Boardwalk noise...,

Thank you Bill. I had not used that email address. Let's see if this one accomplishes it.

Wow, and it gets worse toward the end of that video. I'd like to see the manager try work through their day from that room.

Yep that is pretty awful. I would have asked to be moved out of Boardwalk completely.

That is totally unacceptable! No way should they have rented those rooms out! Hopefully they offer you something more in the way of compensation.

Holy cow! That sounded like the theme track for a horror movie.
Was that what you had every day? Really, that is a shame and I'm sorry you had to deal with this.

No matter how many times we go to Disney, whether it is the first or the 20th, we look forward to the experience. That's why we go back and become members. Disney has to realize and appreciate this.

Vellamint~~~Thank you so much for posting that. I can't wait to share with my DH! To think we were located in 2109, next 1 bedroom as your neighbor. Honestly, I am still dwelling on how disgusting the whole situation was. For all those who try to sit in judgement....let me be clear for all those effected "there were no other rooms available to move to!" Alternate HOTELS were not an option placed on the table or being offered. I personally am not done with my quest for some recognition from Management that going forward this would NEVER BE INFLICTED ON ANOTHER GUEST! I do not care about understanding the need for progress. Again, Thank you for sharing. For the good and the bad we both will always remember Oct 2015 at BWV.

Considering the work has been going on since March and this seems to be the first neg reviews of the work, it seems they have changed track and are going full out on the refurb, probably rushing to get it done by December, Im supposed to be in a standard view end November- I am very worried now!

I just received an email about construction, but it only mentioned exterior painting. It said the refurbishment will have minimal impact on our vacation. It said nothing about interior work. We check in next weekend. I sure hope the noise dies down by then. It's our 20 year anniversary trip. We are going with no kids for the first time since our honeymoon! We were really hoping to spend time relaxing at the resort.

we were there from oct 3-10 and the noise was terrible just like that. also in standard room. we have small children who were unable to nap most of sun, mon, tues. luckily the jackhammering stopped on wednesday. I complained twice. they gave me my points back for 1 night which I thought was acceptable compensation.

Does anyone know if this is primarily related to the standard rooms? I will be there in December in a studio pool/garden view and am hoping I don't experience this. I am so sorry anyone else had to; I find it unconscionable that Disney would allow this.

I'm seriously considering emailing DVC my concerns, but I know I will just get company speak for "there is nothing to worry about" and "due to customer demand"!

As I mentioned upthread, we had this same noise issue when we were there in the summer. And, like I said, after walking in room and hearing it I went down to manager and they blew me off. They insured that it was only 9 to 5 and asked me if 'as owners, don't you want the rooms renovated?' blah blah blah. They had no other rooms available to move me to. We were in a family group that had 3 rooms total and only 1 in the construction zone. Trying to move us all to another resort wouldn't be easy (and I am sure all of DVC was booked solid, it was summer). I met a lady on the elevator who had booked a 3BR GV for a big family trip and when she arrived she was told 'oops, sorry no GV as yours is under construction'. They gave her two 2BR and she was not happy as she wanted her whole family together. They also gave her other stuff like free photo pass and extra fastpasses.

We were G/P view with the noise and our other 2 rooms, quiet ones, were one standard view and one G/P view.

... I met a lady on the elevator who had booked a 3BR GV for a big family trip and when she arrived she was told 'oops, sorry no GV as yours is under construction'. They gave her two 2BR and she was not happy as she wanted her whole family together. They also gave her other stuff like free photo pass and extra fastpasses.

We were G/P view with the noise and our other 2 rooms, quiet ones, were one standard view and one G/P view.

Wow, I would have been very upset, even with the free stuff. I've only gotten a gv once for all of us to be together and 2-2 bedrooms would have changed the dynamics of the vacation I had planned. I would have wanted point reimbursement, for sure!

Follow up from the OP.

I received a phone call from Member Services and was given what I requested. I had asked for the difference in points between a standard studio and a standard one bedroom since we were unable to utilize the living area for the purpose we intended.

I am VERY happy with Disney .. again. I can honestly say that EVERY single time I have had a issue they do what they can to make it better. (I was actually offered either the points back or a $300 room credit for our upcoming stay in December.)

At BW now. Boardwalk view. Left room at 10AM and did not hear any construction prior.

We just arrived in a standard 1 bedroom. So far no noise. But they will see me at front desk if I hear noise like that! I requested a renovated room, I said the standards just started getting renovated and they didn't have any. We are in 2nd floor

I was also on the 2nd floor. I truly hope for your sake they are done in your area....

We checked into the BWV yesterday 10/29...I requested high floor and we are on the 4th floor....in a newly renovated 2br...a few doors down from the elevator on the right..with the standard view rooms across the hall...love the flooring..not a big fan of the kitchen backsplash....hubby and son love the new TVs .room is immaculate... and we have not heard any construction noise..

.I walked down the 4th floor hallway and they are stil working on the 4th floor rooms down the first right you can make...some overlook the main pool and other side overlooks the quiet pool....if anyone has any questions I'll try to get back online tomorrow morning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter