BWV Standard Rooms Gone Starting January 2024

n2mm

aka WALTSGIRL
I guess ALL standard rooms at Bwv will be out of service starting January 1, 2024. I saw it yesterday and wondered. Now this morning it continues. This includes all standard studios, 1 bedrooms and the 2 bedrooms. If it follows the BW view rooms pattern in September we’re looking at 2-3 months. So once again the garden/Pool view rooms will be the backup plan. I have to say I’ve never seen them take an entire section of inventory out like this. I’ve only been a member for 18 years, but in the past they’ve just taken floors out of inventory. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

18E548D4-3BBB-458C-81BF-49F12BD79622.jpeg

Last edited:
Will Boardwalk rooms be out of service in September of 2023? Has that actually been announced?
There were no boardwalk View rooms available to book from 9/9 to the Friday after thanksgiving (11/24). So that was 20% of the bw inventory that was not available to book during F & W. Therefore garden/pool view and standard view got hit hard. We’ve been expecting the other views to experience this too. So if it’s the same pattern Of 3 months, then the lost of this inventory could be 3 months Also. This is hard news for folks like me who classify themselves as point misers and book standard 99.9% of the time. Glad I own at BLT, but I shouldn’t have any problem booking garden/pool view at the 11 month window.

There were no boardwalk View rooms available to book from 9/9 to the Friday after thanksgiving (11/24). So that was 20% of the bw inventory that was not available to book during F & W. Therefore garden/pool view and standard view got hit hard. We’ve been expecting the other views to experience this too. So if it’s the same pattern Of 3 months, then the lost of this inventory could be 3 months Also. This is hard news for folks like me who classify themselves as point misers and book standard 99.9% of the time. Glad I own at BLT, but I shouldn’t have any problem booking garden/pool view at the 11 month window.
Fellow “point miser” here. So glad this has been posted. Will be on the lookout for our 2024 vacation availability.

Thank you for the heads-up.

I think 2/3 of Boulder Ridge rooms are unavailable right now, so this has been done before. (the whole long wing, all 5 floors). We BR folks are kinda glad because rehab is going fast (finally).

I think 2/3 of Boulder Ridge rooms are unavailable right now, so this has been done before. (the whole long wing, all 5 floors). We BR folks are kinda glad because rehab is going fast (finally).
BR is getting a full refurb (finally). Looks great. Bwv is only get a soft refurb. (Guess I was wrong, looks like a full refurb 2023/2024)

Last edited:

BR is getting a full refurb (finally). Looks great. Bwv is only get a soft refurb.
BCV is only getting soft refurb (“refresh”) - it had a full refurb in 2016. As above, BWV gets a full refurb this year.

BWV is scheduled for a full refurb this year. From DVCNews:
https://www.dvcnews.com/other-resources/site-content/5196-dvc-resort-refurbishment-tracker

The entire resort (BWI & BWV) is getting a refurb - exteriors included.
I figured they are running a year behind since the shutdown. HH was suppose to get a full refurb in 2022 along with BR. At least they started BR in 2022. Unfortunately HH resort is still waiting. (We were there a couple of months ago). I did see on the chart that BWV was due in 2023 so not too far behind (I missed it because it wasn’t highlighted). Guess I should’ve looked at the refurb chart. Seems the chart linked above is more current than my screenshot. HH WAS originally scheduled for 2022. Didn’t realize it was delayed.B9657902-86D9-48D2-B489-0F207AD49BC9.jpeg

As to the DVC reservation site currently indicating that time beginning Jan 1 for standard view rooms is unvailable ((while time before is open) there are two possibilities: (a) they are taking standard view rooms out of service; or (b) this is just the website having one of its glitches, one that has occurred numersous times before in the last decade for many resorts and room categories.

Which it is I do not know, but I am leaning towards the glitch option right now simply because I find it difficult to believe that a refurb of the standard view rooms would begin on January 1, a day when all those who would be working on the refurb would have the day off.

As to the DVC reservation site currently indicating that time beginning Jan 1 for standard view rooms is unvailable ((while time before is open) there are two possibilities: (a) they are taking standard view rooms out of service; or (b) this is just the website having one of its glitches, one that has occurred numersous times before in the last decade for many resorts and room categories.

Which it is I do not know, but I am leaning towards the glitch option right now simply because I find it difficult to believe that a refurb of the standard view rooms would begin on January 1, a day when all those who would be working on the refurb would have the day off.

I think it is (c) that's as far as you can book beyond the 11 month window. This morning you can book through Jan 3rd.

If this is an indication of rooms being out of service then all rooms at all resorts are going out of service beyond Jan 3, 2024.

I think it is (c) that's as far as you can book beyond the 11 month window. This morning you can book through Jan 3rd.

If this is an indication of rooms being out of service then all rooms at all resorts are going out of service beyond Jan 3, 2024.
The system never shows availability at 11-months out for dates beyond 7 nights, e.g., today, Jan 28, it would not be showing any availability for Jan 4, 2024, or after. However, it is supposed to show availability for the seven nights, Dec 28, 2023 through Jan 3, 2024. Right now, it is showing standard view rooms as open Dec 31 but not necessarily Jan 1-3, an impossibility absent some room closures or a glitch, since anyone booking today could not possibly book Jan 1-3 without booking Dec 31.

Nevertheless, my belief that what everyone is seeing is just a glitch is further indicated by what is actually being shown if you look at the calendar. Already booked dates or ones taken out of service are shown by clearly-readable, light-blue blocks on the calendars. Currently, if you include Jan 1-3 in the dates you want beginning Dec 28, the calendar is simply showing Jan 1-3 as faded out the same as Jan 4 and after, which means the system is treating Jan 1-3 as dates that cannot possibly be booked yet, the same as Jan 4 or after. Moreover, a glitch is further indicated by the Jan 1-3 dates for standard studios -- there is a faded out number 9 in the blocks, something that has no meaning except to indicate a glitch.

Last edited:
It's not just Standard view that's offline. A significant portion of Garden/Pool is also offline starting 1/1 (especially 1BR), but not all.

I don't have a way to tell if any G/P were taken offline during the Boardwalk View refurb wave, but it might be a sign that there's only 2 waves to the refurb.

It's not just Standard view that's offline. A significant portion of Garden/Pool is also offline starting 1/1 (especially 1BR), but not all.

I don't have a way to tell if any G/P were taken offline during the Boardwalk View refurb wave, but it might be a sign that there's only 2 waves to the refurb.
Actually what I am seeing now is that the entire system is screwed up. That pool/garden 1BR is now shown as open through Jan 2 but Jan 3 is faded out, which it should not be if is available. I started checking the other resorts and rooms. Everywhere Jan 3 is faded out if you attempt to reserve a Dec 28 arrival and Jan 4 check out, meaning the system is treating the night of Jan 3 as not yet available to be booked, and, even though you put in the search block that you want a Dec 28 arrival and Jan 4 departure, the system, when it shows availabilit, is acting like you requested a Jan 3 departure and thus falsely showing full availability for what you thought you requested, i.e., many who think they are booking 7 nights anywhere are being fooled because the system is treating that as only a six-night request.

Last edited:
Actually what I am seeing now is that the entire system is screwed up. That pool/garden 1BR is now shown as open through Jan 2 but Jan 3 is faded out, which it should not be if is available. I started checking the other resorts and rooms. Everywhere Jan 3 is faded out if you attempt to reserve a Dec 28 arrival and Jan 4 check out, meaning the system is treating the night of Jan 3 as not yet available to be booked, and, even though you put in the search block that you want a Dec 28 arrival and Jan 4 departure, the system, when it shows availabilit, is acting like you requested a Jan 3 departure and thus falsely showing full availability for what you thought you requested, i.e., many who think they are booking 7 nights anywhere are being fooled because the system is treating that as only a six-night request.
Whatever you're seeing is unrelated to what I'm seeing, sorry.

And now that Jan 3 issue has been fixed for the BWV pool/garden view rooms, including the 1BRs, and rooms at other resorts. You can now book the BWV pool/garden 1BR for a Dec 28 arrival and Jan 4 departure, likewise rooms that had the issue at other resorts. However the BWV standard view issue is still not fixed.

Last edited:
I guess ALL standard rooms at Bwv will be out of service starting January 1, 2024. I saw it yesterday and wondered. Now this morning it continues. This includes all standard studios, 1 bedrooms and the 2 bedrooms. If it follows the BW view rooms pattern in September we’re looking at 2-3 months. So once again the garden/Pool view rooms will be the backup plan. I have to say I’ve never seen them take an entire section of inventory out like this. I’ve only been a member for 18 years, but in the past they’ve just taken floors out of inventory. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

View attachment 735350
I’m hoping this is a glitch it can be resolved soon. I was able to book 12/27-1/1/24 the other day. I decided to bank some points today to stay a few extra days and the system is not letting me add the dates on through 1/4/24 that I should be allowed to book. I even tried modifying my current reservation to 12/28-1/1 and it is trying to make me waitlist. I currently hold those dates so a waitlist makes no sense for me to be able to cut a day off at the beginning of my trip.

If it's not a glitch, the most likely reason is that they expect to be starting exterior work - similar to what we believe is happening with Boardwalk view villas later this year.

If it's not a glitch, the most likely reason is that they expect to be starting exterior work - similar to what we believe is happening with Boardwalk view villas later this year.
But it doesn’t explain why I wouldn’t be able to modify my existing reservation to less days without waitlisting the modification. That is my only hope that it’s a glitch and not rooms being blocked off. Otherwise, split stay here we come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter