Breakfast dish?

MazdaUK

<font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><
Anyone got a good prepare-ahead breakfast dish for Christmas morning? I've seen one on the Betty crocker site with sausage and egg, but I thought I'd seen one with has browns as well (I've probably printed it and lost it :blush:). Fine for cropckpot (if it will go overnight) or for the oven (if I just have to cook in the morning).

we generally have a "full English" as we go to my DSis for lunch ( so we don't eat til late) but I fancy a change this year and less standing over the grill and frying pan. Ideal inclusions - eggs, potato, sausage :thumbsup2

TIA

I think the first might be too eggy for my family (as the boys don't really "do" egg) - we won't mention the butter:rolleyes1 - but the second one should be perfect, subbing sausage for the mushroom:goodvibes . Might up the eggs to 4 as suggested - if I tell them its pancake they won't mind:rotfl2:

I do this one for Christmas morning - assemble the night before & just toss it into the oven when we wake up. The original called for a can/tube of crescent rolls, but we've always made it with frozen hash brown potatoes instead...I prefer the shredded/stringy looking ones to the cubes, but it's pretty much all the same. ;) Also, we do like eggs here so I increase it to 8 eggs - but I'm sure 4 would be plenty for your family.

Breakfast Casserole

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

~ 3/4 bag of shredded potatoes, frozen
1 Roll sausage (use any flavor sausage, maple is very good)
2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 Eggs
¼ C milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Spread potatoes in 9x12 pan. Fry sausage and drain, crumble and put on top of potatoes. Sprinkle cheese over sausage. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes or until firm. [NOTE: I think it takes more like 35 - 45 min in the oven because it's been in the refrigerator all night.]

Oooh! That looks nice too:goodvibes we can only get the ones in blocks but i could defrost them and crumble them up:thumbsup2

Breakfast casserole

1 pound sausage browned and drained

3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped green pepper
12 beaten eggs
2 cups milk
3 cups frozen hash browns thawed

Grease a 9 x 13 pan, put hash browns in bottom of pan Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Then Layer sausage cheese and lastly green pepper. Whip eggs and milk together and pour over top of hash brown mixture. Bake @ 350 for 50 minutes
Can be made up the night before and baked in the morning

:earseek: that's a LOT of eggs! How many does it serve?

:earseek: that's a LOT of eggs! How many does it serve?
It is a lot of eggs, but yummy. It feeds quite a few I will ask my hubby when I get home and let you know!

Here are a few more good breakfast dishes:

Cream Cheese and Raspberry Coffee Cake
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon raspberry preserves
Beat cream cheese, sugar, and butter with mixer until fluffy. Mix dry ingredients, add in eggs then mix with cream cheese mixture. Spread in 9" x 13" pan. Spoon on preserves and swirl. Bake at 350 for 30 - 35 minutes.

Sticky Buns
18 frozen rolls
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 package butterscotch pudding (NOT instant)
1 cup pecans
1/4 cup Karo syrup
1/4 cup sugar/cinnamon mixture
Put dinner rolls in greased bundt pan. Sprinkle with pudding, brown sugar mixture, and nuts. Combine melted butter and Karo syrup and pour over top. Cover pan with foil (spray foil with Pam) and let rise over night at room temperature. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until very brown. Turn very carefully onto a large platter. Be very careful, there is a lot of very hot syrup!

Breakfast casserole

1 pound sausage browned and drained

3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped green pepper
12 beaten eggs
2 cups milk
3 cups frozen hash browns thawed

Grease a 9 x 13 pan, put hash browns in bottom of pan Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Then Layer sausage cheese and lastly green pepper. Whip eggs and milk together and pour over top of hash brown mixture. Bake @ 350 for 50 minutes
Can be made up the night before and baked in the morning

He said it feeds, 8-12 depending on appetites

Thanks! I'd have to halve that as there's only 4 (that makes the eggs a bit more proportionate;) 6 eggs between 4 is fine, but 12 would be excessive i think:lmao:

We always make this for Christmas morning. This is for 8 to 10 ppl, so can be cut in half and made in 8x8 instead of 9x 13.

1 doz eggs
2 cups milk
1 cup diced ham or any meat you want
2 cups shredded cheese, we like sharp cheddar
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can mushrooms or fresh
3 cups cubed bread, can be any kind, just tear in chunks is good
1/2 t nutmeg
salt and pepper

Whisk eggs and milk, add nutmeg and salt and pepper
add bread let sit for about 10 min
add remaining meat, cheese and veggies

pour into 9x13 pan, spray with pam first,

bake for about 35 minutes at 350

We had piratesmate's recipe for breakfast this morning and it was a BIG success:thumbsup2 I browned the sausage and assembled it last night (I used a pack of cumberland sausages) and just put it in the oven this morning. Both boys LOVED it (and they can be fussy) and DH said we should always have this in future instead of full English - lot less work and washing up (of course it helped that the main washing up was done last night after I assembled it:rolleyes1 ) I used less cheese - maybe not even half - so I think I would add one more egg next time (or two if they're not very big), but it was delicious and didn't make a horrible mess in the baking dish - just lifted right out!

Thanks Piratesmate - this is a keeper:thumbsup2

We had piratesmate's recipe for breakfast this morning and it was a BIG success:thumbsup2 I browned the sausage and assembled it last night (I used a pack of cumberland sausages) and just put it in the oven this morning. Both boys LOVED it (and they can be fussy) and DH said we should always have this in future instead of full English - lot less work and washing up (of course it helped that the main washing up was done last night after I assembled it:rolleyes1 ) I used less cheese - maybe not even half - so I think I would add one more egg next time (or two if they're not very big), but it was delicious and didn't make a horrible mess in the baking dish - just lifted right out!

Thanks Piratesmate - this is a keeper:thumbsup2

I'm making this for dinner tonight!

Mmmmmm! :cloud9: These recipes sound good. I think I may forget about the Pioneer Woman's recipe and try one of the dishes posted here. Since my family and I won't be home for Christmas due to our last-minute trip, I may try one of these recipes for New Year's morning. :thumbsup2

It would be perfect for that, as you can put it in when you stagger up, and its just as good for lunch if you have a REALLY late night;)

Yumm-o! I'm going to make one of these for Christmas, as I have to work that day, and will run out of time for the full breakfast I usually make.

I love the one from the pioneer woman, but I don't think my DS16 or DS20's GF will eat it, as they are both really finikey eaters! But DH, DS20 and I would dig right in!!

So, I think I'll try the hashbrown, eggs, cheese, and sub bacon crumbled for sausage...

Thanks for the great idea!!

i made that one for mothers day and it was really good. we did do the sausage but i think i'd like the crumbled bacon instead. maybe i'll make this one for christmas morning.

Do the potatoes get crispy or are they mushy? That is the only thing I'm worried about...well that and anything that looks like it might be a "quiche" is met with the raised eyebrow...

Do the potatoes get crispy or are they mushy? That is the only thing I'm worried about...well that and anything that looks like it might be a "quiche" is met with the raised eyebrow...

OMG :lmao: So, DH came home from work and I told him about the recipe...the first thing out of his mouth is "sounds suspiciously like quiche" I cracked up, and told him that I KNEW he was going to react that way(being together for 24 yrs you get that way) So, at my house we are not calling it "breakfast casserole" It's now called "Sounds Suspiciously Like Quiche"

Of course he said it needs a run through b/f Christmas, just to make sure that he likes it...yeah right buddy..again that 24yrs thing...I know what you're really thinking :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter