Birthday at Disney? Do you have pictures of cakes etc?

Oh and Beauty - the Wishes FW cruise is only $150 if you don't book the birthday one...and it is magical even without the balloons and cake! Book the cruise and then have a cake next to the pool or beach or in your room when you're done...?

We absolutely love the Wishes cruise - it's worth every penny.

TNMomof3 said:
BCVcake.jpg

What a cute picture! Your daughter looks just like Vada from "My Girl" in that picture..... love that movie :goodvibes

89191555208_0_ALB.jpg
10291555208_0_ALB.jpg

This is a cake we actually did not pay for. We had no intention of celebrating DD's birthday but we mentioned that her b-day was coming up in a couple of days (she was still 11). So they showed up with the cake without us requesting it.....DD was very surprised and happy!

So if we have dinner at Chef Mickey's and tell them at check in its a birthday :wizard: and I want a cake after dinner we can do that? for a charge of course but just wondering about pre-ordering, and if I needed to~

Beauty said:
Cass was Pal Mickey delieverd? I would be very interested in the Price of the balloons with Pal Mickey. My son is dying for one of those.

I just payed for the Pal Mickey and they had it in the room for us.... the balloons were free!

Thank you everyone for posting this and for everyone's help. I have some questions as we are going for my DS's bday and my DD's bday in August......

Do they make a Donald Cake anywhere? My DS LOVED Donald and we were hoping to get him a Donald cake.

I also have a cake ordered for the princess lunch in Epcot for my DD and it's 40.00. I am wondering if it's the Mickey one with the Mickey shape? Does anyone know? Has anyone ever celebrated a bday w/the princess lunch in Epcot?

Also, do the CM's make it special for them at the restaurants if you don't order a cake? Maybe I should get the cakes delivered to our room instead & keep it in the fridge so we don't waste it since it sounds pretty big especially the 40.00 one.

We are staying at the YC - should I order the cake from the Boardwalk Bakery for delivery or can I still get one from the GF bakery since it is further?

Thanks so much for any input. I just want to help my kids have a memorable bday. Kim

i will be there oct 2-9 and plan on celebrating my bd even though its not until the 29th. i also plan on getting my self a cake. if it weren't for the info on this board i wouldn't know where to get one. luv this board.

My dad's b-day is july 4th. We're celebrating at Ohana's for breakfast with mickey and then dinner at Le Cellier. I've already ordered a cake for dinner. We're staying at the Poly and I plan to call the poly to get a cake and stuff put in the room for our arrival. So no it's not just kids celebrating their b-days at WDW.

Beauty said:
I would love to see pictures of your cakes you got at Disney! Any balloons etc. and where you got them! Thanks so much! I would love to make my DS's 14th birthday extra special!

When I called today to get PS for Chef Mickey's on our son's birthday the lady mentioned that I could order a birthday cake for him and gave me the number. Has anyone done this? If so, how much did you pay? I would hate to order a cake and then have it be $50-$75 dollars....LOL!

Any help is appreciated.

This is a great topic! I always hear about the birthdays, but love the pictures of the cakes! :)

Thanks for all the great info - LOVE the mickey cake, but afraid it's just going to be too big for us, we're staying at the POP w/no fridge so I would hate for that beautiful cake to go to waste. Will probably just get the smaller cake for dd's 2nd birthday on 10/5 - I'm leaning towards CM's for dinner, just seems like the best place to celebrate a childs birthday!

A bit of warning....(oh, I just love those Mickey cakes!!)...when my dear friend went to Disney..it was a surprise trip for her family and we wanted WL to help celebrate her son's birthday without their knowing...so they delivered a cake and balloons to his room sometime during the day while they were at the park....they returned to their room around 8pm..and the cake was beautiful but it had ants all over it. She was sweet and didn't want to tell us but her son let it slip out about the ant infested cake.....so I would suggest they send it sealed in a air tight container or make sure you plan to be there as close to delivery as possible. Maybe it's only WL that has the ant problem...they were on concierge level and I guess with all the food around they had some ants way up on the 7th or so floor!

Tara

When do you tell them someone has a birthday at the restaurants? My DD will be one on our trip and I want to try and get a PS at CRT for her birthday. So I tell them when I check into the restaurant or do I tell the cm when I am making the PS?? :confused3

First you can go to Guest Services and get a pin (or maybe its sticker now, it used to be a pin) that says Today is my birthday! Then everyone will be telling the birthday person Happy Birthday all day long!

They do bring out a small free cupcake etc. usually if you tell them its someone's birthday when you check in at the restaurant. You can also tell the CM on the phone when you are making dining advanced seatings and they will note it on your priority seating. I would still make sure and remind them though when you check in.

To get a cake is extra. Thats when you have to call one of the numbers on this thread at least 48 hours in advance. Like someone said you can also go to the Boardwalk Bakery and buy one but then you would have to transport it back to your room which wouldn't be hard if you were at the Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, Yacht or Beach Club but would be more difficult to other resorts unless you have a car.

I've been thinking though that since we will have our own car that I may get DH to drive me to the Boardwalk and buy one of those CUTE Mickey Cakes and a Pal Mickey and have them in the room for our son.

Anyone with more pics of cakes please post them!!

Quick question if anyone knows. Can you get the little $15 cakes at most restaurants? In Epcot, MK or resort restaurants.

I have 2 birthdays coming up this trip and would like to surprise each person with their own cake on different days but haven't really decided which restaurant yet until time comes closer to PS.

Restaurants we are thinking of are:
Chef Mickeys (breakfast so not really appropriate)
Whispering Canyon
Boma
Garden Grill
Sci-Fi and
LTT.

Thanks!

cobbler said:
Quick question if anyone knows. Can you get the little $15 cakes at most restaurants? In Epcot, MK or resort restaurants.

I have 2 birthdays coming up this trip and would like to surprise each person with their own cake on different days but haven't really decided which restaurant yet until time comes closer to PS.

Restaurants we are thinking of are:
Chef Mickeys (breakfast so not really appropriate)
Whispering Canyon
Boma
Garden Grill
Sci-Fi and
LTT.

Thanks!
I was told any sitdown resturart. You may want to check when you make your PS. I Know CM, LLT, Sci-Fi are a yes as the person I spoke to mentioned them. I am ordering one for DS(7) from CM.
HTH
Tina

kimisabella said:
Thanks for all the great info - LOVE the mickey cake, but afraid it's just going to be too big for us, we're staying at the POP w/no fridge so I would hate for that beautiful cake to go to waste. Will probably just get the smaller cake for dd's 2nd birthday on 10/5 - I'm leaning towards CM's for dinner, just seems like the best place to celebrate a childs birthday!

Just had to say I love the photo of your family at MVMCP! I'll have to get my DD a Minnie dress now!

I asked the dining people at Disney who I could call for bday cakes for our trip next week. DH's bday is 7/4 and my brother's is 7/8. We are doing Ohana's for dinner on 7/4. I tried calling the number i was given (407-824-2145) and it just rings and rings. We have PS for Sci Fi for lunch on 7/8 and I called the number I was given for them (407-560-3360) and I keep getting an answering machine and no one returns my calls. Anyone have any advice on how I can actually order a cake from either of these two places? Or, better yet, order a cake from a bakery and have it delivered to either restaurant?

dphie28 said:
I asked the dining people at Disney who I could call for bday cakes for our trip next week. DH's bday is 7/4 and my brother's is 7/8. We are doing Ohana's for dinner on 7/4. I tried calling the number i was given (407-824-2145) and it just rings and rings. We have PS for Sci Fi for lunch on 7/8 and I called the number I was given for them (407-560-3360) and I keep getting an answering machine and no one returns my calls. Anyone have any advice on how I can actually order a cake from either of these two places? Or, better yet, order a cake from a bakery and have it delivered to either restaurant?

When I made my PS at LTT on my birthday, the CM asked me if I wanted a cake and arranged it. It's a simple small cake and she said if I wanted a personalized one with a name on it, I'd have to call a certain number and order it. I didn't do that.

Good luck.

Here is a picture of my Mom's B'day cake at LTT. We had to order it special and I think it was $45.00. It was delicious though.

Bad picture of my Mom, but good picture of the cake.

DSC00732.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter