Breonna Taylor Grand Jury report

Just FYI, "no-knock" warrants do not require a no-knock execution. They give the officers serving the warrant the option of breaching the premises to be searched without announcing their presence and authority.

No-knock warrants are typically issued when there is believed to be substantial danger to the officers serving a warrant. Many narcotics warrants are no-knock...and for good reason.

The fact that the officers did, in fact, announce their presence was verified by an uninvolved civilian witness.

One other question that will come up is WHO actually fired the fatal shot. It was NOT Hankison.

The local crime laboratory was not able to determine who fired the fatal shot. Ms. Taylor was struck six times, but only one round was a fatal shot.

The FBI lab in Quantico, VA opined that the fatal shot was fired by Detective Myles Cosgrove.

Both labs used similar equipment and techniques, but it's not unusual for analyses to differ. It's important to remember that this type of ballistic examination reporting is expert OPINION testimony -- NOT a question of scientific fact.

It seems to me that our country is in a very sad place. The fact that the city where this is taking place is boarding up ahead of the report coming out is very telling. Very sad that people have to prepare for destruction if others don't hear what they think is the correct outcome. I think we all need to pray for peace and sanity to return to the streets of our cities.
I pray that we can one day reach a place where everyone in our country is and feels respected by those around them. I pray that every American is treated equally, whether that be by law enforcement, judicial systems, financial institutions, education systems, or anywhere else. That’s how I feel we bring peace and sanity back to our country. Anything short of that is a band-aid on a heart condition, unfortunately. There are no easy answers or solutions.

I pray that we can one day reach a place where everyone in our country is and feels respected by those around them. I pray that every American is treated equally, whether that be by law enforcement, judicial systems, financial institutions, education systems, or anywhere else. That’s how I feel we bring peace and sanity back to our country. Anything short of that is a band-aid on a heart condition, unfortunately. There are no easy answers or solutions.

It would be nice if that day came soon. There is so much misunderstanding and so many false narratives out there that it's hard to separate the truth and facts from the lies and fiction. It would be nice if people told the truth and didn't stoke the fires of hatred.

Right, and I read that article, but it just confused me.

The article says the AG could decide to present the case to a Grand Jury. But a Grand Jury is already presenting a report... :confused3 . So does he then take that report to another Grand Jury?

I guess what is confusing me may be a procedural difference between Florida and Kentucky.

In Florida, the Grand Jury report would either contain a "True Bill" (indictment for a crime) or not. If a True Bill is issued, someone IS charged with a crime -- the True Bill is the charging document. If no True Bill was issued, a prosecutor could still file criminal charges, but they usually wouldn't.

AG - just now (live) clarified this - the Grand Jury is to make the decision - he speaks to Kentucky law on this.

It seems to me that our country is in a very sad place. The fact that the city where this is taking place is boarding up ahead of the report coming out is very telling. Very sad that people have to prepare for destruction if others don't hear what they think is the correct outcome. I think we all need to pray for peace and sanity to return to the streets of our cities.

It doesn't matter the outcome of the grand jury - people are going to riot regardless of what they say.

It doesn't matter the outcome of the grand jury - people are going to riot regardless of what they say.
I disagree that the outcome didn't matter. Unfortunately, I think the outcome mattered greatly -- no matter how fair and thorough the Grand Jury investigation was.

But I think the only outcome that would have satisfied many was three murder indictments -- which anyone who knows anything about criminal law could have told you were simply not possible.

I disagree that the outcome didn't matter. Unfortunately, I think the outcome mattered greatly -- no matter how fair and thorough the Grand Jury investigation was.

But I think the only outcome that would have satisfied many was three murder indictments -- which anyone who knows anything about criminal law could have told you were simply not possible.

The officers in the George Floyd arrest were fired, arrested and charged. Did that stop anything? Uhhhh...no. Beside that point, I meant the outcome of the Bronna Taylor grand jury wouldn't matter to the rioters - NOT that the outcome didn't matter didn't metter to the incident.

The officers in the George Floyd arrest were fired, arrested and charged. Did that stop anything? Uhhhh...no. Beside that point, I meant the outcome of the Bronna Taylor grand jury wouldn't matter to the rioters - NOT that the outcome didn't matter didn't metter to the incident.
They started the rioting in the FLoyd case BECAUSE no one had been charged or fired. The riotings put pressure and aware on the case to bring about the charges.

Well, hopefully things will be peaceful in Louisville tonight. I honestly don't have much confidence in that hope, because I don't see people working toward that goal. But we shall see.

Our thoughts and prayers are with everybody in Louisville.

Armed militia are roaming the streets unchecked by law enforcement, this will not end well.

Armed militia are roaming the streets unchecked by law enforcement, this will not end well.

The fact that armed militias can patrol unchecked and an unarmed women in bed is dead is the whole problem in America. If “legally” there was no way to hold those officers accountable, then the system has just proven its own inadequacies and inequities...

The fact that armed militias can patrol unchecked and an unarmed women in bed is dead is the whole problem in America. If “legally” there was no way to hold those officers accountable, then the system has just proven its own inadequacies and inequities...
The "armed militia" referred to are not "patrolling," lol.

They are fewer than 10 fat guys waddling around with guns -- WAY away from both the police and any real trouble. They are comic relief, not threats.

But if they get frisky, they'll go to jail.

Ms. Taylor was NOT in her bed. She was standing in the hall, right next to her boyfriend who admits he shot a police sergeant when he entered the apartment. Crime scene photos have been released. You are poorly informed.

This is a tragic case, but not a malicious case.

This whole case is a mess. Officers were executing a legal warrant and returning fire so legally it was always going to be a tough one to charge them with anything. The whole case smells funny but that seems to go above the officers involved.

From the AG: Police DID announce themselves and knock. It was NOT executed as a "no knock" warrant. When no one answered, they broke the door down and entered the apartment. The first officer in the apartment saw a man and woman at the end of a hallway. The man shot at police and police fired back. The fatal shot (to Taylor) would have resulted in her death in no more than 2 minutes, and possibly even seconds.
I'm skeptical of this as there were a lot of witnesses saying different. It's unfortunate that there were no body cameras to give us a definitive answer.

Regardless, if they had a no knock warrant it didn't matter legally.

I'm skeptical of this as there were a lot of witnesses saying different. It's unfortunate that there were no body cameras to give us a definitive answer.
What twits post on Twitter is not eyewitness testimony.

Independent civilian witnesses -- who were on the scene during the incident -- confirmed that the officers announced their presence properly.
Regardless, if they had a no knock warrant it didn't matter legally.
It would not matter legally, but it matters in the "court of public opinion."

But the fact is, the warrant was NOT executed as a no-knock. The officers DID knock, and did yell "Police" several times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter