Bringing your own food onto Illuminations cruise?

StaceyA

<font color=006600>Disney fanatic!<br><font color=
Hello!

I just wanted to see how many people have brought their own food onto an Illuminations cruise, were you able to do it or did you have to wait until you got off to consume it?

How about drinks or alcohol? (like in a bottle of wine, champagne, or Soda)

Thanks in advance!

We have brought snacks, soda and beer twice. No problem either time.

We shared a cruise with other Dis'ers and they brought snacks, beer and soft drinks and shared with us. It was not a problem at all.

I've booked 2 cruises and the official line is "no food or beverages". But I read on this board that people did it without any difficulty (and they picked up after themselves and didn't leave any garbage for the skipper to clean up) --- can't recall anyone posting that they had a problem. We just brought soft drinks with us because we'd just eaten.

Thanks to everyone for your posts.....I think that is what we will do, we will just bring our desserts and drinks with us and make sure we clean up after ourselves and if they tell us we can't have them, we will just have it afterward!

Thanks again!

I sure am glad to see this topic! We are doing a Wishes cruise on Christmas night. I thought a thermos of hot chocolate and some Christmas cookies would be really good! We'll bring a trash sack and clean up after ourselves. Thanks!

Melanie

I always take wine, plastic cups and either juice boxes/soft drinks for ds - I have never, ever had a problem in over 7 years now. If I take something like a dessert I make absolutely sure that one is packaged separately and neatly for the captain in addition to his tip. (they cannot accept a cocktail). If we go during a holiday time I ALWAYS put something like a Publix or Lowe's gift card in a greeting card, in addition to the tip and say something like, well, I know you can't eat & drink with us but here is some thing to make it up to you. They are always so happy and so thrilled. It doesn't have to be a large amount - I'll get like a $10 card - about what a nice dessert and a beer would cost.

MamaQuack

Originally posted by MamaQuack
I always take wine, plastic cups and either juice boxes/soft drinks for ds - I have never, ever had a problem in over 7 years now. If I take something like a dessert I make absolutely sure that one is packaged separately and neatly for the captain in addition to his tip. (they cannot accept a cocktail). If we go during a holiday time I ALWAYS put something like a Publix or Lowe's gift card in a greeting card, in addition to the tip and say something like, well, I know you can't eat & drink with us but here is some thing to make it up to you. They are always so happy and so thrilled. It doesn't have to be a large amount - I'll get like a $10 card - about what a nice dessert and a beer would cost.

MamaQuack

Im going to go to the bakery in France and was planning on buying a seperate dessert for the captain, should I have them box it up seperate?

Thanks

that would be so sweet - even if the captain does not eat sweets he or she more than likely have a child, a spouse or a honey who does - its just the thought, to me at least, that counts - that you have planned ahead and included them and not just given them leftovers

The Concierge IPO office was the one that suggested (for a December cruise) that we take hot chocolate. That should make the Illuminations Cruise even more enjoyable. :D :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter