bracelet

We just ordered our DS(5) who has a peanut and tree nut allergies a med bracelet from www.americanmedical-id.com. WE have not recieved it yet, but it has a sports band. WE thought that might be a little bit 'cooler'. We ordered it online and they even called DH to ask us a question about the bracelet before they made it. I think that was nice. We looked everywhere. Good luck.

Kris

The reason I liked the site we got DS bracelet was because we were able to have engraved what DS was allergic to and that he uses an epipen.
Look around, you will find something that fits your need.

AnnR, I really liked your site (DS would have loved the soccer band) but, can you engrave? We are considering getting more than one.

Kris

:flower: :Pinkbounc :earseek:

Yes, they engrave on the emblems. They also keep a record of medical information and personal information that won't fit. There is a phone number and an ID number on each bracelet so if the person isn't able to speak, emergency personnel can get the info they need. For children who can't talk they will only give out the info on the child to official emergency personnel. They allow you to update information online also.

Ann

tammyandtommy said:
Anyone know a good place to get a med alert id bracelet that looks cool?

Just a thought: I've heard some EMTs say they don't examine jewelry...it has to look like a Medic Alert...not be hidden.

jeancbpugh said:
Just a thought: I've heard some EMTs say they don't examine jewelry...it has to look like a Medic Alert...not be hidden.
::yes::
Medic Alert is an old organization and health care workers are used to looking for them. I remember being educated about them when I was in Nursing school at the turn of the century (just kidding).
If your child doesn't like how they look, health care workers are used to looking for the necklace versions of them. But, if you have something that looks like regular jewelry, it may look cool, but it probably won't get noticed.
The other thing (which was already mentioned) is that with the bracelet or whatever from Medic Alert, you are not really buying a bracelet, you are buying a service that allows health care workers to get needed information (which can be updated as often as necessary). They don't just find out what is engraved on the bracelet, but also have access to emergency contact phone numbers and names and more medical info than can be put onto the bracelet.

I just called today to order my daughter a new Medic Alert bracelet. She has had the purple sports band one for almost a year. The strap that holds it on the band popped on one end, and since it was less than a year old they will repair/replace it. I did not want her to be without so I went ahead and ordered a new one (yellow with flowers). The phone rep said that they would add "use epi-pen jr." to the engraving (along with the "Anaphylaxis to Peanuts"). She also said that we could still send the purple one in for repair after we got the new one. Very nice people, but I hope never to have contact with them other than ordering bracelets.

Can anyone tell me about the Medic Alert sports bractlets? DS has a sever allergy to peanuts and treenuts. We ordered him a sports band med. braclet from another company. It came, he doesnt care for it. it is big and 'stiff'. We need to make a quick desision ( we leave in 41 days). What are the sports braclets like from medic alert? My DS is 5 but, small for his age. ARe these bracelets child's size? Do your kids like them? and will medical people notice them? Please, please help. I want to get something that my DS will like so that he will wear it always and I need to do something quick. Thanks for your help.

Kris

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

BTW- I know I have major spelling and grammer problems going on here, just trying to hurry! :flower:

As I said above, my daughter has had her Medic Alert sport band for almost a year. It is a little big, but rather than cut off the excess strap, we sewed velcro onto the bracelet and the end of the strap and that works well. If you go to their website - medicalert.org, click on "emblems", then "Sport bands" you can see all the designs. They will not do memberships for minors over the internet, so you will have to call the 800 number to set up your son. I have been very pleased with their response time - about a week to get the bracelet.

Just make sure you put in a few stitches. Even industrial strength velcro can't hold up to the energy level of a preschooler!

Isn't that the truth. Don't you wish you had just a bit of their energy? :)
Kris

39 days to WDW!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter