Best Value When Using DDP

AdventureGuru

<font color=darkgreen>HA! Do men come with instruc
Hi...
Ok so the planning crunch has started! We bumped up our Jan trip to Sept for free dining...So, b/c I want to get the best out of the deal how do I do this...I've seen the snack thread...and I will definately print that out before we go! (of course there will still be some things that will be out of pocket carmel apples and chocolate strawberries are our downfall!)

what about table and counter service...what is the best deal for your points? Where are the prices the most that you are only using one point for? What have you're experiences been

AdventureGuru said:
Hi...
Ok so the planning crunch has started! We bumped up our Jan trip to Sept for free dining...So, b/c I want to get the best out of the deal how do I do this...I've seen the snack thread...and I will definately print that out before we go! (of course there will still be some things that will be out of pocket carmel apples and chocolate strawberries are our downfall!)

what about table and counter service...what is the best deal for your points? Where are the prices the most that you are only using one point for? What have you're experiences been

Have you checked out the menus on Deb's site?http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm She has just about every WDW world menu listed with prices.

I've been looking at those menus...I was just wondering what everyone elses experiences are...thanks

Do a search on this board for a title that has something to do with Ranking restaurants. I don't know how to cut and paste but this subject has been brought up before and someone (Robinb maybe) did a wonderful spreadsheet listing your best values both TS & CS. I printed it out myself.
In a nutshell, the best value for TS are (in order):
Alfredo
Le Cellier
Spoodles
Chefs de France
Coral Reef
Concourse

CS--Flame Tree in AK
CS--Cosmic Rays --MK (at least we liked it)
CS--Mexico--CAntina--Epcot
TS--Teppanyaki--Japan
TS--LeCelliar--Canada

thanks...I've been looking at all the menus and they are starting to all blur together...see what everyone else has done helps

Check it out
http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYW Dining/DisneyDiningRanking.htm

She spells it out pretty well, I think!

I definitely want to try some places that are on the expensive side, ones that on some trips have been cost prohibitive. However, I also want to eat what I like to eat, and allow the kids to do the same...not worrying if I am making the most of the DDP. Do you know what I mean? If I want a refreshing salad as an appetizer then I am going to order it; even if it is only $5.99 when I could order the crab cakes that are $12.99.

pigget74 said:
CS--Flame Tree in AK
CS--Cosmic Rays --MK (at least we liked it)
CS--Mexico--CAntina--Epcot
TS--Teppanyaki--Japan
TS--LeCelliar--Canada
I agree with most of these choices. Cosmic Rays wasn't anything to write home about, but the chicken/ribs platter at $13.99 is a great CS value. Haven't tried Cantina @ Mexico, but DD loved Tangierine Cafe @ Morocco. She had the chicken schawarma platter @ $11.95, another good value. And don't miss Wolfgang Puck Express if you are in DTD!

AdventureGuru said:
Hi...

Best deal out of free dining? Eat a few meals :)

To maximize the benefits of the dining plan- look at the FAQ thread stuck to the top of this forum. It's full of information about how to maximize the plan.

Here's what I did Last year with the free dining:

M - San Angel Inn
T - Ohana's
W - Sc-Fi Dine Inn (Definately NOT the best value, worst food of all, IMO)
Th - Hoop De Doo Review
F - Cape May Cafe
S - Went to Daytona Beach
S- Tony's at MK (the receipt for 4 people was $200)

I was happy with all my choices. We did HDDR to use 2 credits since we would be in Daytona for an entire day. My sons loved this show and the food was very acceptable.

I am going again this year for the free dining with my girlfriend and our combined 4 kids. Are ADRS are:

T - Coral Reef
W - Am Donald's breakfastaurus, PM - Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner PKG
Th - Crystal Palace
F - Le Cellier
S - Whispering Canyon

I am only doing the breakfast because my son specifically asked for breakfast and I want to be first in the cue for EE.

I'll be returning in November and my ADR's are:

T - OMG - I'm blanking - the colonial character dinner in MK - why can't I think of the name - Liberty Tree Tavern!
W- Le Cellier *
Th - Chef Mickey breakfast, Thanksgiving dinner in Daytona with friends
F - Boma
S - Spoodles
S -Alfredo de Roma
M - Hollywood & Vine

*DH is coming on this trip, so we are doing Le Cellier twice.

I think the dining plan is fantastic. It's really worth the $ (even though I am doing it free, twice). I just spent 2 days at the beach and spent $30 one night on pizza and salad for me and the boys. The next night's dinner was just shy of $40 and it was just crappy sandwiches. I refuse to go out to eat until I go to Disney, because I am always so disappointed with the food (with a few exceptions)

I am also doing weight watchers prior to my free dining trip. I have already lost 8 lbs. I would like to lose a total of 15 lbs. so my "junk in the trunk" won't be as obvious in this year's pictures.

Max is my favorite cat! :love: :joker: :love: :joker: :love:

In my opinion to maximize credits:

use the snack credit for breakfast
counter service for lunch
table service for dinner

I have also heard that if you got the Planet Hollywood voucher (only valid during certain hours) you could use a table service meal in conjunction with it.....

Can anyone confirm? :confused3

very cool..thanks for the info...I know I cut my time short planning...I have a trip to Maine July 4 and I'm more worried about WDW than I am that...*LOL* figures!

Why not just look at the menus and go to the restaurants that have food you like, instead of trying to see "Where are the prices the most"?

mickman1962 said:
Why not just look at the menus and go to the restaurants that have food you like, instead of trying to see "Where are the prices the most"?

That's exactly what we are doing.

Honestly, last year we were tryong to"maximize" the value of the dining plan while we were there and tired of it halfway through our 8 day trip. Toward the end, we were only eating what we really loved to eat regardless of the regular price or value, and occasionally skipping the dessert portion or giving it to other vacationers that weren't on the plan.

It's just Sooooo much food and you will come out ahead regardless of where you decide to eat. Get what you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter