I need to get something (rare) DFH doesn't make.
I like organic meats and eggs, but I've been allowing non OG in the house b/c of pandemic shopping limitations....
Other than that I truly don't see a lot of difference in most brands over store brand anything-
I like Arm and Hammer laundry detergent, b/c it's cheap but gets the job done well-
Oh, if I'm going with something 'not natural' for dish detergent, I like Dawn b/c it's head and shoulder above others for cleaning. (But I usually just use something all natural anyway)
I like clean ingredients in food in general, but I tend to buy various brands to achieve that.
Certain clothing/shoe brands are non negotiable for me, due to some health issues.(foot problems) I can only wear certain footwear with excellent arch support. In summer that means Birkenstock for me. There are a couple of other brands of shoe I like, can't recall names right now tho

Dishwashers - Bosch, and even those have not been as reliable as I would like.
Dog Food - Purina Hi-Pro. The lab I have now seems to be able to eat anything, but my first lab would get really itchy any time I fed her any other brand.

DairyPure and TruMoo are Mayfield but I will tell you that Mayfield is the best of the best in milk in the south east. I have actually visited their dairy farm in Tennessee and seen where they make their milk. They also make ice cream, sour cream, cottage cheese and such.
Actually, both are Dean foods. Mayfield must pay Dean foods to use the name. Dean foods is the third largest dairy processor in the nation

https://www.trumoo.com/https://www.dairypure.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter