But Rhett! Where Shall I Go? What Shall I do? Frankly, m'dear... a MAY 2010 PTR

Ahhh- Jane, Jane- White on rice.:lmao: And FTR- you have an actual living breathing dis friend who says "ou'chonder" too.;)

:lmao:

SW- they are my favorite airline- you have to check in 24 hours in advance- but I read that if you don't buy seats on airtran you have to do the same thing if you want to sit together anyway. SW's no fee for baggage policy is good.

Oops! :guilty: My bad. :rotfl2: But actually, I meant just "chonder", as in "Space Mountain is chonder in Tomorrowland." (no "ou" chonder) I know, I know, it's too late. I said it. :blush: I can't start crawfishing now. Now there's one I bet no one's heard of! That means "going backwards" to a northerner. ;)

Thanks to those who enlightened me on SW's policies. I get lots of emails from them and I'm always checking the prices to Orlando. $86 has been the best I've seen since I've been checking, but it sounds like they do go up and down alot! And that no baggage fee thing is a big deal!

:wave2:
Okay- so I know it's been forever-- and I'd like to welcome everyone back with a Mai Tai---:drinking1
Just don't have too many or you'll be :tilt:

So----- let's discuss our travel day!!!

First of all, can I just say that watching airfare go up up up and then sort of down, sort of down, sort of down before going up up up again is just really a pain in my BEHIND?? You would think that after going to WDW so many times I'd be used to playing the game- but oh no. I have to get my hopes up of having $40 one way fares again.

*sigh*
Everyone sing with me the Archie/Edith Bunker song ---"Those were the daaaaaaaays."

Yes, I was lucky enough to get $39 each way fares out of Pittsburgh for our May '07 trip. It was Southwest, I was on it like WHITE ON RICE (;)for you, Shelly--) when they released the fare. I was smokin', my credit card was not. It thanked me endlessly for not abusing it.

*sigh*

Cue the "Those were the days" song.:rolleyes1

So being where I am, which is in the middle of America- right here, of course with not a huge airport with cheap airfare in sight amongst the chicken coops, Walmart trucks and cows-- I had to broaden my horizons.

I looked at two different airlines- Southwest out of one airport two hrs away, or Airtran two hours away in the other direction. SW- $149 pp each way.

blech.

I love SW too. I had such high hopes of the $39 fares. I don't even care about not sitting with my Main Man. Who cares if you are hearded thru like cattle? You"re goin to Disney baby! Outta my way!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Okay- hopes dashed I checked Airtran. $79 each way pp. Blech. I'm just so not into these fares!

I waited. And waited. And moaned.

And Groaned.
ANd complained.

And watched the flights every day. They didn't move.

Heck-- if I pull it up right now- they're still sitting there, pretty as you please- happy to be charging you an arm and a leg for carrying your happy tail off to the wild blue Mouse's house yonder.

And yes, to a Southerner-- "Yonder" is indeed a geographical location.;)

I had what I thought to be an aha moment.
Aha! Allegiant Air!!! Whoop Whoop! We can so fly out of here for $69!!! Whoop whoop.

:banana::yay::woohoo::banana::yay::woohoo:

Oh wait. SHOOT!!!!!!! Thursday flight down, Sunday back. That's all they offer.

What the heck, you say? Yeah, I said that too.:guilty:

Then it hit me---- I have this perfectly good man here at my disposal, capable of making many decisions....why not ask DH, aka "Rhett" -- "Where should I go, what should I do", batting the eyelashes over a steaming plate of Lettuce wraps at lunch one day??????

( I only include him on preparations and planning when abso-stinking-lutely necessary b/c he's like, you know, off making money and junk and just wants to know when I need the moolah by.)

So anyway-
I jumped in with both feet-
"IhavetobuysairfareforourlittlevacationinMayandwehavethreechoicessoyouneedtomakeadecisonAirtrannonstopSouthweststinkytimesorAllegiantbaddaysohyeahandwehavetogetbackbySaturdaybecauseit'sDrew'sbrirthdayandheneedspresentssowhendoyouwanttogo?" Blink blink, blankstare- blankstare.

Rhett responds with a very long pause and then...."Okay, first of all, take a breath and tell me the dates and times again". Gosh I love that man. Nothing like grounding me when I'm in a turmoil like a tornado.

So----- over Monogolian beef, lettuce wraps and Thai stirfry- he makes a decison--- "Airtran, leave on Saturday-come back on Saturday nonstop flights-"

And Voila-- Rhett was included, he saved the day once again like all good Prince's do and I came home and at his gentle urging booked the flights.

They've already changed on me once. :headache: Dumb behind airline.

So now after all of that- we will arrive at the Poly late- and I already have to cancel one reservation.

Anyone need an 'Ohana ressie for two???????:headache:

Am I too late for the Mai Tai??? :lmao: It's Friday and it's snowing- I deserve one!

So sad about having to cancel Ohana. :sad2: Maybe you can keep checking and possibly reschedule it. :confused3

Congrats on the airfare- the limited days stink but those fares ROCK! :rockband:

So what are we chatting about - did we ever chat about Parks - our must dos and absolute misses :confused3 ????
Did I miss that?

Hope everyone is having a Happy Friday !

I think I am getting out of the winter funk - snow is melting and I am getting myself organize for my TR :surfweb::laughing:

:laughing: No ticker fiasco this time! I just came across one I liked better! :goodvibes

That's good! There are so many nice tickers out there now, but sending the moving icon back to the beginning can be disappointing. Your's is still moving along! :woohoo:
So excited you get to stay at the BWI. Love that whole area. Too many nice resorts at WDW to pick just one!

:blush:

Hi ya guys.

I have a confession...

My name's JoBird.
(hi JoBird!)
And I'm a PTR writing failure.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I seriously stink at it.:lmao: Sorry to all the readers who were hanging in there with me.

Lots has changed- I'm now down to 60 days!!! Yay!!!
And get this...

we are now arriving on Friday instead of Saturday! Yee-Haw!:thumbsup2
But I don't want my ticker to have to start all over again-- my little monorail has come so far...LOL.... so I'll just be off by a day.:)

I get to keep my original ADR at 'Ohana!!! So excited.

I'm leaving to go to my Mom's house in two days all by my little old self-- for a nice long weekend so when I get back I'm gonna give it my fullest attention to get this PTR rolling right along to usher us right into the trip.

Do you believe me???:flower3:

Writing one is harder than writing a TR. At least with TR's you can say what happened. With PTR's you can only speculate what's gonna happen and hope to heck that nothing resembling the Bubonic Plague sneaks up behind you and taps your shoulder while you're do-si-do'ing with Goofy and company.

:dance3:

I'll work very hard on it.

Pinky Swear.

:goodvibes
Jo

You are not a failure!!! You're just leisurely about it!

I'm still following along, so whenever you do write, I'll be here! popcorn::

I have not done an actual update on my TR in what seems like forever. I got so busy, and then the darn computer made me crazy. I hope to do something tonight.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend away!

I'm out the door to get my hair done- but had to post this update really quick---

I'm alive.

Well, yes you say, you know that- "Thanks a lot Captain Obvious"!!:thumbsup2

But what you don't know is- I'm alive--- AND...

The kids know we're doing the Disney thang without them.

And we lived to tell the tale!:goodvibes

On Friday- Rhett, aka Mark, decided that we needed to add a day to the beginning of the trip since we weren't going to be landing at MCO until after 11pm on Saturday- remember my moaning about cancelling 'Ohana? I never did it!~
Anyway- after looking into it, I found that I could get into POFQ for one night for $146 with the special they;re running. Adding a day onto the car rental was only $22. And since Airtran had changed my flight times on me- I called them hoping that they would be willing to let me change without the $75 pp fee. It worked! I changed to a day earlier-- and so we get Hotel, flights and another day with the car for a grand total of $168.

Not bad.

I was telling Mark about it last night- never saying WHERE the flight was going to- just that it was done, when Drew- ever the attentive child- looks at me and says-- "You guys are going to Disney, aren't you?":eek: Mark looked at me and I whispered- "you tell him-" And so he said "Yeah bud- I'm talking Mom on an Anniversary trip-"

Drew was so sweet.

The only thing he asked was if we would be gone during his birthday- and when I told him no- he smiled and hugged me and said "I know you're gonna have a great time."

Mark told him to go tell his sisters- MCat was first-
she came out and sort of rolled her eyes and said "I kinda already had a feeling you guys were going" and then Drew went to tell the red Head- who I was most concerned about.

I held my breath as he went up the stairs and in a few minutes I heard her yell "YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and I'm thinking oh no- she thinks she's going too-
and she comes tearing down the stairs and yells--- "Woo hoo, uhhh, huuuuuh--- Mom and Dad are llllllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaviiiiinnnn' and Grandma's cooooooommmmmmmiiiiiiinnnn" while she is doing this crazy shake your booty dance in the kitchen.

And it sort of hurt my feelings that she was so excited that I was leaving so I did a childish thing-- I said "I'm going to Disney World. WIthout you. Aren't you sad? Even a little bit?" and she stopped, looked at me,
turned her back on me- shook her butt in my face and said "uh-uh- Grandma's cooomiiiiiiiiin and you're leeeeaaaviiiiin. And we are gonna have fu-un without y-ooou."

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

So much for the wrath of the red Head. Grandma's coming. Mom's going to Disney World. ANd the kids are excited.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sheree- :goodvibes I'm so far behind on your TR- I am an awful readerand writer. :lmao:I'm sorry. Thanks for sticking with me-- I have to go find my spot in your TR and catch up. SO don't update yours till I'm caught up, Okay?:rotfl2:

Well, I'm glad to hear that the kids know and you are still intact! I love your description of redhead giving the booty shake. That would sooooo be my son. He knows that his grandmother will cater to his every need whereas I tell him he's got two legs, get up and get it yourself.

Sure, Jo - now that I'm all motivated again, you want me to stop my TR with one night left of it and wait for you???

okay. Let me know when you're ready. :)
(but I did do an update last night. Sorry.)
Glad to hear you survived the trip announcing to the kids. Now you can go have fun with absolutely no guilt!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::cool1: Too funny!!!

I said "I'm going to Disney World. WIthout you. Aren't you sad? Even a little bit?" and she stopped, looked at me,
turned her back on me- shook her butt in my face and said "uh-uh- Grandma's cooomiiiiiiiiin and you're leeeeaaaviiiiin. And we are gonna have fu-un without y-ooou."
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hooray you get to keep your Ohana ADR!!!!! It was my favorite this last trip!

Congrats on your kids finding out and you and Rhett still being alive to tell the tale! Although I'm curious as to what Grandma does with them while you're gone. :scared1:

Well, I'm glad to hear that the kids know and you are still intact! I love your description of redhead giving the booty shake. That would sooooo be my son. He knows that his grandmother will cater to his every need whereas I tell him he's got two legs, get up and get it yourself.
Isn't it awful when your kids wrap Gma around their finger? The Red Head definitely gets her way- not just with us but with Gma too.
And the booty shake? Remember Solid Gold with the dancers in the 80's? Honey they had nothing on her....
:lmao:
She's got moves I've never seen -- and she's only 7. Yes, I am indeed in trouble with that one.

Sure, Jo - now that I'm all motivated again, you want me to stop my TR with one night left of it and wait for you???

okay. Let me know when you're ready.
(but I did do an update last night. Sorry.)
Glad to hear you survived the trip announcing to the kids. Now you can go have fun with absolutely no guilt!
:laughing:Sorry Sheree! Glad you found your motivation. Yay for your trip coming up!:goodvibes

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::cool1: Too funny!!!
:) She just really doesn't care at all. MCat I think was a little mad- but she's got teenage angst and all so I give her a pass.

Your title caught my eye, as it contains a quote from the greatest book of all time. Subbing!
HI! Welcome to my PTR! And yes- that book is indeed the best ever. I love it so much.

Hooray you get to keep your Ohana ADR!!!!! It was my favorite this last trip!

Congrats on your kids finding out and you and Rhett still being alive to tell the tale! Although I'm curious as to what Grandma does with them while you're gone. :scared1:

Ahhhh, Gma- you know the normal stuff that I won't let them do- run around with sharp objects, play with matches. The normal stuff.
:rotfl2:
I can't wait to get to 'Ohana. I'm so glad I didn't cancel it.

Okay guys- this is it- I'm leaving in 7.5 hours for the airport to head to my Mom's. I guess I need to get the suitcase out.:rotfl2:

I will be back on Sunday and on Monday- I'll start working on each days plans so you can see what we're doing.

Hope everyone has a wonderful happy SUN FILLED weekend!!:goodvibes

PS---
My ticker has the words "One month " in it....
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

My almost 7 year old has some funky dance moves that I KNOW she did not learn in her tap/ballet classes!! Not sure where it comes from, but I know I've never done those moves.

Have a good trip to your mom's!

Sorry I've been missing JO. Somehow my part time job has been keeping me very busy lately!! :upsidedow

So anyway -- Glad you made it through telling the kids! :eek: That ended up much better than expected!

Have a great weekend/trip :wave:

:goodvibes

Can't wait to talk about your plans when you get back! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter