Blue Bayou Fantasmic Questions

midnight star

DIS Veteran
My friend will be visiting me from Arizona. This is an impromptu trip. She will be getting the "Bring a Friend Ticket". She has never seen Fantasmic or eaten at Blue Bayou, so she is excited. I have a few questions though.
Our reservation is July 20, at 12:40pm, so we have the first show (shocked it was so easy to get a reservation for the first show with short notice)

- Is there a difference in how they seat you in the first or second show? I know for stand-by the second show is easier, but is the second show less packed when it comes to dining packages? This is my first time doing one. Back in May, I was with a different friend and we had a fastpass for the first show. We were so crammed, that I wouldn't want to put someone who rarely comes to DL through that lol.
- Where is the menu for the Fantasmic package? Do we pick from the regular menu?
- Do you still get the seat cushion? I didn't see it online in the description.
- Since we will have a designated seating area, should we show up right before the show. Or would it be better to get there early to have a prime viewing spot?

Thanks!

As usual with all things Disney, YMMV, but in our experience, they seat the first show by dining package section. So BB goes first, then RBT, then HB. For the second show, they seat all the dining package guests together in one big section; but BB guests go first, then RBT, then HB. BB guests still get a cushion, as far as I know. You can find a menu for the dining packages online -- try looking at Disneyland Daily. And don't be afraid to ask about any dietary needs -- BB is always good about customizing things around my allergies. We always line up early because we like being right at the railing. But if you are taller or don't mind where you sit as long as you're in the BB section, you could show up closer to show time and still be fine. When you dine, ask your server how many packages have been sold for the first show. If the first show is sold out or close to it, show up early. Have a great time!

There are designated sections for each dining package for the first show for sure. I’ve never done the second show with a package. BB is the center of the dining package area, HB is to the left of BB and RBT is to the right of BB. The sections are only separated by tape on the ground but they do try to keep people in the right section. It’s pretty easy to tell who belongs in the BB group due to the seat cushions. As mentioned that group goes down first. Then RBT, and finally HB. They also have CMs stationed along the walkway who check your FP and direct you to the appropriate section.

Personally, I usually get there after the initial seating release- maybe 20-30 min before showtime- and I’ve never been unhappy with the seating or view for any dining package but we prefer not to sit right up by the railing anyway.

There are designated sections for each dining package for the first show for sure. I’ve never done the second show with a package...
When we've done the first show, it's been just as you describe: BB goes first to their section, then RBT, then HB. We prefer to sit by the railing, so we line up early no matter which section we're in. For the second show, when we've done it, CMs put all the groups together in one big area, but BB goes in first, then RBT, then HB. So BB guests still get to choose their spots first, then RBT guests, then HB guests. Everyone still gets a good view and usually there is plenty of room for all.

... When you dine, ask your server how many packages have been sold for the first show. If the first show is sold out or close to it, show up early...
Today, July 4th, was a very good example of this: I knew that the packages for the first show at BB and HB were sold out. (I assume the same was true for RBT.) When I checked in for my reservation, I confirmed with the CM that the first show packages were sold out. The FP for the first show says to check in between 8:30pm and 9:00pm. On a sold out night, this is a little risky, even for a party of one. We got in line a little over an hour early and were several parties back. But we got the spots we wanted without any trouble. About 20 people showed up close to showtime in the BB section and there wasn't any room on the ground. CMs had to ask everyone to move forward to make room for these guests to squeeze in (literally). Same thing happened in the other two sections. Groups were split up because you just had to sit wherever there was a spot. Someone in line left to go back to the hotel to get jackets. The rest of his group left to ride some rides. They agreed to meet up shortly before showtime. When they came back to the reserved area, there wasn't enough room for all of them to sit together.

Another question. Can we use passholder discounts on this package? It's not like the Halloween BB package where you aren't allowed to use discounts right?

What's the best bang for your buck? The Surf & Turf or the Bone-In Ribeye??

What's the best bang for your buck? The Surf & Turf or the Bone-In Ribeye??
I actually have never done the dining package but I have heard from a few websites that the Surf & Tuff is the best value. That’s what I’m going to order when We go in October.

I hate to bust the seafood bubble here, but that picture is the dinner menu. It looks like OP is going for lunch, which is a tad cheaper and doesn’t have the surf and turf.

Today, July 4th, was a very good example of this: I knew that the packages for the first show at BB and HB were sold out. (I assume the same was true for RBT.) When I checked in for my reservation, I confirmed with the CM that the first show packages were sold out. The FP for the first show says to check in between 8:30pm and 9:00pm. On a sold out night, this is a little risky, even for a party of one. We got in line a little over an hour early and were several parties back. But we got the spots we wanted without any trouble. About 20 people showed up close to showtime in the BB section and there wasn't any room on the ground. CMs had to ask everyone to move forward to make room for these guests to squeeze in (literally). Same thing happened in the other two sections. Groups were split up because you just had to sit wherever there was a spot. Someone in line left to go back to the hotel to get jackets. The rest of his group left to ride some rides. They agreed to meet up shortly before showtime. When they came back to the reserved area, there wasn't enough room for all of them to sit together.

This has been my experience every time I've done the package. Very crowded with people taking up every inch. No room to straighten out my legs. I would get there early. But I still do it because it's the best option.

This has been my experience every time I've done the package. Very crowded with people taking up every inch. No room to straighten out my legs. I would get there early. But I still do it because it's the best option.
We usually have better luck with the second show being less crowded, therefore having more leg room. Haven't heard anything about how the second show was on July 4th, though -- but I know it wasn't completely sold out by 6 pm that night. So maybe there was a bit more room for those guests!

I hate to bust the seafood bubble here, but that picture is the dinner menu. It looks like OP is going for lunch, which is a tad cheaper and doesn’t have the surf and turf.
I did a little digging and found a post from October 2018 from Disneyland Daily. She had a copy of the Fantasmic Lunch Menu for BB. So hopefully there hasn't been any changes since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter