Best Resort Restaurant....need advice!

I think Mickey’s Backyard BBQ is geared toward preschoolers. We weren’t crazy about the Spirit of Aloha, but I like the suggestion of @MinnieMouse100 to go to Ohana instead. The food is about 900 times better, and the atmosphere is fabulous especially after dark.

You’ve gotten some other great suggestions. I would love to try Sanaa, but my family is not fond of the menu. I want to try it for the decor, animals and bread service. If your family likes Indian, it looks really unique. I mean, it’s not like I can see zebra outside the window anywhere at home.

Other resort restaurants we like include 1900 Park Fare and Cape May Cafe, plus the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin although none are on the Dining Plan.

We tend to go through stages. For example, for years we loved Narcoossee's and it was our go-to for Christmas dinner. After this past trip, we felt very "bleh." Don't get me wrong, the service and food was outstanding, but there's so many great restaurants and we were allowing ourselves to get stuck in a funk. We recently enacted a "2 and done" rule. Try a new restaurant, if we like it then we go back, but skip it the third year. It allows us to try new places.

Anyway, based on what you said, I'd do:
- 'Ohana at Poly - very solid food, sometimes you'll get a view
- Boma in AK Lodge - solid food selection, many items have an African flair, but they have something for everyone...and the desserts!
- Whispering Canyon in Wilderness Lodge - Fun restaurant. My family didn't like it, but the food was good and the antics were fun.
- Cape May in Beach Club - We love breakfast here. We don't do dinner b/c my dad hates seafood and the idea of buffet seafood kind of grosses us out, but it is good.
- Beaches and Cream in Beach Club - Fun little ice cream shop. The best patty melt i've had.

If you don't want fancy, that takes out a lot of choices.
I would vote for Boma. Great food and a huge selection for adventurous and those who are not. Beautiful resort to walk around and see the animals in the savanna.
Whispering Canyon is fun and good food. Another beutiful resort to walk around as well.
Beaches and Cream. Hard to get ADRs but worth it. Do lunch there.

Let's see... Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Olivia's (Old Key West), The Wave (Contemporary), Big River Grill (Boardwalk), Boatwright's (Port Orleans Riverside), Kona Cafe (Polynesian)... are some of our favorites. We always enjoy the Pepper Market (Coronado Springs) but many give it mediocre/poor reviews.

We love Trattoria Al Forno and also Big River Grill on the Boardwalk. After dinner is fun with the entertainment on the Boardwalk, fun place to be. We loved HDDR when kids were little. Did not enjoy Spirit of Aloha, it was way too long.

@JerseyJanice

"I mean, it’s not like I can see zebra outside the window anywhere at home."

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Don't they have Zebras in Joisey?!?
They don't have them here in CT either, maybe I could just paint some black stripes on a white horse...:confused3

LOL! Obviously, no zebra or giraffes here in NE NJ.

But all of a sudden, we have deer, coyote, and wild turkeys. At one time, the only wild critters living around here were squirrels and birds no larger than pigeons. Regardless, we don’t have restaurants with a view of deer, turkeys and coyote meandering outside.

Ok, after reading through the posts, I am no longer leaning towards Poly, HDDR or MBBQ. I made a reservation at Whispering Canyon, but I'm thinking of switching to O'Hana. Maybe I should do both....:confused3:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter