Boardwalk noise...,

Just checked into BWV today and can't comment on any noise issues as it was late in the day, but the renovated room we got stank of paint fumes or something. Anyway we had a cast member come up, check it out and they agreed that it was a pretty strong smell. The plan was to move us to a different room, but guess what? As soon as the cast member opened the door to the new room the exact same smell. As others have suggested, why don't they just close off actions of the resort till the rooms are in the state customers expect a room to be in.

We checked in on Thursday and our 4th floor rm was renovated...it did have an odor, but not that strong...to me ...yesterday when we came back from the park it was stronger...to me..but the other 3 in my party didn't smell anything either day...so it probably depends on how sensitive you are to odors....they are still working on some 4th floor rooms, and it looks like the 3rd floor rooms below them but haven't walked the other floors to see...

I'll be there on the 17th, and I requested a high floor in hopes of getting a refurbished room. I didn't even think of the gas-off from paint and carpet. Thanks for the report. Would love to hear more updates.
Thanks!

Checked in last night. First time at BWV, 1 bedroom garden/pool view on 4th floor, view of pool/community hall/DHS.

Minor drilling started at 10 am, really serious noise an hour later. I had added a room request through Member Services to be as far away from construction as possible, but my request never made it to BWV.

I was satisfied with BWV's response when I called about 10:30. They had a manager call me back and he offered me a new room that was ready now. He explained construction was on the floor above me, and let me know they did not get my room request from Member Services.

I chose not to move because I'm only here for a few nights and didn't want to have to pack up everything again (especially since I'm fighting a nasty cold that's drained my energy).

Lessons I learned from talking with a manager:
1. Call hotel directly a week before arrival to make room requests.
2. When checking in, don't assume you got your requests, ask. It was late, I was tired, but if I had taken a few minutes it probably would have prevented the problem.
3. Since it was my decision not to move I'm doing my best to ignore the noise but it's pretty bad at times. Not going to a park today but this may be the perfect time to try Bellevue Lounge or some other "nook" around the hotel.

Last edited:
Checked in last night. First time at BWV, 1 bedroom gatden/pool view on 4th floor, view of pool/community hall/DHS.

Minor drilling started at 10 am, really serious noise an hour later. I had added a room request through Member Services to be as far away from construction as possible, but my request never made it to BWV.

I was satisfied with BWV's response when I called about 10:30. They had a manager call me back and he offered me a new room that was ready now. He explained construction was on the floor above me, and let me know they did not get my room request from Member Services.

I chose not to move because I'm only here for a few nights and didn't want to have to pack up everything again (especially since I'm fighting a nasty cold that's drained my energy).

Lessons I learned from talking with a manager:
1. Call hotel directly a week before arrival to make room requests.
2. When checking in, don't assume you got your requests, ask. It was late, I was tired, but if I had taken a few minutes it probably would have prevented the problem.
3. Since it was my decision not to move I'm doing my best to ignore the noise but it's pretty bad at times. Not going to a park today but this may be the perfect time to try Bellevue Lounge or some other "nook" around the hotel.

The managers info can be a problem. When calling the resort, your call is answered by a call center, not the resort. When checking in late, there usually isn't a vacant room to move you to that's why many take an early flight or send someone a day early to ensure that they get the room location that they want.

:earsboy: Bill

Here's a thought......probably not a great business decision but I'll throw it out there. If major construction is going on in any resort, why not drop the points per room across the board for the construction timeframe and tell people up front that there will be noise 9 to 5. People who hit the parks all day won't mind (and will love the lower points), those who hang out at the resorts will go elsewhere, but the rooms will probably still all be filled with full disclosure.

Here's a thought......probably not a great business decision but I'll throw it out there. If major construction is going on in any resort, why not drop the points per room across the board for the construction timeframe and tell people up front that there will be noise 9 to 5. People who hit the parks all day won't mind (and will love the lower points), those who hang out at the resorts will go elsewhere, but the rooms will probably still all be filled with full disclosure.

I don't know if a mass lowering of required points for booking during construction is allowed legally.

I don't know if a mass lowering of required points for booking during construction is allowed legally.

I would think Bill is correct that you can't just change points. Plus it would create a inventory issue since less points would be used for stay, meaning I have extra points to use for future stays.

At VWL, they are giving people extra fastpasses because of the construction. Seems they should be doing the same at BWV if your room is affected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter