Boardwalk View - ground floor, is it possible?

And truly even though Disney does read the DIS, they would never be able to match you to your reservation or would they even try to.

I totally agree - too many people with too many desires, but it just seems far too bizarre to be a coincidence.

Just to update this story.

We checked in on 13 October, and we were assigned room 1001 - which is the only ground floor boardwalk view 1bedroom as far as I could tell. It was right next to the DVC showroom, and right at the end of the corridor, but it was very handy for the backdoor near the Swan and Dolphin and the view was brilliant.

I didn't request this, or mention it to WDW at anytime, so I don't know if Disney read theDis (and if they do, I don't know how they would match up theDis me, with the real me), or if there was pixie dust in the air that day - but I was thrilled with our room - we had a wonderful view, and I didn't have any balcony stresses, my kids could go out on the patio and I didn't have to worry at all.

Magic. Glad it worked out for you.

A lot of people don't like the ground floor - poor views of the fireworks. I like the convenience.

I am curious to see what we will get in January. I always book Boardwalk view - upper floor, WAY down the hallway. We usually get the "WAY down the hallway" part (better views of the Epcot and we don't mind the walk), but usually only get 3rd or 4th floor - which is fine. But, this January, we we won't get to BW until about 11pm (late flight)... I wonder what they will have left! :) Oh well... at least we will be at Disney - so I will be happy with my Boardwalk view studio.

We are staying at BWV in December for the first time ever. I didn't even think to request anything specific, and my confirmation says "Preferred view - garden/pool" or something like that. I think I'm just going to wing it. I hate to request a BW view and then end up right above Jellyrolls, complaining about the noise. Plus, we don't know what we would like yet, since we haven't stayed there.

Glad the OP got a great room! I'm hoping for some pixie dust for us as well.

We are staying at BWV in December for the first time ever. I didn't even think to request anything specific, and my confirmation says "Preferred view - garden/pool" or something like that. I think I'm just going to wing it. I hate to request a BW view and then end up right above Jellyrolls, complaining about the noise. Plus, we don't know what we would like yet, since we haven't stayed there.

Glad the OP got a great room! I'm hoping for some pixie dust for us as well.

Boardwalk view is a booking category - you have to book it when you originally book (or move it later), not request it. And it books fairly quickly (particularly for December) so you often (but not always) need to be quick to get it.

But I'm not sure Jellyrolls is that much noisier than right over the clown slide. We find all of Boardwalk somewhat noisy - not intolerable, but this is NOT the peace and quiet resort of choice. First the Fantasmic fireworks, then the Illuminations fireworks, then the darn bell from the games and the boat and the people. The Boardwalk has people and games and the boat - preferred view you risk a loud Luna Park, and Standard View you risk the rooms right over where ME unloads luggage.

Like other posters have said: I am afraid to ask!

We arrived bright and early (probably around 9:30 or 10 AM), mentioned I was having some trouble walking (tendonitis), and would like to be close to the elevator. CM says: "No problem! I have a great room for you!" :sad2: Oh yes, we were four villas away from the door that opens near the ESPN club. :eek:

Sure you weren't at the Boardwalk Inn? That is where the ESPN club is located.

We were right next door to JellyRolls and we didn't hear any noise at all. I don't think it's possible to be over JellyRolls, it didn't look like it from the ground or 2nd floor anyway (I didn't venture any higher than that)

We heard Illuminations, it was very loud and the windows were shaking (I only knew this because I was stood at the window and could feel them), but other than that it was very peaceful - I didn't have any noise issues at all.

I have a feeling this is a really stupid question, but if you don't ask you never know!

I have booked a 1 bed Boardwalk view for next week (arriving on Saturday.) I've always been a bit nervous of the kids on balconys but as this week has progressedi am getting more and more nervous about the balcony and thinking I'd be much happier with a ground floor room, or just a window and no balcony.

Are there any boardwalk view rooms on the ground floor - I'm thinking not as the shops are all at ground level and the rooms are over the shops?

What about rooms without balconys? Is that an option?

My 9 year old will be fine, but I can just see the 4 year old pulling a chair upto the railing and while it may be irrational it is really making me paranoid.
I believe the balcony sliding doors have a child-proof locking mechanism that you can engage out of the reach of the child.

i think you would have to climb over bushes to get to the boardwalk.

Hmmm - I was thinking they were like the walk up to the model with a little path running the length of them but you probably are correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter