• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Burrito Recipe

Tink91

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I am trying to find a really good mexican burrito recipe with minced meat and beans etc...Here in Australia we dont have very good choices. Thanks :thumbsup2

I make my meat in the crockpot. I start with very lean pork loin roasts, I add season them on top with a couple teaspoons of cumin, dried red peppers, and garlic salt. I don't add any liqid....just cook them on low for about 8 hrs. The I use two forks to "pull" the port while still inside the crockpot.At this point you want to add something to moisten/coat the meat......you could add a can of beans, or a can of enchilada sauce, or a can of diced tomatoes with chilipeppers etc. Heat that through, then taste and add dry seasoning again to desired level of spiciness. I usually add a touch more cumin and some chili powder.

I then put the crockpot of the counter, then set out tortillas, sourcream, grated cheddar cheese, sliced black olives,and a salsa.Let people help themselves.

With burritos you can pretty much put in whatever you want. I don't follow a recipe.

You can brown some hamburger or ground turkey. I add Mexican seasoning to this but not sure you have that there or not. You then put that inside a flour tortilla. You add refried beans, or just use the refried beans and no meat. Some people put rice in it but I usually don't myself. Add shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomato, onion, black olives, and of course, salsa. Any of those things can be added or not by your liking. I think if you make it at home it is actually easier to just turn this in to a soft taco by folding it in half and eating it.

But if you want a burrito, put the stuff in the center of the tortilla in a rectangle shape. Fold the short ends in and then the long ends. Put it in a frying pan with a little Pam or very lightly oiled and cook until slightly browned and it stays closed.

I don't know what ingredients you have or don't have there, but I hope that helps. I love Mexican food and make it often. :)

My boyfriend would love that recipe but I don't eat pork, I don't like meat that taste like meat :lmao: thats why minced beef is good for me.

We do have burritos here but only packet mix sauce where you add the water, when I was in America you had the best tasting burritos and the beans were terrific!

I'm not sure what minced beef is ? Most burritos use either shredded chicken, beef or pork like I described, or browned ground beef or ground turkey. I'm sure the veggiterians could chime in with a tofu/soy alternative :)

How funny is it how different countries have their own style of cooking certain foods! Minced meat is basically hamburger mince before it was made into a hamburger pattie?:confused3

How funny is it how different countries have their own style of cooking certain foods! Minced meat is basically hamburger mince before it was made into a hamburger pattie?:confused3

That sounds like what we just call ground beef (or browned ground beef).

Burritos can vary depending on the restaurant. Some are very saucey and some are more dry. And like PP said, you can put whatever you like in it. Where did you get the burritos that you really liked? Maybe then we can help you figure out what to put in it. The ones I like the best tend to be the less-saucey kind from Qdoba or Chipotle. The ones I like come with rice (some sort of jasmine or basmate, i think, with cilantro mixed in) and then chicken, black beans, pico de gallo (chunky salsa that has tomatoes, onions, cilantro and usually a small amount of spiciness), cheese and sour cream. Qdoba also has sauces they put in too but they aren't the really tomato-y sauces like you might get at a regular mexican restaurant.

Anyway, my point was, maybe you could describe the burrito you liked so we might be able to help you figure out how to make it.

Ground beef! Will have to remember this one.

I liked the ones at Disneyland at the mexican restaurant in there, but would like them better if they were ground beef, also I loved the vegetable option.
There was also another mexican restaurant we ate at in Maine Place, a shopping centre in Anaheim but I couldn't tell you the name.

I am hopeless!!:headache:

Ground beef! Will have to remember this one.

I liked the ones at Disneyland at the mexican restaurant in there, but would like them better if they were ground beef, also I loved the vegetable option.
There was also another mexican restaurant we ate at in Maine Place, a shopping centre in Anaheim but I couldn't tell you the name.

I am hopeless!!:headache:

Maybe Baja Fresh was the other place you went to? I was thinking that there was one of those in the Main Place mall but can't quite remember. And I haven't been to a Baja Fresh in awhile so I can't remember what their burritos are like. Hmmm.......

Well, if I do ground beef in a burrito I cook it up with a packet of taco seasoning powder and then add cheese, black beans, tomatoes, sour cream, etc. Not sure if you like chicken but I sometimes cook up some chicken, cut it into chunks and then cook it with a little bit of the taco seasoning and some water (not a whole packet). I like to make nachos with the chicken. I put tortilla chips on the plate and then add black beans, chicken, cilantro, cheese and tomatos. DH also squeezes lime juice onto his. Yummy!

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Have you ever looked at the site allrecipes.com? Maybe you can find a recipe there that sounds like what you're looking for. Good luck with your burrito quest!

Do you have taco seasoning available? I just cook up some ground beef (hamburger, minced beef, whichever term you prefer :) ) and add taco seasonings to it, I also do the same thing with thin sliced beef or chicken. If we do the beef or chicken I slice up some onions and bell peppers and saute them in the seasonings also. :) I make a mixture of black beans and corn, add some cumin and white pepper for seasoning and heat that up, the girls love them that way, we then add cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sour cream, avocado or guac and hot sauce, roll it up and eat it. We do the same thing for tacos and burritos. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter