Big Fire or Mama Della?

TheLittles

Mouseketeer
Having never been to or seen Portofino before, we are considering going to Mama Dellas because we have heard good things but we also were considering Big Fire because we have been there before and liked it. If you had to choose which would you choose?

I prefer Big Fire because it feels more adult and has a good atmosphere. I have never had a bad meal there.

We did Mama Dellas. It was okay. Nothing to write home about. And we didn’t enjoy the entertainment singing to us at the table while we ate. Or the awkwardness of feeling we had to tip them. And them being six inches from us so we couldn’t really discuss it. Lol.

We’ve never done Big Fire.

This.
Big Fire is our go to place if I know we need to have a good meal.
Except once, a very obnoxious woman, while directing a waiter to the table she demanded, pointed and put her arm in front of me, directly between my plate and mouth, as my fork was moving from plate to mouth. But it is okay, because I didn’t bite her! And after a loud, terribly British ‘excuse me madam’, the poor waiter apologised for her. Obnoxious woman ignored me !😂

We did Mama Dellas. It was okay. Nothing to write home about. And we didn’t enjoy the entertainment singing to us at the table while we ate. Or the awkwardness of feeling we had to tip them. And them being six inches from us so we couldn’t really discuss it. Lol.

We’ve never done Big Fire.
This made me chuckle because you summed up our exact experience with the singers. We liked them, but a whole lot more from across the room ;) Also when asked if we had any requests, I gave them two fairly popular Italian songs and they didn't know either :confused3 Had to default to Sinatra….
My dish (eggplant parm) was mushy, so I was disappointed. Everyone else really enjoyed their meals and I liked the other stuff we ordered. So will try it again next trip since this is the only resv request from the husband.

I prefer Big Fire but I'm also gluten-free.... they do have a gluten-free pasta at Mama Della's and it's okay but I prefer a steak (and the pb&j old fashioned at Bigfire).

My daughters would choose Mama Della's because they love their pasta and the kids meals come with a giant cookie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter