Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

What's the timeline for switching all the cabins to the new models? (Specifically, at the end of November 2024 will there still be some of the old cabins left?)

What's the timeline for switching all the cabins to the new models? (Specifically, at the end of November 2024 will there still be some of the old cabins left?)
They have stated they are starting now and it will take 18+ months to do the changes so yes there will be legacy cabins available in November and they are bookable on the Disney website. There are 2 listings for the cabins now so you can choose which one you want to stay in.

They have stated they are starting now and it will take 18+ months to do the changes so yes there will be legacy cabins available in November and they are bookable on the Disney website. There are 2 listings for the cabins now so you can choose which one you want to stay in.
Ok, I was wondering because we were able to book a cabin in Nov 2023 for Nov 2024, but only for 6 nights (we wanted 7 nights). We couldn't book for more than 6 nights for ANY dates we tried (no matter what month). We also couldn't find anything for a single night. We weren't sure if that booking would be auto cancelled (or if we'd get a call) - like maybe it was a glitch that we were able to book a cabin that early. However now it does look like that is for a "legacy" cabin.

Today, I was able to book one of the newer cabins for our entire stay (I searched for both one night and 7 night stays and both were bookable). The legacy cabins didn't show any availability.

Ok, I was wondering because we were able to book a cabin in Nov 2023 for Nov 2024, but only for 6 nights (we wanted 7 nights). We couldn't book for more than 6 nights for ANY dates we tried (no matter what month). We also couldn't find anything for a single night. We weren't sure if that booking would be auto cancelled (or if we'd get a call) - like maybe it was a glitch that we were able to book a cabin that early. However now it does look like that is for a "legacy" cabin.

Today, I was able to book one of the newer cabins for our entire stay (I searched for both one night and 7 night stays and both were bookable). The legacy cabins didn't show any availability.
They definitely have availability for old cabins - maybe just not your dates 😀 it’s a popular time for the cabins due to Halloween and the holidays because people love the decorations at the campsites.

I go in and play around often bc I’m a big fan - but Disney said this would not be done all at once but take ~18 months. New cabins were only able to be booked starting yesterday. I currently have a new and old cabin booked for November and will choose which one has the better AP discount when that’s released 🤣

They definitely have availability for old cabins - maybe just not your dates 😀 it’s a popular time for the cabins due to Halloween and the holidays because people love the decorations at the campsites.

I go in and play around often bc I’m a big fan - but Disney said this would not be done all at once but take ~18 months. New cabins were only able to be booked starting yesterday. I currently have a new and old cabin booked for November and will choose which one has the better AP discount when that’s released 🤣
Yeah, we usually stay in the cabins over Thanksgiving, either 7 or 8 nights. Which was why we thought it was weird that we could only book for 6 nights no matter what dates we tried. (We tried online, over the phone, etc, and even the CMs couldn't figure it out.)

I knew the cabins were bookable starting yesterday, but the article I'd seen didn't specify if it was new or old. We'll probably drop the "legacy" cabin booking, unless family decides to join us.

Does anyone know what cash rates are looking like compared to previous rates for the cabins?
I'm tracking one night in early December where I might stay there (if it's bookable at 7m), it went from $726 to $777 for that night.

Cabins are under construction at FW - being built from the ground up, although with prefab pieces. Looks like the first ones might be models, based on their location, but work is also underway in the first real loop.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...done-for-new-dvc-cabins.3929532/post-65407794

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...done-for-new-dvc-cabins.3929532/post-65412366

Thanks for sharing! It matches the info that guides and kiosks people shared! Pretty cool!

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the shells of each to go up!!

Building 30 cabins to open in 90 days. At that pace, it could take 3 years to build all the cabins.

Building 30 cabins to open in 90 days. At that pace, it could take 3 years to build all the cabins.

I know wonder if this is why the incentives for the cabins are not out of the park good? They need to be sure they have enough of them to activate into the resort use plan in order to sell the points to use them!

I know wonder if this is why the incentives for the cabins are not out of the park good? They need to be sure they have enough of them to activate into the resort use plan in order to sell the points to use them!

I can't wrap my head around the fact they sold CFW points before the any construction of the cabins happened on site. If people buy, they will build.

Have they ever used a sales model like this?

I can't wrap my head around the fact they sold CFW points before the any construction of the cabins happened on site. If people buy, they will build.

Have they ever used a sales model like this?
They started selling VDH four months before the tower opened. If the estimates of another 3 months to complete the first phase are accurate (I haven't really looked at the construction photos myself), then that would align with a 4-month sales opening to grand opening timeline. Sure, the tower was started a year earlier, but there were never any model/preview units, so it's basically sight unseen in both cases (and those cabins are long lead time items, so they absolutely were committed to building them probably 6-9 months ago).

They started selling VDH four months before the tower opened. If the estimates of another 3 months to complete the first phase are accurate (I haven't really looked at the construction photos myself), then that would align with a 4-month sales opening to grand opening timeline. Sure, the tower was started a year earlier, but there were never any model/preview units, so it's basically sight unseen in both cases (and those cabins are long lead time items, so they absolutely were committed to building them probably 6-9 months ago).
Understand the site unseen. Guess I'm used to that because DW and I bought all of our direct contracts before the resorts opened and in some cases there were ever available.

CFW is different though. They sold the first points sometime in early February. My understanding... the very first cabin wall didn't go up until last week. (Permits showed up on the county website last Wednesday or Thursday for this work to begin). Not sure why, until I saw these pictures I thought the cabins were built offsite and moved in place (like a house can be moved).

Understand the site unseen. Guess I'm used to that because DW and I bought all of our direct contracts before the resorts opened and in some cases there were ever available.

CFW is different though. They sold the first points sometime in early February. My understanding... the very first cabin wall didn't go up until last week. (Permits showed up on the county website last Wednesday or Thursday for this work to begin). Not sure why, until I saw these pictures I thought the cabins were built offsite and moved in place (like a house can be moved).
I think the typical assumption was that they were being done like the old ones - assembled off site and rolled in and placed. I'm a little surprised it's turning out differently.
In the past the commonly held belief was that these projects had to reach a certain build point before the approval could be given for sales. That seems blown out of the water in this instance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter