Bringing Guests to the Top of the World Lounge

dano4

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
My partner and I are both DVC members and will be staying at Bay Lake Tower in about one month. We have family visiting who are staying at another resort. Has anyone gotten away with bringing guests that were not staying on their reservation to the Top of the World Lounge? If so, how many guests did you bring?

My partner and I are both DVC members and will be staying at Bay Lake Tower in about one month. We have family visiting who are staying at another resort. Has anyone gotten away with bringing guests that were not staying on their reservation to the Top of the World Lounge? If so, how many guests did you bring?

If they were staying with you on your reservation, you could bring them up. Since they are not staying with you, you will probably not be permitted to bring them up with you.

Can you get away with it, probably, they only checked one id when we went up. Should you probably not it s meant for dvc members only. Your call

We had to go back to our room to get DW's ID, they wanted us to each have one.

:earsboy: Bill

We've only ever been asked for one ID for our party. We've had them out and ready and no one wanted to see them. So now we just get one out. I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing better than relaxing on the rooftop with a margarita watching the fireworks!

We went up yesterday around 7:30... They only asked for one ID. BUT - there was only 2 of us, and it was early. (Only one group of folks in the bar :( )

first see what views your room/villa has.

all the views have some views of the tomorrowland - so you might get lucky and get one.

worst case - they can visit with you at the north elevators - (no music) but an excellent view of the fireworks.

now if everyone is coming for a drink - be sure to mention that if they first refused you (which I would be surprised) - the reason they opened it to others dvc member staying at any WDW resort - is because they don't have enough paying guests for the lounge.

forgot - July 3, 4 plus Dec 30, 31 - only DVC member staying at BLT can go to TOWL on those days.

You are allowed to bring guests as long as you accompany them. I've done it multiple times. Brought another couple up with us who was not on our reservation.

I have also brought people not on my ressies several times. I just announce it before we go up. Never had an issue

From the DVC Member's site:

Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: the Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2013 (blockout dates in 2013 are July 3 and 4, and December 30 and 31). Current operating hours are 6 p.m. to midnight.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.

Note that Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation, as parking is unavailable to anyone not staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

This special Top of the World Lounge access is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission.

We went in Feb, brought my parents (non DVC) with us. We were staying with points at AKL Kidani. DH showed his room key, and all four of us were allowed with no questions. It was an enjoyable evening, drinks, dessert and the fireworks!

Looks like our family will be watching from the Polynesian as we drink pineapple drinks. There are too many of us try Top of the Wold Lounge. Regardless, Disney will still make money. Thanks for everyone's response!

We were able to bring friends up.

We asked downstairs, and were clear on our request... they were staying at the Swan, and there was NO PROBLEM in our experience. They were happy to let us up.

It never hurts to ask. It's not a "sure thing" but you can always ask.

Have a wonderful trip!

We actually brought my husband's cousin and family who were visiting us up with us when we stayed at BLT, but, we actually weren't up there during fireworks. When we were up there, we were very nearly the only ones there. This was in late May-early June both last summer and in 2011. As a matter of fact, we just happened to be up there the evening of the Vacation Lodge fire. I remember thinking it was a little late to be having a barbecue...

Looks like our family will be watching from the Polynesian as we drink pineapple drinks. There are too many of us try Top of the Wold Lounge. Regardless, Disney will still make money. Thanks for everyone's response!

We had ten people once and they only asked for one ID. They need the business so I think you should give it a try.

We will be staying at VWL (members on points) and will have family staying at Fort Wilderness. Can we take "guests" to TOTW? Would love to be able to go one night to view fireworks.

There was just a thread on this, this week... not sure how to post link from iPad...

We were only asked for one ID when we went (dvc card & hotel room key)
It is really fantastic up there -- it was the most relaxing part of our trip -- have fun!

We will be staying at VWL (members on points) and will have family staying at Fort Wilderness. Can we take "guests" to TOTW? Would love to be able to go one night to view fireworks.

Sometimes it helps to read the entire thread. Here is what Doc posted on the first page of the thread from the DVC website:

Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: the Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2013 (blockout dates in 2013 are July 3 and 4, and December 30 and 31). Current operating hours are 6 p.m. to midnight.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.

Note that Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation, as parking is unavailable to anyone not staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

This special Top of the World Lounge access is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission.

I hope this isn't a silly question....I know this is a lounge ...can you take children under the age of 18 there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter