BostonHarbor Hotel

PamOKW

<font color=green>The two most important items for
I raised this elsewhere but it's getting lost. The Boston Harbor Hotel has always been high pointwise. In 2002, it's going higher 55-68 points per night (vs. 49-57 in 2001). Is this hotel really that terrific? Anyone have any experience?

This is well worth the points. The Boston Harbor Hotel is a prime location, right on the water next door to the New England Aquarium and across from the Fanuel Hall Market Place. It is also an easy walk to the Liberty Trail and Downtown shopping.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

My recommendation.. Request a trade with the Marriott Custom House only 2 blocks from the harbor view. It was fabulous! I walked through the harbor view and had similar thoughts about the outragiously high number of points needed to stay there when I was paying 112 points for a top floor (13th) room for seven nights that in my opinion was much more elegent. Go for the Mariott trade! 7 days in a one bed room (they do not have 2 bedrooms) and one block from feunel hall.

Almost booked one Saturday night last summer at Boston Harbor but couldn't bring myself to use 55 points plus $75 fee for one night. Instead, booked a 4-star hotel (can't remember name now) through Priceline for $90. Hotel was a few blocks from Fanueil Hall (spelling?). Maybe for a real special occasion it might be worth it, but just not for a routine trip.

Also, I gave those 55 points to my two nieces for a week in a studio at OKW last September. After they came home, they took my husband and me out to dinner and gave us a nice houseplant as a thank-you.

So, all in all, I think that was a much better use of points!

Margaret in CT

Boston Harbour Hotel is beautiful. My sister had her wedding reception there. Since I live so close to Boston I can't see using all those points plus the fee for one or a few nights. IMHO, wait until all the construction is over with in Boston. The BIG DIG is a pain in the butt. Traffic is aweful and the city looks very dirty. If you have your heart on staying there, I'd wait......Don't know when they will finish the Big Dig as I believe the dates keep changing.....as well as the price!!!

Just my 2 cents........

Thanks. I'm considering options for using some points but don't want to just "throw them away". My niece goes to Northeastern and I'm thinking about the hotel as an option for my brother and SIL. Just wanted to see if it really is "that nice". ;)

The hotel is in a great location, but I don't think it would be worth the points unless you could get a harbor view. I stayed there on my wedding night 5 years ago and at that time it was $350.00 for a city view, which meant looking directly at the Central Artery. (A big green ugly elevated highway for those of you not from the Boston area.) The hotel is beautiful, the rooms and service are wonderful, but I would only spend the points for a special occasion. I'm trying to talk DH into a one night stay for our 10th, but it does seem a little silly to use 1/3 of our points for one night in Boston when we live 20 minutes away! I would research the area a little and pay cash somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter