Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to be there In October for our first fall visit and our first MNSSHP!!! The whole family is excited and we are already planning our costumes!

glasslipper said:
Where is the dwarves meet and greet located usually? I was thinking near the mine ride even though it isn't going to be open yet?

Past couple years by exit to Splash. Unknown if they'll move this year. Likelihood is a little higher they'll move this year because their prior location should be back from refurb by the time the parties start up--though I'm unsure how well a Seven Dwarves M&G will fit in with The Princess And the Pee.

what are photpass ops? I have only been to MVMCP and don't remember these for that party. Is this where when you get your picture back there is a little magic in the photo?

Are the lines long for these ops and which are the best...???

Parade viewing spots...anything different about the BOO parade that affects where you view it from??? We typically view parades from main street or frontierland in front of the Hall of Presidents.

what are photpass ops? I have only been to MVMCP and don't remember these for that party. Is this where when you get your picture back there is a little magic in the photo?

Are the lines long for these ops and which are the best...???

Parade viewing spots...anything different about the BOO parade that affects where you view it from??? We typically view parades from main street or frontierland in front of the Hall of Presidents.

Aside from the usual character and scenery (castle, main street) PhotoPass spots, yes there are several "magic" locations as well. Two different ones are typically by Haunted Mansion (where a "ghost might follow you home"), and another by Pirates of the Carribean (with a vague burning building effect). Lines are not typically long in my experience. As a HM fan, naturally I recommend those.

As for parade location--no, I can't think of anything about Boo-To-You different enough to recommend a spot other than your favorite.

Aside from the usual character and scenery (castle, main street) PhotoPass spots, yes there are several "magic" locations as well. Two different ones are typically by Haunted Mansion (where a "ghost might follow you home"), and another by Pirates of the Carribean (with a vague burning building effect). Lines are not typically long in my experience. As a HM fan, naturally I recommend those.

just to add.......there is nothing that identifies these locations as having a "magic shot" which may account for the short lines. I know last year one of the magic shots was just against a brick wall. (The ghosts are added in later) so it looks like a very boring shot unless you know what you are looking for.

just to add.......there is nothing that identifies these locations as having a "magic shot" which may account for the short lines. I know last year one of the magic shots was just against a brick wall. (The ghosts are added in later) so it looks like a very boring shot unless you know what you are looking for.

Yep. :thumbsup2

There is no signage indicating why exactly that PP photographer is standing in that spot with no character around or picturesque castle behind. If there were, the lines would likely increase. Kinda an "inside baseball" deal.

wooooo BOO TO YOU & YOU!!! time to check in!!! ill be hitting up about 3 parties this year going first and second week of October!!

i love halloween its only because england doesnt do alot to celerbrate the season!! :cool1:

I want to jump in here too!

We plan to be at WDW the last two weeks of October. Our only other WDW trip was in mid-October '06 and we didn't go to the party (that was fine with us at the time). Part of me wants to go Halloween night, another part of me wants to stay far, far away on Halloween night, lol.

I read it sells out on Halloween, but can anyone tell me how many tickets are sold for the party? Our little kids will be 12, 10 and almost 6 so I know the age is just right and that they'd enjoy it no matter how crowded it gets. My DH on the other hand...he might not like it so much, lol.

I want to jump in here too!

We plan to be at WDW the last two weeks of October. Our only other WDW trip was in mid-October '06 and we didn't go to the party (that was fine with us at the time). Part of me wants to go Halloween night, another part of me wants to stay far, far away on Halloween night, lol.

I read it sells out on Halloween, but can anyone tell me how many tickets are sold for the party? Our little kids will be 12, 10 and almost 6 so I know the age is just right and that they'd enjoy it no matter how crowded it gets. My DH on the other hand...he might not like it so much, lol.

Nope--Disney doesn't tell. Most estimates have the total number at anywhere from 25,000 to 35,000 tickets.

Park-wide will be fairly empty. Hot-spots for party activities will often not.

Nope--Disney doesn't tell. Most estimates have the total number at anywhere from 25,000 to 35,000 tickets.

Park-wide will be fairly empty. Hot-spots for party activities will often not.

Thanks a million for the quick reply! :goodvibes

SUPER EXCITED!!!!
My husband and I will be going Sept. 20 for the first time :cool1::cool1:
We are going to spend the night at the Wilderness lodge, do the party then get up and go to Port Canaveral where we leave on a 7 night cruise! This is going to be one AWESOME ANNIVERSARY! :banana::banana:

Jumping on the bandwagon here!! We're planning to attend on 9/24 and this will be our first MNSSHP. And all four of us will be in costume!

I am looking for advice on how/where/lines to meet the villains after one of their shows. Specifically I want to get a pic with Maleficent (because my costume is inspired by hers).

Jumping on the bandwagon here!! We're planning to attend on 9/24 and this will be our first MNSSHP. And all four of us will be in costume!

I am looking for advice on how/where/lines to meet the villains after one of their shows. Specifically I want to get a pic with Maleficent (because my costume is inspired by hers).

In past years, she has come down the ramp to the left of the stage as you face it. You'll want to be in this spot before the show ends, an informal line will likely form even before the show starts. She is very popular, and the time she and the other villains are available is very short. Pictures only, no autographs. You are unlikely to meet more than two villains after any one show. There are typically four (or maybe it's five--can't recall) shows offered each party night.

We'll be at the first MNSSHP this September!
I did two parties last year, but it will be the first time my mum and sis will have been since 2001!
We'll be in costume as the three little pigs :rotfl:
Cannot wait!

Am considering joining the Party this year. DS and I have attended once, and we had a great time. The fireworks were the best I have seen! We are heading down late September with my sister and her family who are WDW first-timers so I think attending the Party would be great fun for them. :thumbsup2

How fast do tickets sell? I am considering a quick September weekend trip, but I probably won't know for sure until later in the summer.

I just found this thread and got really excited.
Then I started reading through this thread and got very nervous.

I just booked my airfare for the Halloween party, but I'm only going for three days, Fri. Oct. 11 to Monday Oct. 14. I know dates haven't been released yet
but it sounds like there won't be a party on Sun. Oct. 13 because of Columbus day on the 14th. Does this sound right? As long is there is a party scheduled for Fri. Oct. 11, I should be okay.

Gulp! fingers crossed!!!!!

I booked my flight this week. I'm flying into MCO around mid-day on Friday, Oct. 11 and leaving on Tuesday, Oct. 15. I'm assuming that there will be a party on Oct. 11. This will be my first MNSSHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter