Boy, Did I mess up!

JoEllen

DIS Veteran
Well, I didn't get up at 5 a.m. this morning to shop the sales but to call in for our first reservations ever to Hilton Head. I booked a one bedroom for the end of June, no problem. Then I was checking the points one more time against my "Vacation Planner" and couldn't believe what a dummy I was. HH has a totally different point structure than the other Disney resorts. Something I'm sure hasn't gotten past the DVC veterens on this Board but slipped past me! :rolleyes1

April Spring Break time was actually less points (Dream Season) than June (Premier Season). If I'd done the proper planning we would have much preferred going to HH in April. I just assumed it was at the Premier Season and June was at the Dream. :confused:

I called MS back and of course nothing available in April. But, I've got us on the wait list just in case. Not sure I'm going to 'fess up to DH about this one :rolleyes: but hey, we're still going to HH and can't wait!

I've never look at HHs point charts. It makes sense, as it would be a popular summer getaway. But like you, I would have assumed their point seasons closely match the other resorts.

The point structure is a bit different at HH. I waitlisted for HH several years ago during Easter week for a one bedroom, and got what I wanted about 2-3 months before the trip, so hopefully, you'll get lucky too.

We have a 2 bedroom for the last week of March. We now have less people coming and we are waitlisted for a one bedroom instead. So far no luck! If the waitlist does not come through I guess the 3 of us will have LOTS of room to spread out! ;)

This will be our 3rd trip to HHI! We love the campfires! :love:

Keep in mind HH has very few studios and 1 bedrooms. They have mostly 2 bedrooms. So 1 bedrooms can be difficult to get. Also note on the charts that Saturday night is more points than Friday night, which is different than the other DVC resorts.

Glad to hear your waitlist was successfull NCRedding. I'm going to hold off on plane tickets for awhile just in case.

DebbieB - I didn't realize HH was low on 1 bedrooms. But, that makes since given the type of family holiday a beach vacation can be. I did notice the point difference for Saturday nite :earseek: and planned to take that as a cash nite. That one night of points would equal a December holiday trip for DD and me in a studio!

I booked a 1 bedroom in Octber for the first week in June. That week is still in the dream season. So if you still wanted to go in June, it is still doable during the dream season. We went the same week this past June for the first time and we loved it. We were in a studio, but next year in a 1 bedroom. I didn't have any problem getting them either time at 7 months.

Gail and Joe - thanks for your info for June. But, we're still constrained by DD's high school schedule and can't take her out of classes like we used to. Schools in Seattle usually aren't out until the third week of June. That's why Spring Break in April looked so appealing. I just assumed Spring Break at HH would be high points like it is at the World.

You on the other hand have a perfect time for HH. Before all the teen-agers are out of school and being rowdy! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter