Boardwalk noise...,

Was there in summer and we got a room near construction as well. It was off the charts loud from 9-5...and one morning it started sooner (like 7 or 8) and it was the morning after we did late EMH at MK until 2am. Not happy campers. And 2/3 elevators weren't working. I complained at check in to no avail and no apology either. We didn't get the room until 4:15, after going to the desk a few times to see when it would be ready (and getting attitude too). Got our room, went up and MBs didn't work to open door so had to go down to get them fixed. I think they were trying to hold off until 5 when the noise would be done. Sneaky. But we walked in and heard the noise, so another trip back down to the desk and, like I said, it was to no avail (got similar speech I saw on here about how us owners should want the rooms renovated). The bathroom door would not close and shower would not drain so I spoke to manager at check out and she finally did offer us 1 night of points back (I suppose for the night we went to late hours and got woken earlier than 9 the next morning). That was acceptable. BUt would rather have a nice relaxing stay. They should shut down bigger sections to renovate (and maybe hire more workers and have them work longer hours since bigger sections would be shut down and maybe do in Jan-Feb, off season).

Was there in summer and we got a room near construction as well. It was off the charts loud from 9-5...and one morning it started sooner (like 7 or 8) and it was the morning after we did late EMH at MK until 2am. Not happy campers. And 2/3 elevators weren't working. I complained at check in to no avail and no apology either. We didn't get the room until 4:15, after going to the desk a few times to see when it would be ready (and getting attitude too). Got our room, went up and MBs didn't work to open door so had to go down to get them fixed. I think they were trying to hold off until 5 when the noise would be done. Sneaky. But we walked in and heard the noise, so another trip back down to the desk and, like I said, it was to no avail (got similar speech I saw on here about how us owners should want the rooms renovated). The bathroom door would not close and shower would not drain so I spoke to manager at check out and she finally did offer us 1 night of points back (I suppose for the night we went to late hours and got woken earlier than 9 the next morning). That was acceptable. BUt would rather have a nice relaxing stay. They should shut down bigger sections to renovate (and maybe hire more workers and have them work longer hours since bigger sections would be shut down and maybe do in Jan-Feb, off season).

They were doing it in January and February. I know because I was there then. I thought it would be finished for my next trip but looks like I'll be there for it again in 19 days....

And, there is no off season at BWV.

Not sure what the answer is. The noise with tear out of tile is loud and will echo far. Probably ways to muffle noise but at what cost. Instead of jackhammer tiles up (as others reported), maybe use other tools. Closing wings may be an alternative, but how to do so with occupancy year round being so high? I have not recd any emails on construction. Website doesn't mention construction, only parking being limited. Definitely a bit concerned for trip in 7 days.

Last edited:
I wonder what tile they are jackhammering cause our renovated room had the same old tile in kitchen (backsplash) and bathroom.

I wonder what tile they are jackhammering cause our renovated room had the same old tile in kitchen (backsplash) and bathroom.

Bathroom floor and or Kitchen floor maybe? Either that or it is something else causing the reported noise.

Not sure what the answer is. The noise with tear out of tile is loud and will echo far. Probably ways to muffle noise but at what cost. Instead of jackhammer tiles up (as others reported), maybe use other tools. Closing wings may be an alternative, but how to do so with occupancy year round being so high? I have not recd any emails on construction. Website doesn't mention construction, only parking being limited. Definitely a bit concerned for trip in 7 days.

I'm concerned too. I check-in on Wednesday and I haven't received anything about construction either. Only placed I have heard about it is here on the DIS. Guess I will see.

Original poster here..... Home and rested. I don't understand why it isn't understood how unacceptable the noise level is .... oh.... because you have to be there to believe it... Anyhow. I will keep this thread updated when I hear back from member services.
We got home from a 2 week trip on Thursday. I can agree with everything you are saying. The noise was LOUD! Like as in VERY LOUD! We go back to the room for a nap and rest during the day. It was like this the last week of our trip. room 4066. We love BWV so we dealt with it. But I hope everyone understands that this was not your average construction noise. This was to the extreme and like you said shaking the walls! I agree that those checking in soon should have a heads up.

The thing is there is no solution to this one that will keep everyone happy. DVC operates at very high occupancy, rooms need re-furbed. Working only 9-5pm is a reasonable compromise. Noise is a paid but I don't see how we could get refreshed rooms without some inconvenience.

I'm concerned too. I check-in on Wednesday and I haven't received anything about construction either. Only placed I have heard about it is here on the DIS. Guess I will see.

We check in on Friday and we haven't received anything about the construction . I also found out about it here .

Given the multiple reports and consistent descriptions I think Disney Resorts has messed this one up. That is not tolerable noise to be passed off with a warning letter (which didn't get sent anyway.) Rooms should have been blocked off all around any use of jackhammers and power tools that shake walls and make conversation impossible. I don't view one night points refund as satisfaction in these cases.

Press your points with the manager when you are there and have it entered in your record. Ask a manager to come to the room and listen to it. And if you don't get moved contact guest satisfaction immediately, before you leave if possible.

Just a follow up to my previous posts. We returned Sunday. The construction was not isolated to one area or wing. I addressed my concerns while I was there and have written my thoughts to Member Services. A manager NEVER took one minute to come out and apologize to us for this debacle. Angel, Front Desk CM was very apologetic, but could not offer us another room that was not subject to noise. We received cash compensation not even touching what amount it should have been, with the loss of use of the room and noise inside and outside at the pool where we were trying to escape the noise inside. Complete failure on Disney's part. Someone should be relieved of their management position deciding some guests are more valuable than others. Amazing. As BWV owners we should all be concerned about this disaster of having to hire 3 construction companies and the failure of execution. What quality workmanship is being guaranteed for our member due? Our room was non-renovated. It was disgusting. The couch was visibly torn open on the seat cushions and other things that would make guests cringe.
We are home in peace and quiet now. Back for Christmas/New Years BLT stay for entire family. I pray that will be a much better experience.
I am sending good vibes to all those staying at BWV soon. Demand what you deserve!

Thank you for the information. I'm so sorry you and the others had to put up with the inconvenience. It certainly sounds like something should be done for those affected. Do you mind if I ask what type of view 4066 is?

We got home from a 2 week trip on Thursday. I can agree with everything you are saying. The noise was LOUD! Like as in VERY LOUD! We go back to the room for a nap and rest during the day. It was like this the last week of our trip. room 4066. We love BWV so we dealt with it. But I hope everyone understands that this was not your average construction noise. This was to the extreme and like you said shaking the walls! I agree that those checking in soon should have a heads up.

If you don't want people to comment, don't post on a public message board. When exactly would you like them to renovate the hotel? 9-5 seems perfectly reasonable to me. Most people are going to be at the parks or at the pool and I would venture to guess that less than 10% of people are in the rooms.

It would take even longer then and other people would be upset. Most people aren't in their rooms between 9-5 so it seems perfectly reasonable to make noise then.

These posts have to be a joke right? You can't honestly believe it is acceptable to endure construction that causes your room to vibrate and noise so loud that you can't hear each other speak for $600+ a night cash reservation or roughly $350 a night points value.

We have stayed at resorts during rehabs and it was fine, even if we were in the room during the day; this is entirely different.

Sorry OP.

If a cruise ship can go in dry dock for a few weeks and renovate the entire ship, sometimes stretching it too, with no guests on board...why can't Disney resorts do similar?

Why did you not move the first time you found the noise unbearable? As to speaking to on duty manager, I have never had a problem getting one. Did you ask to speak to him/her? Also did you call member satisfaction while there?

Thank you for the information. I'm so sorry you and the others had to put up with the inconvenience. It certainly sounds like something should be done for those affected. Do you mind if I ask what type of view 4066 is?
Pool view, we were overlooking the clown pool

OP here... I did speak to the manager. Nothing could be done. I've now TWO emails in to member services and and I'm still waiting for a call. And yes. I will actually call if I need to...

I've tried to upload my video but only photos are allowed. Oops trying to figure this "embed" from Facebook thing

Last edited:
OP here... I did speak to the manager. Nothing could be done. I've now TWO emails in to member services and and I'm still waiting for a call. And yes. I will actually call if I need to...

I've tried to upload my video but only photos are allowed. Oops trying to figure this "embed" from Facebook thing

Just an FYI for readers. Member Satisfaction is the group where issues and accolades should be sent. dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Sending emails to Member Services may or may not get forwarded to someone who deals with such things.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter