Buying champagne??

Stini228

Mouseketeer
Hey all, just wondering if it was possible to purchase any champagne/wine/adult beverages in the stores around the boardwalk, YC, or BC? We're doing an Illuminations cruise and I'd like to bring some :):)

Christine

i have seen such for sale at OKW/WL. so, my guess would be yes. it was behind the counter.:tongue:

Absolutely!

The general store at the Boardwalk has a decent selection. The store in the lobby of the Beach Club also has a selection.

Cheers.

You could also bring your own! If you have room in your suitcase. You'll probably get a much better price if you purchase at your home, than buying directly there!

If you're going to Epcot anytime before your cruise, you could also check in France. They have a selection of French wine and champagne for sale. If I remember correctly, they also have corkscrews in case you've forgotten to bring one.

I think all the resorts sell it; Iron Horse makes a brand especially for Disney, the Fairy Tale Cuvee, and it is quite good.

I would bring my own except this cruise is a suprise and we will be at Ohana's right before, so I can't really carry it with me, lol.

Thanks again everyone :)

Originally posted by Jen D
I think all the resorts sell it; Iron Horse makes a brand especially for Disney, the Fairy Tale Cuvee, and it is quite good.

I am a big champagne drinker (well, not a big drinker, but it is my absolute favorite drink!), and this champagne is excellent. I only wish I had bought some to bring back . . . :(

Yep, they have wine/beer/champagne for sale in the shop on the boardwalk. go and enjoy!

We also bought the Fairy Tale Cuvee on our last trip in Sept. I think it was somewhere around $23 a bottle.

Originally posted by Stini228
I would bring my own except this cruise is a suprise and we will be at Ohana's right before, so I can't really carry it with me, lol.

Hey now!
Im going to be on that cruise with you....how many glasses are you bringing??

LOL Just kidding!

The Fairy Tale Cuvee is very good!
I bought some last time and brought it home to have for our next wedding anniversary, I will probably do the same this year!

Although I always bring my own from home I have many times seen room service folks taking ice buckets and glasses out to the pontoon dock - even if you are not staying at the YC/BC you could still probably arrange for them to do it for you too - talk about a neat surprise!!!!!!!!

MamaQuack

Originally posted by disneyvoice
We also bought the Fairy Tale Cuvee on our last trip in Sept. I think it was somewhere around $23 a bottle.

Does anyone know if you can order this online or somehow? I would love to pullit out for a special occassion!!

Originally posted by Stini228

Since you'll be at Ohana's right before, you can also purchase the Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee at the shop by the elevators on the 2nd floor.....chilled!::yes::

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but it was my understanding that absolutely no outside food or drinks were allowed on a fireworks cruise. You may want to check on that before you buy the bottle and show up with it just to be told you can't have it. I think the reason is they try to make you buy theirs, at quite a mark up.

Originally posted by luvpooh
I don't mean to be a party pooper, but it was my understanding that absolutely no outside food or drinks were allowed on a fireworks cruise. You may want to check on that before you buy the bottle and show up with it just to be told you can't have it. I think the reason is they try to make you buy theirs, at quite a mark up.

I just wrote here that you can bring it and that I asked when I booked the cruise and at that time the reservationist said that you can....

I just called and spoke to another CM that told me that you are NOT permitted to bring any food or drinks on the boat!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sorry Christine, I guess you will have to have the champagne after the cruise. :mad:

I think it is one of those things where it depends on who you talk to. I have always taken wine and never once been refused to board - one captain did exclaim "oh, I am so glad you have plastic ups because we can't allow glasses" - however, as I posted earlier, we have sat on our balcony at YC and seen room service carry trays out with ice buckets, champagne and GLASSES!

Originally posted by MamaQuack
I think it is one of those things where it depends on who you talk to. I have always taken wine and never once been refused to board - one captain did exclaim "oh, I am so glad you have plastic ups because we can't allow glasses" - however, as I posted earlier, we have sat on our balcony at YC and seen room service carry trays out with ice buckets, champagne and GLASSES!

I was planning on bringing pasteries from France, do you think if I brought one for the driver he or she would overlook it?? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter