• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to get to Disney Springs from Parks

becks59

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on the best way to get to Disney springs from any of the parks? I’m thinking some of our days we may want to eat at Disney springs rather than in the park. We will be staying at All Stars Movies, but plan to drive to the parks.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on the best way to get to Disney springs from any of the parks? I’m thinking some of our days we may want to eat at Disney springs rather than in the park. We will be staying at All Stars Movies, but plan to drive to the parks.
If you're planning to drive to the parks, wouldn't you drive to DS?

Pre-Covid they would run buses from the parks to DS starting around 4PM - not sure if those routes have returned or not - if you're looking for an option that's not driving.

If you're driving to the parks, the easiest way to get to Disney Springs would just be to drive there.

If you're planning to drive to the parks, wouldn't you drive to DS?

Pre-Covid they would run buses from the parks to DS starting around 4PM - not sure if those routes have returned or not - if you're looking for an option that's not driving.
I’m wondering if trekking out to the parking lot to our car and then finding a spot at Disney springs and such is still better than taking busses. I also wasn’t sure if busses even go to Disney springs from the parks.

I’m wondering if trekking out to the parking lot to our car and then finding a spot at Disney springs and such is still better than taking busses. I also wasn’t sure if busses even go to Disney springs from the parks.
Since there are no buses from parks to DS, you would have to bus to a resort and then get a bus from resort to DS, so I think driving is going to be the best bet.

If you do plan on taking the busses, you could either walk to the Contemporary and take the bus to Disney Springs or take the bus to Saratoga Springs and get off at Congress Park. Then from Congress Park, walk to Disney Springs. You will enter the Marketplace area near Earl of Sandwich. The Contemporary option is if you're going to MK.

Last edited:

It sounds like perhaps those buses from the parks have not yet returned. But I'd still recommend driving. Parking at DS is free. Then after you're done eating/shopping at DS, you go to the parking garage, get your car, and head back to your resort. You don't need to go back to the theme park you started at for your car.

That being said, if you're there during a busier time on perhaps a Friday or Saturday night, parking can be an experience! And don't forget where you parked, which garage, floor and row. I know that sounds obvious, but most trips we go and park there, we see some family walking up and down looking for the car.....

What time of day do you plan to go to DS?

If you are going midday and plan to return to the park later in the day, then I can understand leaving the car and taking Disney transportation. Depending on the park, you can do as @Smugpugmug suggested and either walk to a nearby resort to catch a DS bus or catch the SSR bus and walk to DS from there. Keep in mind that you may lose a lot of time going back and forth to DS using Disney transportation.

If you’re going for dinner, and not returning for reentry to the park, it would make more sense to drive to DS. Evenings are busier, especially Friday and Saturday nights, but I have not heard of the garages and lots completely filling under normal circumstances. If you leave your car in a theme park lot and stay late at DS you could have issues getting back to your car (depending on park hours and the park involved).

I'd either take your car or take the bus to SSR. Catching a bus back to the resorts (in order to return to your car) is a nightmare! I think bussing from DS is a horrible experience, especially during busier times (evenings, weekends, etc). Of course, one could always do a rideshare from whatever park you're at.

The trek to the car is shorter than the wait for the bus even if the bus was going directly to Disney Springs, but it isn't, so with a transfer at a resort layered on top of that, it's even more in favor of driving.

The Disney transportation options are limited partly by design since they don't want people filling up the free parking @ DS to avoid paying for parking at a theme park. Buses tend to run to/from DS and the various Disney hotels. As someone else mentioned, time of day matters as well. I would check the Disney website to see what your current options might be.

If you have a car and already drove to a theme park, that would seem like the most direct way to get to/from DS.

Also, the bus stop at DS seems to be far more inconveniently placed than the garages. Depending on where you want to eat, you can pick the nearest garage (or surface lot). The bus lets you out in the middle of the mall part and we always seemed to have to walk quite a bit to any restaurant which visited.

Also, the bus stop at DS seems to be far more inconveniently placed than the garages. Depending on where you want to eat, you can pick the nearest garage (or surface lot). The bus lets you out in the middle of the mall part and we always seemed to have to walk quite a bit to any restaurant which visited.
The bus stops are located between the Orange and Lime garages. The Orange garage comes out on the Cirque/bowling alley side of DS, the Lime comes out not too far from World of Disney, and buses leave off in between, closer to Planet Hollywood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter