Bringing Guests to the Top of the World Lounge

I hope this isn't a silly question....I know this is a lounge ...can you take children under the age of 18 there?

Yes but do realize it is a lounge with people drinking and who are relaxing for the evening. Children who can behave are fine and many I have seen have been great- others who run around all over and jump on the furniture probably shouldn't be in the lounge.

Sometimes it helps to read the entire thread. Here is what Doc posted on the first page of the thread from the DVC website:

Thanks. My question was posted on another thread and moved. Did not see what Doc had posted. Guess I posted my question in the wrong place.

I hope this isn't a silly question....I know this is a lounge ...can you take children under the age of 18 there?

We took our DD1,DD3 and DD6 a few weeks ago and there were a ton of other kids too... So, yes it is totally appropriate to bring kids... Mine had a blast ordering mocktails and we had some snacks too :)

We had ten people once and they only asked for one ID. They need the business so I think you should give it a try.

Thanks! We'll have eleven total. I think I'll give it a try. Can't hurt!

Ughh... I'm new to all this, but someone told me if you were staying at BLT, you could go to TTOTW. If I'm reading this correctly, one has to own DVC points. Yes? (I'm renting points for BLT).

Ughh... I'm new to all this, but someone told me if you were staying at BLT, you could go to TTOTW. If I'm reading this correctly, one has to own DVC points. Yes? (I'm renting points for BLT).

That is correct. Renters should not be able to go, by the rules. Not to say it doesn't happen though. But it's not supposed to. If you aren't a member with your card, it could only *possibly* work if your room key says DVC on it and I do not think they do any longer. It's exclusive to members and their guests staying at BLT using their membership.

Your KTTW will not say DVC Member. It will say DVC room. You will need a blue DVC member card to show the CM allowing guests up to the TOTWL.

first see what views your room/villa has.

all the views have some views of the tomorrowland - so you might get lucky and get one.

worst case - they can visit with you at the north elevators - (no music) but an excellent view of the fireworks.

now if everyone is coming for a drink - be sure to mention that if they first refused you (which I would be surprised) - the reason they opened it to others dvc member staying at any WDW resort - is because they don't have enough paying guests for the lounge.

forgot - July 3, 4 plus Dec 30, 31 - only DVC member staying at BLT can go to TOWL on those days.

So if we are DVC members staying at OKW, we can go up there?

Editing...I found the answer as I kept reading.

We did bring up my husband's sister and her daughters - they were having dinner with us in our room and the CM at the elevator was fine with our group.

On a different trip, we brought our daughter and several of her college friends along for our spring break trip. They did not all have to show their room keys, but they sure did have to bring their ID showing their ages, lol! ;)
We all had a great time watching fireworks and having some appetizers! :goodvibes

what are the hours of the lounge? Also if we drive over, staying at SSR, can we park at the BLT area?
I believe the lounge is still ok for all DVC members and not just limited to those staying at BLT, is that correct?

what are the hours of the lounge? Also if we drive over, staying at SSR, can we park at the BLT area?
I believe the lounge is still ok for all DVC members and not just limited to those staying at BLT, is that correct?

Please go back and read the quoted info from the member site further up the thread. You may not park a car there but must take Disney transport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter